Conditions in RDL ?

snowdogs

I'm at Econolodge right now, haven't ridden in Montgagmy yet, hopefully get out today and see if any good. Hope to switch today or tomorrow to O'Leisiere (spelling) Hotel in Montmagny, will only stay a couple days and go home unless riding is good. If good will stay rest of week til Friday or so.

mike

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got reservations starting tonight (Saturday) for two nights at L'Oisiere Hotel, will stay longer if riding is good.

On another note, looks like the Montmagny Cat dealer now has Polaris sleds; big sign and looks like new Polaris sleds in showroom, haven't been inside.

SkiDoo dealer has Yamaha sign out front now, maybe has Yamaha sleds also?

mike

Offer goes for you too Steve!

Sorry for the late reply, Haven't been able to get on Quebecrider for a couple days, don't know why. I'm at L'Oiseirere til at least Thursday, maybe??? longer.

Snowing like crazy right now.

mike

Mike - finally headed up today to Jackman. Gonna ride around there today and head up to Chaudiere region tomorrow. Not sure if I will stay up there or head back to Maine. How long are you up there??

GW

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone been over RDL way this week? Wondering if any new snowfall this week. Trails there a week and a half ago needed some new snow over the hard as a rock trails.

I'm in Montmagny right now, riding is very good but typical of this area, constant winds and lots of fields make for lots of drifts. Need to change hotels Sunday and wondering whether to stay in Montmagny or move to RDL. RDL needed several inches of snow to make it good again.

Any reports welcome. Thanks.

Mike

I rode from Montmagny to RDL for lunch and back on Rt 5 on Wednesday. Trails awesome all the way. 260 miles. Plenty of snow. Rt 5 was the nicest I've seen it in a while.

Clubhouse there was jamming. 25-30 sleds in the parking lot. It must be crazy on weekends!

GW

Looks like I will be headed to Maine with my brother next week. We are going to take some trips on the Elites. If that changes, you will probably see me up there!

At any rate, enjoy the excellent riding!

GW

• 3 weeks later...

Conditions in RDL area are nothing less than fantastic. Just wanted to pass this along.

I took this pic then went inside to apply for a job. They asked if I could spell

and how many 2015 sleds did I want to test next year.

Kind of funny, SnowGoer has fleets of sleds, and they brought all SkiDoo's, most were ACE 900's.

post-70-0-47894000-1393539636_thumb.jpg

post-70-0-85728700-1393539994_thumb.jpg

Mike planning on leaving from New Hampshire headed towards the gaspie no plans where I'm staying just going to wing it hope it all works out maybe we can hook up one time .... I'll be posting as I go. Hope to see the famous Groomer. Lol.

• 10 months later...

Just got today's report from friends riding chandler re and bas St laurent. They left st pamphile this morning running 55 35 526 5 to rdl down 85 to cabano. Reported all groomed and excellent going best regards RR

Meant to say chaudierre and bas St laurent all good going other than boney near st george.