Parent to St Raymond

zrtkat

starting to plan our annual trip was wondering if it is possible to do Parent to St Raymond in a days trip ??????? never rode that area before and needed some advice . From there we will be heading to Roberval.

thanks

Greg

9 minutes ago, Signfan said:

I'd say yes, but a big day.  You're over 500 km regardless of which way you go.

Signfan thanks for the info looked like a big day for sure just trying to mix it up from previous trips do things a little different last year we didnt get to go because of trailer problems .So this year got new axles on trailer ,New Sled,all we need is snow by mid February and we will be good to go.

Zrtkat

6 minutes ago, GSX800 said:

315 miles if you followed the exact route the iMotoneige lays out. 

Have you ever taken that trail ???? Just trying to get some knowledge of that trail if you can run at a good pace or not.

1 hour ago, zrtkat said:

Have you ever taken that trail ???? Just trying to get some knowledge of that trail if you can run at a good pace or not.

Not the fastest ride. But it can be done. Get up and get rolling. 

Parent to Wemo usually a fast section

wemo to relais 22 more twisty and opens up closer to relais 22 after passing windigo

relais 22 to La Tuque same thing . Some fast sections some twists 

la tuque to st raymond  73 fast run relatively speeking to Riviere Pierre. 

Riviere Pierre a St Raymond Railbed.

all depends on traffic and trail conditions.

It can be done.  I would take 83 all the way to 73 then head south.  They have a couple radar traps around LaTuque.  One just past the clubhouse once you cross the main highway in town, where the stoplight has a sled.  Use the pedestrian crosswalk button, lol.  
They also like to watch the railbed just south of town.  
The rest of that route is superhighway. The pain in ass is the last part into sweet baby St Ray because the local trail is closed.  They call it “Le Renversi”.  

1 minute ago, Je me souviens said:

They have a couple radar traps around LaTuque.  One just past the clubhouse once you cross the main highway in town, where the stoplight has a sled.  

Yes they do.

1 hour ago, quebec bob said:

Is the bridge in Wemo open...you will be in a world of shit if you cannot cross the river...you will be out of gas

They said it should be open next week from Parent to Wemo. 
zrtcat is planning for after that i am oretty sure

4 hours ago, iceman said:

They said it should be open next week from Parent to Wemo. 
zrtcat is planning for after that i am oretty sure

Iceman

we are not planning our trip until mid-February things should be rolling by then🤗

Can't find a place in Parent for Tuesday night she said it is full. So we don't have many options.

My next question is can we make Val-Dor  to windigo I know it's 611 km they have rooms available.

Any other options for us . The place she said they where full was ombre-du vent

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Greg

Why not head south to fer a cheval or pouvoire des 100 lacs and miss Parent altogether?  If you stay at pouvoire des 100 lacs then youre only 450 km to St Raymond the next day.  It's a more southern route, but still great trails.  Arguably better.

16 minutes ago, Signfan said:

Why not head south to fer a cheval or pouvoire des 100 lacs and miss Parent altogether?  If you stay at pouvoire des 100 lacs then youre only 450 km to St Raymond the next day.  It's a more southern route, but still great trails.  Arguably better.

7 minutes ago, Signfan said:

If your heart is set on seeing parent and TQ83 I'd look at Barrage Gouin.  Windigo is a really big day from Val D'or.  And you're in a very remote area.  There's no wiggle room in your plans if something goes amiss.

Both great options. Here.

here is my plan so far

#1 Temiscaming to val-dor

# Val-dor - ?????

##3    end up in St Raymond

#4 St Raymond to Roberval  

#5 Roberval to Roberval to Chicoughbauma

#6Chicoughbauma to Val-Dor

#7 Val-Dor to temiscaming

This forums and its members have given us great advice we really appreciate the help .

Greg

Edited by zrtkat
schedule

18 minutes ago, iceman said:

Author

Posted 29 minutes ago (edited)

here is my plan so far

#1 Temiscaming to val-dor

# Val-dor - ?????

##3    end up in St Raymond

#4 St Raymond to Roberval  

#5 Roberval to Roberval to Chicoughbauma

#6Chicoughbauma to Val-Dor

#7 Val-Dor to temiscaming

2 hours ago, zrtkat said:

Can't find a place in Parent for Tuesday night she said it is full. So we don't have many options.

My next question is can we make Val-Dor  to windigo I know it's 611 km they have rooms available.

Any other options for us . The place she said they where full was ombre-du vent

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Greg

That's 380 miles.... If the trail is not groomed or there is fresh snow it will be a long day with no stopping to enjoy any hospitality.

It is doable but I wouldn't plan it on purpose.

2 hours ago, Signfan said:

Best Option right there😉