Rain coming

iceman

Here comes the reset.

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT 

4:37 AM EST Saturday 16 December 2023

A weather system bringing mild air and rain will move up the American Eastern Seaboard early next week. Rainfall amounts of 30 to 50 millimetres are expected from Sunday night to Monday evening. Mild temperatures will cause the snow cover to melt, which could further contribute to the runoff and raise the water level of some rivers. Fog patches may accompany the rain.

It's been snow on warm ground. Trails always last longer if you can have some warm, rain, soak in and refreeze.  That how I figure.  Now if it all melts everywhere back to ground zero, that would be a bummer.  I already put in close to 1000 miles this year up there and it was deep snow all the way down to unfrozen dirt, trails will last longer with a base.

Edited by markusvt

24 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Amazing how people panic early season. Not even winter yet. Riding  on early season snow with no base. Come March and a huge base everyone quits! LOL! Rarely ride before mid January and still click off 3000 miles! 

Well put.

49 minutes ago, iceman said:

No panic. Just simply stating that a large rain event is coming and will affect current snow on the ground. 

So many years exactly like this. Not the first rodeo. 

That wasn't directed towards you, just sledders in general. I know you don't ride till conditions are optimal!

Letape Pre Rain

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_12/letape-pre.jpg.aa89aa4e258ac400097f641e370fae42.jpg

Post Rain

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_12/latape-post.jpg.bbfaa7234575aa62df7da53449397776.jpg

Crap......

GutZ

letape-pre.jpg

latape-post.jpg

Starting over there arent they.  Bummer. 

I saw yesterday it was 17 degrees celcius (62 fahrenheit) with 40mm (over an inch) of rain forecast for cap chat in the gaspe.  Pretty similar in Forestville across the river.  Unreal for this area for December.  That's a July day in these towns.  Getting cold now.  Hopefully, that's the end of it.  Time for winter.  Some snow did follow the storm in some areas.  Not a lot, but a start.

Talking to Groomer, he said things are bad in his area of the Gaspesie......"kaputt".    That doesn't sound good.

However all things considered, I have snowmobiled in the Gaspesie every year except for one (Covid) in the past 25 years and had awesome conditions.  Winter will come.