West is Best!!

Florida Snowman

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 2: Barrage Gouin to Hotel Forestel in Val d'Or. 334 miles and in by 5:30pm. All trails were dreamy except the 83 from Clova to Balbuzzard. What is up with that section of trail??? Did the groomer retire 10 years ago and never get replaced? I haven't had good conditions in that section in a long long long time!! There is beaucoup de neige out here! Get a new groomer please.

Left Barrage Gouin @ 7:45am and took the western spur back down to the 83 west. Topped off the gas in Parent. Made a deposit on a new condo for Iceman since he wants to move there. Stopped again in Clova to get gas and warmed up by the wood burning stove. Bounced on rough trail to Balbuzzard where I went in to meet the new owners. See the pics above posted by CrazySnow for me. That sign says it all. Went to the bar girl and asked for 2 sodas. She gave them to me and I paid the tab. She then told me I must take off my boots or leave! WOW. I left. I have officially renamed the place to BALBUZZOFF!!!! Don't give these clowns any business. I thought the new owners would welcome back us snowmobilers after the last owner did such a great job of turning us all away. Guess not. God forbid we get the slate tile floor wet!!!!!!!!!!! I have many fond memories from staying there.

Stopped at Lac Faillon for the gas. What a cutie behind the bar!! 83 from Faillon to the 386 shortcut to Val d'Or was rippin fast as was the 386 all the way to Louvicort. Major renovations still ongoing at Hotel Forestel. Great dinner as usual. Love the Forestel.

Tomorrow 20cm NEIGE!!!! Now or never people. Get up here and ride! Work will be there when you get back. But your mind, body and spirit will be restored!

Best,

Tom

Edited by Florida Snowman

I'm packing my stuff.

Parent here I come.

Thank You Snowman.

I will open a Real Auberge there.

Iceman style.

Sounds like another great day.

I agree on the F-Balbazard and WTF on the section of 83 that is no man's land it always sucks. Nonsense.

"the Shortcut" is the 386 to Louvincourt from near Lac Faillon. Its just faster if going to Val d'or from Lac Faillon (instead of 83 to Seneterre then to Louvincourt then to Val d'or.)

"the Shortcut" is the 386 to Louvincourt from near Lac Faillon. Its just faster if going to Val d'or from Lac Faillon (instead of 83 to Seneterre then to Louvincourt then to Val d'or.)

On my GPS map it is an orange local. Is it numbered 386?

Shortcut_zps437da476.jpg

Thought it was labeled as 386 but could be mistaken. Either way that is it. It surely ends up at 386 if its not labeled it.

I do not really follow the numbers I just go left, right or straight. I don't need no numbers.

Edited by iceman

This is from the UP of Michigan...it travels from here right through Ontario Sault, Sudbury, North Bay and hits the west end of Quebec!! Be ready!

.WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EST TONIGHT... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GAYLORD HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORMWARNING FOR SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHTEST TONIGHT. HAZARDOUS WEATHER... * SNOW...HEAVY AT TIMES. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 7 INCHES...LOCALLY HIGHER. SIGNIFICANT BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW REDUCING VISIBILITY TO NEAR ZERO AT TIMES. IMPACTS... * SNOW...ALONG WITH BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW...RESULTING IN SNOW COVERED AND CONTINUED SLICK ROADS AND PERIODS OF VERY POOR VISIBILITY. EXPECT VERY HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS. * EAST TO WEST ROADS EVEN MORE HAZARDOUS TO HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES DUE TO THE STRONG AND GUSTY WINDS. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... * A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE EXPECTED. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO EXPECTED. THIS WILL RESULT IN VERY DIFFICULT TRAVEL CONDITIONS. * WE WELCOME YOUR SNOWFALL OR ICE REPORTS ANYTIME AT 1-800-647-8676 OR ONLINE VIA FACEBOOK AND TWITTER.

Is that the trail that goes by Matchi-Manitou Iceman?

Thought it was labeled as 386 but could be mistaken. Either way that is it. It surely ends up at 386 if its not labeled it.

I do not really follow the numbers I just go left, right or straight. I don't need no numbers.

Thank you sir. Numbers we dont need no stinkin Numbers. :rofl: :rofl:

Do not Know Matchi-Manitou? What is it?

I saw nothing on that trail all the way to Lac Faillon.

Saw one hangar or maybe old mine site near a logging road.

Matchi-Manitou is the name of the lake and also an outfitter..http://www.pourvoiriedulacmatchi-manitou.com/en/index.php

a few years ago the trail was running thru the place.I did not ride the trail last week but the sign is still there past Louvicourt. I think they are no longer open during winter time.

Day 3. "LIVING THE DREAM"

Woke up to 2 inches of white gold & it snowed all day! Backtracked to Louvicort & topped off the fuel. Took the 83 east up to Senneterre. I needed desperately to get my long awaited fix of TQ93 from Senneterre to La Sarre. Best high I've ever had!!! That run is high up on my top ten QC trail list and today it was perfect! We had about 4-5 inches of fresh snow on top of an overnight groomer pass. SWEET!!! We got the gas in Amos & ripped west to La Sarre. Got stopped by the police after La Sarre for a document check. We passed! Then ripped up the rail bed 396 breaking trail up to La Reine & crossed the bridge into Ontario. I went to meet Lindasledgirl to deliver her birthday present but she stood me up and never showed! Probably drank too much Caribou yesterday for her birthday. Lol. Ran back 396 to La Sarre & picked up the 93 south. Stopped for lunch in Sainte-Helene. Continued on 93 south, got gas in Duparquet and ripped down to Hotel Alpin in Rouyn-Noranda. What a day! This is what dreams are made of. As Trailblazer says "There is nothing as sweet as the sound of a Yamaha purring at 10k rpm". I will be hearing that sound tonight in my sleep!

Left at 8:00am & checked into Hotel Alpin at 5:00pm. 304 miles of smiles!!

Get up here people!!!

Snowman

It is labeled 386 Iceman though sparingly and GT you are correct it shows up on maps as an orange local