Abitibi Trip

Padragon800

Day 6 final day 230 miles. Headed out over to LaSarre this morning the first 35-40 miles was pure white carpet the type of thing snowmobilers dream about with the fresh snow from last night the sun coming out, and the snow covered trees made for an unforgettable ride. Did a couple of the loop trials north of LaSarre all of which are totally awesome then headed over to La Reine which is right on the Quebec/ Ontario border you get there by running about 10 miles of rail bed, which again was pure white carpet. At the end of the rail bad we ventured into Ontario for a bit via the same rail bed which is unmaintained into Ontario side but still a fun Boondocking experience. Then made our way back to Amos via TQ 93. Another epic day to finish out an epic riding week. Anyone who wasn’t up here missed out on some amazing conditions. Hard to believe the weather for the next 48 hours which looks downright horrible Hopefully this area makes it though. I hope everyone enjoyed following along, and I just made a few people jealous along the way! 

01089A39-A404-4D07-A547-F76F55D2DC2B.jpeg

5FBD232C-0EAA-4CB9-85A3-B278752B2369.jpeg

B6CEA2B8-9D87-4A42-B300-9A746125BA50.jpeg

C46948BC-BBB3-43CA-A64B-86E3E94CA787.jpeg

4 hours ago, Padragon800 said:

Day 6 final day 230 miles. Headed out over to LaSarre this morning the first 35-40 miles was pure white carpet the type of thing snowmobilers dream about with the fresh snow from last night the sun coming out, and the snow covered trees made for an unforgettable ride. Did a couple of the loop trials north of LaSarre all of which are totally awesome then headed over to La Reine which is right on the Quebec/ Ontario border you get there by running about 10 miles of rail bed, which again was pure white carpet. At the end of the rail bad we ventured into Ontario for a bit via the same rail bed which is unmaintained into Ontario side but still a fun Boondocking experience. Then made our way back to Amos via TQ 93. Another epic day to finish out an epic riding week. Anyone who wasn’t up here missed out on some amazing conditions. Hard to believe the weather for the next 48 hours which looks downright horrible Hopefully this area makes it though. I hope everyone enjoyed following along, and I just made a few people jealous along the way! 

01089A39-A404-4D07-A547-F76F55D2DC2B.jpeg

5FBD232C-0EAA-4CB9-85A3-B278752B2369.jpeg

B6CEA2B8-9D87-4A42-B300-9A746125BA50.jpeg

C46948BC-BBB3-43CA-A64B-86E3E94CA787.jpeg

Sadly the Polar Bear Riders out of Cochrane, Ontario stopped grooming over to La Reine because it was 100 mi. one way! Was a great loop/continuation before that! I think Cochrane gets 8"-10" Wed. nite!

Back home on the black trail today no issues. Left Amos at 3am in a mini blizzard when I got to Syracuse it was 70  , what a winter. Driving though tug hill area couldn’t help but notice there was no snow at all at end of February that has to be a rare rare feat they get the most snow anywhere on the east coast thanks to lake effect. Total miles for the trip was 1500 all of which was great I love the area and will definitely be back!