X3 Times Three. Side by side by side

Je me souviens

I was finally able to get out in the bush after postponing due to the fires. Left Saturday morning from Marineau’s and headed to Windigo via Repos and Kanawata.  First time at Windigo for me, definitely will return.  I said hi to Martine & Daniel from the QR gang.  We washed off the dust in the reservoir out front, a nice treat on a warm sunny afternoon.  Sunday morning back to the truck via Relais 22 and La Tuque.  The game warden checked for ZEC registrations in the Chapeau de Paille.  He was not wearing a straw hat…😂 use google translate if you don’t get the joke.

Here are the stats and pictures. 
Day 1: 225 miles, avg moving speed 34MPH. Total time 10 hours. 
Day 2: 252 miles, avg 34MPH. Total time 9 hours.

34A161AC-2F77-46EA-821B-1BE6D833C68B.jpeg

24D5C0A1-FCCB-4566-B7D1-D9DF576E70E2.jpeg

CCB97251-9C0C-458B-A1BE-93AB6A5CB8C4.jpeg

150BF83E-8DEF-4715-AD9E-70AACCE6C76D.jpeg

Just AWESOME!!!!!!

man I would love to do that 

so……you can make the same time and mileage in a day as when snowmobiling. 4 wheeler would probably be a little harder to achieve that one. Did you see much traffic and where was the Zec police guy at ???  Glad you had a good trip. Also …..were you dirty as hell at the end of the day ..lol

2 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

Nice ride

Did you see or notice any of the effects from the fires in your route?

We came across one small patch of the forest that had been burned.  It was very depressing to look at.  I can’t imagine what it looks like further west where the fires were larger.  

1 hour ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Just AWESOME!!!!!!

man I would love to do that 

so……you can make the same time and mileage in a day as when snowmobiling. 4 wheeler would probably be a little harder to achieve that one. Did you see much traffic and where was the Zec police guy at ???  Glad you had a good trip. Also …..were you dirty as hell at the end of the day ..lol

My moving average was an all time high, I would say 25mph moving average is the norm. The numbers are a little misleading because that area uses a lot of high quality logging road.  You can definitely cover way more ground on a sled.  We were surprised by how little traffic we met, a fraction of what the sled traffic is.  The game warden was sitting at the intersection of 360 & M20.  Yes the dust is serious.  I am fortunate because I am the trip coordinator and know what way we are headed so I get to lead.  The dust levels depend on moisture and soil type. (stone vs sand, morning vs afternoon) The trick is to let one personal go, wait a minute or two, then follow.  If you want to see tail lights at all times, then you will be filthy by days end.  No doubt about it.  

9135E511-893E-44AC-98CE-A7A912A97F9E.jpeg

AFA3D204-652C-436A-A22B-70CF2488068B.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Je me souviens said:

Yes the dust is serious

Congrats!  Thanks BUNCHES for sharing!

Do we see that Blue is a bit cleaner than the others?

We trailered 4 quads up & rode around St Donat a few years ago.  Dusty AF!  The rainy day visibility was WAY better than dry, but, y'know...

For sure the "Have your own ride" wisdom applies!

42 minutes ago, Je me souviens said:

The trick is to let one personal go, wait a minute or two, then follow.

Thanks again!

That looks amazing, great pictures, thanks for sharing.  Those seem like big mile days but it certianly would depend on the quality of road/trail you were riding.  I am hoping to ride that side of the river next year.  I bet Windigo is an awesome spot in the summer.