Back to Clova

Je me souviens

We took another trip up to Clova last weekend.  Left Sainte Anne du Lac Friday morning, went by Meekoos, Lunic, 100 Lacs, had lunch at Fer a Cheval then took the shortcut up to Clova.  190 miles. The shortcut bypassing Parent makes it 70 miles from the horseshoe to Clova.  Just like a few years back, the first 30 miles is straight up highway all the way to Mary Lake, the next 15 miles has some hanging branches to contend with, the last 25 miles is the good old Chemin Lepine. 
Saturday headed west on 83 and had lunch at Faillon then back to Clova.  200 miles.  This is where the snow median is.  The club built a new relais at the lookout, the wood stove is large enough to heat a house, comes with a small area to prep and cook, very nice.  They built a perch to make sure the picture comes out perfect.

Sunday morning we woke up to some fresh fluff, we knew the forecast was not great but decided to head south as planned.  Started out with heavy snowfall in Clova, switched to freezing  rain further south, and started raining just before the horseshoe.  We shook the glaze off our coats and had a break at the horseshoe, checked the  forecast and it indicated we had a 2 hour window of reprieve from the rain, so we dashed south.  The local trail back to SADL was just as good as I remember, and the rain held off long enough to get back to the truck.  135 miles.  
Trip highlights included a great time Friday night having supper with a group from Ontario, I spotted another large Lynx, and above all enjoyed the first Quebec trip with my wife since her battle with breast cancer.  I love you Zebbie.

Here are some pics

10AABD79-5D3E-444F-85B0-4C8EEDD9F07B.jpeg

73AFCF73-A9DC-415B-8339-87E46EB06724.jpeg

34ACC959-7372-4D92-9E9F-1AF39DC51B4E.jpeg

A707488C-23E0-440D-8446-C71FE13E91F6.jpeg

679B18B0-D2FC-4299-99EB-CD297C2A2E6A.jpeg

5B9A0E1C-CD79-413A-9DBA-7B02BA1446DC.jpeg

Here is the best one courtesy of the club Lions de Senneterre

Translation:

you judge, bitch and run your lips.  Go put their shoes on and do better.  

30E55EDE-BC2E-4142-9BFB-36DBECE73066.jpeg

this question is for je me souviens,i know you like to hang out at dominic's or even snowmaster2112,have either of you ever spent any time at the church up on the hill opposite the school house on a saturday night in clova.very interesting experience😂                      

9 hours ago, blackjack1 said:

this question is for je me souviens,i know you like to hang out at dominic's or even snowmaster2112,have either of you ever spent any time at the church up on the hill opposite the school house on a saturday night in clova.very interesting experience😂                      

I have not either and interested to what your experience was. Every time I get within a 100 yards of a church I start hearing that eerie music from the "Omen" series of horror movies back in the 80's. I figure it's a warning for me so I tend to stay away.