83 West of Parent

I can’t believe they actually opened this section !  Trail is a mess, no snow on the road and logging trucks flying down the narrow road. Very dangerous 

Wes are you talking about from the 13 south junction outside of town towards Clova ?

has been shit in recent years until you get 10-15 miles out. They should build a new trail if they are going to continously plow that road. Wait till someone gets creamed by a logging truck and see what happens with Intact Insurance. Will make the Rouyn-Noranda incident seem like nothing. 

Hope your having a BLAST regardless !!!!!!

13s out of Parent is perfectly fine, groomed the whole way. He is talking about 83W towards Clova. There are 30 miles plowed and sanded . Loaded logging trucks that want to kill you. Trail should definitely not have been opened.

Edited by markusvt

59 minutes ago, markusvt said:

13s out of Clova is perfectly fine, groomed the whole way. He is talking about 83 W. out of Parant towards Clover. There are 30 miles plowed and sanded one way. Loaded logging trucks that want to kill you. Trail should definitely not have been opened.

Yes for sure, was in Clova Monday for lunch via Lepine rd. and spoke with a group from VT. that were less than impressed with the 83 East of Clova. By any chance you?

20 minutes ago, doonali said:

Yes for sure, was in Clova Monday for lunch via Lepine rd. and spoke with a group from VT. that were less than impressed with the 83 East of Clova. By any chance you?

How was Lepine Road.  Happen to be groomed at all?  Any logging?

Guys are riding Casy to Barrage Gouin, no problem.  Also riding Wemo to Barrage Gouin.  Just that part of the 83 not groomed.  Parant is loaning their groomer over there now to help.

1 hour ago, NSHM said:

The map shows closed from Wemotaci west to parent, and from the 345 junction south to Casey.

43 minutes ago, markusvt said:

Guys are riding Casy to Barrage Gouin, no problem.  Also riding Wemo to Barrage Gouin.  Just that part of the 83 not groomed.  Parant is loaning their groomer over there now to help.

So are they taking the forestier road or bushwhacking? Map doesn't show any trail at all above 83.

2 hours ago, NSHM said:

So are they taking the forestier road or bushwhacking? Map doesn't show any trail at all above 83.

Barrage Gouin has a nicely groomed trail maintained by them from TQ83 .. it just dosen't show on the map 

Edited by dooright

1 hour ago, ChrisWright said:

How was Lepine Road.  Happen to be groomed at all?  Any logging?

No grooming, pretty much single track from Le Pensive , logging and plowed the last 12 miles into Clova. The cut across from Lepine to Cheval was not broke.

Edited by doonali

3 hours ago, markusvt said:

13s out of Clova is perfectly fine, groomed the whole way. He is talking about 83 W. out of Parent towards Clova. There are 30 miles plowed and sanded . Loaded logging trucks that want to kill you. Trail should definitely not have been opened.

So if I take 13 north to 83 and hang a left to go west to Clova that is all normal, correct? Thank you👍

4 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Wes are you talking about from the 13 south junction outside of town towards Clova ?

has been shit in recent years until you get 10-15 miles out. They should build a new trail if they are going to continously plow that road. Wait till someone gets creamed by a logging truck and see what happens with Intact Insurance. Will make the Rouyn-Noranda incident seem like nothing. 

Hope your having a BLAST regardless !!!!!!

Wrong Pipe guy Chris!  but I appreciate it and hopefully see you this winter

15 minutes ago, Pipeman said:

So if I take 13 north to 83 and hang a left to go west to Clova that is all normal, correct? Thank you👍

I don't have boots on the ground there but the map says  yes

4 hours ago, Pipeman said:

Legally open and groomed except the 30 miles that’s plowed and sanded if you like that type of thing.

image.png

Edited by markusvt

If memory serves me right, they had sections next to the road groomed along this section last year, basically bouncing on and off the road to get through this stretch.  Does anyone else recall this?  If so, wonder if they just haven't opened that yet.

11 minutes ago, ChrisWright said:

If memory serves me right, they had sections next to the road groomed along this section last year, basically bouncing on and off the road to get through this stretch.  Does anyone else recall this?  If so, wonder if they just haven't opened that yet.

You are correct about that section last year .. but this is a different section of 83 that is now affected that is further west of the 13 -83 Junction 

Lots can change in two weeks.

With TQ63 gone to access Abitibi “the west” 

TQ83 I would think will get better. The access there to connect is important to the economy.

We need more snow still in many regions. 

Edited by iceman

Shit i missed the 30 miles part. 

Question is? Are they trucking there all winter or moving?

if it all winter then it’s a major screwup.

Edited by iceman

Direct from Alliance du Nord

Thank you for your interest in our trail. Trucks will be on the trail all season long, covering 60 km.

I must confess that we are currently looking at changing the track completely in collaboration with the forestry company. You will have all the information this weekend on the Facebook club alliance du nord 2.0 

26 minutes ago, iceman said:

Direct from Alliance du Nord

Thank you for your interest in our trail. Trucks will be on the trail all season long, covering 60 km.

I must confess that we are currently looking at changing the track completely in collaboration with the forestry company. You will have all the information this weekend on the Facebook club alliance du nord 2.0 

It’s unfortunate moving the track wasn’t considered before 1/25ish so the surfers could be on the move.