Not IMPRESSED!!!

Mrs.Ice

Good evening ladies & gentlemen!

That's it, today was the first ride of the season. A big 315 km! For me, as my first ride of the year, it's a lot. 

With a late departure from home, we arrived at Les Escoumins Tuesday evening around 5:15. 

We had read on some posts that it was necessary to take the trailer up to Hydro Qc to start riding, but when we got to the hotel we saw some sleds coming from the trail in the back, so after a little chat, lover unloaded the sleds and we left from the hotel Escoumins this morning. Departure was at 7:40. 

The first km all to hydro Quebec are terrible, very little snow, bumpy and rocky. After that, it's much better. 

We took trail 3 until we passed Bouleaux blancs, then continued straight along the river on the orange trail. It was nice and all groomed but icy in some turns. 

Then, we arrived at the green trail 330, we turned right. Unfortunately the groomer had turned left. Next was left on trail Pelchat. It wasn't terrible until we reached the Domaine Or Piste. Then, lots of bumps, bumps, bumps and more bumps!!! A roller coaster! 😳

It was my first time to La Chapelle, I'd heard lots about Mont-Valin this, Mont -Valin that, but I was disappointed with all these bumps. We had them for a good 20km before the relais. 
I know, I know, there are lots of people here, understandable it's the only place people can ride on. I would not like to see it with more snow, I can only imagine the bumps being much bigger.  Not to mention the fact that the off trail riders are  very limited if any. So the total number of riders here is still not at its highest. 

We had a quick break, ate a snack and left within an hour. 

To go back, we rode on an orange local trail to the 93. Again bumps, bumps and more bumps for a good 30 km this time. 😒

We were back at the hotel at 3:50 pm. 

Now I'm sore but happy to have seen it. Check! Been there, done that!

Snohorse's favorite trail didn't disappoint though! 👌🏼

Might go back to La Chapelle one day as a waitress, they must make a killing with all these people! There definitely making more than me teaching high school kids! 😜

Edited by Mrs.Ice

Naughty Naughty, just feel’s naughty riding with no saddlebags.
Nice to burn some gas for sure. The honeyhole did not disappoint up along the river here. 93 down gets a thumbs up and 330 as well. 
literally all dressed up with no place to go. 

8 hours ago, iceman said:

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2024_01/IMG_1513.thumb.jpeg.0fd54e8b197dddbcdcfd74bf6cbe79f6.jpeg

Glad you were able to get out. I had to use my translation app to decipher the toilet cleaning guidance.....😀  Hopefully the weather and trail conditions change in the coming weeks.

We had beautiful conditions the first week of December, but of course, they’ve had three massive rainstorms since then. With being the only place to ride, I think it’s impossible for them to keep up with the thousands of snowmobilers.

The good thing is you got out to ride with your hubby, enjoy the scenery, and visit some places you’ve never been.

Unfortunately  snowmobiling is not always super smooth trails, enjoy the rest of your trip and definitely send more pictures!

I’m grateful I got to ride so far and I also enjoyed getting a different experience with little snow and ice in some places. 
anything is better than nothing! 
it wasn’t my worst trail! 😜 

There isn’t much open here , so today should be to empty a tank of gas and back. That will be it for this time! 🤷🏻‍♀️

Lazy snowy day today about 3” all day. Maybe 4” higher up. 
Slept late then had breakfast across the street. 
trail leaving hotel better with new snow but by later end of day showing back to snirt but passable still. Word is out you can get to gas so alot more use. 

we decided it was a one tank day today. Took a look at 3 east but not enouugh action that way to make it sensible. 

Up 3 west to Hydro Quebec station. Then golden from there. Sweet run up to 330 left on 330 down to orange local left and rejoin TQ3 (new trail between 330 and TQ3) nice addition. Then TQ3 is different from last year for a bit then rejoins old trail and back to Relais Bouleaux Blanc. Nice long late lunch, big crowd but not full. 
back at hotel 3:30 less than 150km. 

we came we scratched the itch. We will regroup and wait for the neige to fall. 

until next time.

Shoutout to Playhard for the power to pull the trailer. Merci brother. 

Edited by iceman

Will be interesting to see what will happen with the Escoumins bypass trail. Where you cross the river near the relais. 

apparently it was frozen solid then the rain events broke up all the ice.

we went to take a look, the ice is all stacked up on shore on west side mountain of ice. Maybe enough snow will cover it and if river freezes might be doable in 2 weeks. 

IMG_1564.jpeg

IMG_1566.jpeg

IMG_1562.jpeg

IMG_1560.jpeg

IMG_1559.jpeg

IMG_1558.jpeg

IMG_1556.jpeg

IMG_1555.jpeg

IMG_1557.jpeg