just wondering

Iceman

I'm getting some new gear for the season thinking of KLIM

I know is expensive, but I would like some feedback on it

Is it worth the price?

Who likes what????? choko, HJC.....etc

just wondering

Iceman

Hi! Iceman klim makes great stuff but if you go with layering system it can get very expensive I don't think it's worth it.

I have a ski doo jacket and bibs and wear the klim inferno underwear and I did not get cold last year in quebec at -40 deg. I. Also have the togwotee gloves from klim but my fingertips did get cold even with gauntlets again it was -40 but if you go with klim i'am shure you won't be disappointed. I don't know if this helps you.it's always nice to have new gear   p.s. Think snow.

thanks crazysnow for the reply. I am living here in Quebec and will be using my gear alot more now. (weather permitting) let it snow ALOT

So i am ready to make an investment in something that will last and be warm and comfortable too.

where do you usually ride up here in snowmobile heaven aka Quebec???

Where do you start from for a trip???

I'm getting some new gear for the season thinking of KLIM

I know is expensive, but I would like some feedback on it

Is it worth the price?

Who likes what????? choko, HJC.....etc

just wondering

Iceman

I do 90% of my riding in Quebec from Shawinigan to Matagami to the Gaspe. I had a Reima Reima cross gore tex shell that I wore over over a Reima fleece, this worked well for several years. Last year I wore a FXR Adrenaline jacket it is very comfortable and has a zip out liner and several adjustments for fitment, however on a trip last year we were rained on for about 2 hours and I got wet. It is supposed to be waterproof so I contacted them and they sent me a new jacket, excellent service for sure. I just bought a Klim Valdez jacket that I will be comparing to the FXR this winter so I will know which is the best. I am convinced that for the optimum waterproof needs you still can't beat gore tex especially now that only Klim has the right to use it as other manufacturers were failing the "test" gore puts their clothing through.

thanks snowbound good info

you sound like my kind of rider. all over Quebec on the best trails in the world...

let me know when you are heading for shawini i am in mont carmel right nearby

happy trails

I sell Choko on the Internet and am an advertiser here on QR so you may feel that I am partial, which I probably am. That being said I can tell you that this is a very good product as I have had mine 2 years, rode 20,000 miles in it and never have been cold. Several members here on QR have bought it and have been very pleased. Just my $.02 on the matter. Good luck with whatever you decide to purchase. It's your money, spend it the way the way you feel is the best for you.

Hi! Iceman klim makes great stuff but if you go with layering system it can get very expensive I don't think it's worth it.

I have a ski doo jacket and bibs and wear the klim inferno underwear and I did not get cold last year in quebec at -40 deg. I. Also have the togwotee gloves from klim but my fingertips did get cold even with gauntlets again it was -40 but if you go with klim i'am shure you won't be disappointed. I don't know if this helps you.it's always nice to have new gear   p.s. Think snow.

crazysnow, I recommend thin gloves, like these http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?produ...p;lmdn=Category, with gauntlets. Since they are thin, you get more from the hand warmers. If too much air backs-into the gauntlets, I use a tie-wrap to reduce the opening. I've had no problem with that setup, down to the usual -40. You can also get at maps and take pictures without having to remove your gloves.

Don, I've used Reima for years without a problem, however, when I'm due for new gear, I would probably try choko...especially since I know where Bill lives if there's a problem...lol

crazysnow, I recommend thin gloves, like these http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?produ...p;lmdn=Category, with gauntlets. Since they are thin, you get more from the hand warmers. If too much air backs-into the gauntlets, I use a tie-wrap to reduce the opening. I've had no problem with that setup, down to the usual -40. You can also get at maps and take pictures without having to remove your gloves.

Don, I've used Reima for years without a problem, however, when I'm due for new gear, I would probably try choko...especially since I know where Bill lives if there's a problem...lol

Hi scorpionbowl

thanks for the great idear like the tie-wraps will try.

Always like to hear about new stuff will try thin gloves too. 

thanks crazysnow for the reply. I am living here in Quebec and will be using my gear alot more now. (weather permitting) let it snow ALOT

So i am ready to make an investment in something that will last and be warm and comfortable too.

where do you usually ride up here in snowmobile heaven aka Quebec???

Where do you start from for a trip???

Iceman I usually ride out of shawinigan " motel safari "

thinking of changing that and starting from st.Raymond

hotel "roquemont" to lac-saint-Jean. P.s. Looking forward to your

snow reports.

Can't go wrong with Choko if riding in Quebec. Bought my first set (cloves, jacket, bibs) back in 2000 and have never looked back. It is so warm I can't wear it when I ride around home unless it is below 15°. Have any trips planned yet? I have two so far, guy trip and one with my wife. I can't wait.

Many years ago my brothers and I started investigating this and we realy like Klim. We rode out in -17f without the wind, and it was windy, no problems. The warrenty has been great and don't be afraid to use it. They have a repair service if you rip the clothing and it is not a warrenty claim, $25.00 and they fix the Gore-Tex Correctly.

Also Bill and Others swear by the Choko. And he rides more than all of us......

Later

Gutz

Edited by MrGutz

thanks for the info everyone i really appreciate it.

now that i'm here in quebec maybe i can finally get to meet some you this season in person.

looking forward to the season for sure

Choko hands down!! For a jacket get the Extreme Touring and the Extreme Cordura pants. Travelled last year in -42 all day and wasn't cold. I have been wearing Choko for over 10 years now, extremely good clothing. The also have excellent base layer clothing.

I have ridden with sled brand gear, Reima and Klim. Reima is great stuff, but I found it to be extremely heavy and bulky when compared to Klim. The Klim stuff is extremely warm, incredibly light and comfortable and waterproof. It sounds like to me like many here like Choko as well. I cannot coment on them as I have never worn their gear. Personally, I believe cost should NOT even be a factor in your decision. When you figure what we spend on a sled, truck, trailer and riding this is a minimal expense in the grand scheme of things and the difference between being warm and dry or cold and wet, can mean the difference between enjoying your trip or having miserable time, and even worse possibly serious injury or death in extreme circumstances.

I have not used all of the Klim layering system, I actually have gotten some stuff from EMS around the corner from home. They have long underwear that ranges from extremely thin to fleece like material so you can wear as dictated by the weather.

Good luck.

I have ridden with sled brand gear, Reima and Klim. Reima is great stuff, but I found it to be extremely heavy and bulky when compared to Klim. The Klim stuff is extremely warm, incredibly light and comfortable and waterproof. It sounds like to me like many here like Choko as well. I cannot coment on them as I have never worn their gear. Personally, I believe cost should NOT even be a factor in your decision. When you figure what we spend on a sled, truck, trailer and riding this is a minimal expense in the grand scheme of things and the difference between being warm and dry or cold and wet, can mean the difference between enjoying your trip or having miserable time, and even worse possibly serious injury or death in extreme circumstances.

I have not used all of the Klim layering system, I actually have gotten some stuff from EMS around the corner from home. They have long underwear that ranges from extremely thin to fleece like material so you can wear as dictated by the weather.

Good luck

2 yrs with Klim from Santa. :D Stuff is REALLY light, comfortable, very warm and waterproof.

thanks phil

will check out reima for sure

I would watch out for the Reima stuff now.........seems since Scott bought them, the quality has dropped off considerably...........I have years old Reima Goretex bibs that are still fairly waterproof and warm but will replace them this year with Klim. (Burnt a hole through them standing around a fire) Choko is very nice durable gear and seems to be the choice among local Quebeccers :drinks: I see on cold days..........

I would watch out for the Reima stuff now.........seems since Scott bought them, the quality has dropped off considerably...........I have years old Reima Goretex bibs that are still fairly waterproof and warm but will replace them this year with Klim. (Burnt a hole through them standing around a fire) Choko is very nice durable gear and seems to be the choice among local Quebeccers :drinks: I see on cold days..........

I've had a set of premier reima gore-tex bibs and jacket for years...top notch. Also got a pair of choko bibs...very impressive and comfortable for cold riding...hard to beat the quality for the price.