2013 Trail Conditions

Saguenay Bill

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sled with the moose is a 2014 prototype ... my guess is its not a 1200 just 1200 stickers on it .

Good way to fly under the radar put some crazy stickers on it :rofl: :rofl:

Hi Bill new to the site but I have meet you a couple of times at the holiday inn and in NH at sled show,a couple of my friends and I want to go up your way on thur starting from Shawinagan,is there good going from there?

I have not been able to answer you the passed several days. I can't answer from Shawinigan up. I have heard that from L'Etape to Saguenay is OK using 23 368 383. Alam area is not good. Hope this helps.

Bill

Sandi and I arrived at the Delta Sunday night, Feb 17th. We met Bill, 182 Ray and Bruce, SnomoGary and Pat.

Monday we rode 383 west thru Alma, across the auto bridge and then north on the local trails to ScoobyRaid for lunch. After lunch we rode 367 west to L'Ascension for gas then did a u-turn and took 328 east to 134 south back to the two dams to the Delta.

The morning ride to Alma was icey and thin the closer we got to Alma. Once we crossed to the north shore the conditions improved significantly. North of the river has more snow and well groomed.

Tuesday Bill did a little maintenance on the Ace. We rode 93 thru St Honore to 328 to St Rose du Nord. Then we did a u-turn and rode the local trails up to KM 31 for lunch. After lunch we took the Bras Louis to the Dos de Cheval lookout. The lookouts are always breathtaking. We then took 93 and 134 back to the Delta.

328 was rough compared to what we have been riding this year. Myabe the club will improve it some year. The local trails were good and 93 and Bras Louis were fresh groomed. Yea!

Jack & Sandi

Hi Jack and Sandi!!

Sounds like you are having a great time!! It's great to read posts where I know the people and even some of the trails (finally).

I hope Bills end of town gets some of the storm brewing and some fresh snow!

Happy Trails!

Linda

Today it started snowing at 5AM and lasted til about 12Noon. Jack, Sandi, favorcat, 182Ray and I rode 130 miles today. Started for Milow but it was snowing real hard and there was about a foot on the ground. Decided to to to Scooby Raid for lunch.

post-2-0-21499700-1361402716_thumb.jpg

Those of ypou who follow dirt modified racing might remember "Barefoot" Bob McCreadie. Well we have "Barefoot" Jack Kerns here in the Saguenay.

post-2-0-21568200-1361450860_thumb.jpg

I tell ya put some glasses on him and trim that hair and he looks like "Barefoot" Bob McCreadie

The fantastic lunch knocked his socks off. :rofl:

No, the hole in his boots did that. Lunch was very good and could have if the boots didn't have the holes in them.

How did l'etape, Alma, and Jonquiere make out with the storm?

Lots of Fresh Snow??!

Jonquiere got about 8" total, LaBaie got 24". It was snowing hard when MichiganRev came theu L Etape yesterday noon time. Only 1 lane open on 175. Not sure about Alma.

Hi dooboy

I love the ACE so much that I haven't ridden the 1200 1 mile. It is for sale. I have gotten any where from 19 to 26. 19 pushing 12 to 18" of snow and 26 on icy hard packed snow. Normally about 23 to 24 MPG US..

Bill

Bill is the ACE that much better than the 1200 or do you like it that much more due to the fuel milage? Polaris will most likely let me down again in March and not give me a new 4 stroke so I will be off to spring order some Ski Doo's. Looking at the GSX SE 1200 but that fuel milage of the ACE is hard to turn your back to and the price is right.

Bill is the ACE that much better than the 1200 or do you like it that much more due to the fuel milage? Polaris will most likely let me down again in March and not give me a new 4 stroke so I will be off to spring order some Ski Doo's. Looking at the GSX SE 1200 but that fuel milage of the ACE is hard to turn your back to and the price is right.

I ACE is the sled for me and the way I ride. It is so quite that when you are going along at 60 all you hear is the wind. It is lighter than the 1200 which is good for me. I have ridden my 1200 85 miles so far and that was the day that Juliedele and I went out. She rode the ACE. My 1200 is for sale. I have gotten as high as 26 MPG and as low as 19MPG. The 19 was when I was going thru 12 to 18" of snow. Yes, I would buy another one.

Today MichiganRev, favorcat. 182Ray and I did "The Tour du Lac St Jean". 265 miles. The area from St Andre to St Felicien has a lot of snow. We didn't go into Roberval so I don't know about the snow condition in town but west of Roberval there is lots of snow. Trails were good to very good.

Well now you've got the slightly larger 900 ACE with it's supposed 23 MPG in the GSX for 2014.

The 1200 is still there but the 900 should be perfect motor.