snowdogs

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jack, riding was fantastic!

8 days of riding, forgot to check the trip for the week mileage but believe around 2,100 miles.

GW, Headed home tomorrow morning (Saturday). Have a long weekend (6 days) in about two weeks. If weather is a GO and can get a motel room for the QR gathering in Amqui, will probably leave Beauceville on Thursday AM and return to truck on Monday night. You in???

Sorry we will miss each other next week. Would have liked to ride with you.

mike

ACE 900 made it to 10,000 miles today!

Same belt, same bearings, never a clutch rebuild. Gas and GO1

Got up this morning and started off, had the trip meter on all week. Peeked at overall mileage and saw I needed 290 more miles to make the milestone.

Friggin cold and windy, but pushed on. Went over by 1/10 mile when I pulled up to my room after looping around the hotel a couple times to get that 10K mark.

mike

Big mileage week thanks to Snowcrazed. He pushed me all week but that was good, saw some new places and trails, and had a blast.

Didn't break the 400 mile/day but came close a couple times. The way we ate ay break the 200 pound mark.

Always worry when I brag up the Riviere du Loup trails and then a friend shows up to see them. They did not disappoint, Smooth as silk.

Thanks Snowcrazed.

Until next year!

mike

"Post #222 pic 8 one place Iceman hasn't been."

I thought the same thing at first but.....

Not True.

Iceman Sticker is there too.

Just up higher on the wall.

Trust me I put it there myself last season.

Mikes buying the drinks???

Absolutely, I wanted to buy and there was no way Mike was going to allow that to happen :drinks:

Sadly, the last day of the trip for me. It was a great time with even better company. Thank you mikerider for the hospitality!

P1080386.JPG

P1080400.JPG

P1080402.JPG

P1080404.JPG

P1080406.JPG

P1080408.JPG

P1080410.JPG

P1080413.JPG

P1080416.JPG

P1080420.JPG

Great pics SnowCrazed!!!!

Big mileage week thanks to Snowcrazed. He pushed me all week but that was good, saw some new places and trails, and had a blast.

Didn't break the 400 mile/day but came close a couple times. The way we ate ay break the 200 pound mark.

Always worry when I brag up the Riviere du Loup trails and then a friend shows up to see them. They did not disappoint, Smooth as silk.

Thanks Snowcrazed.

Until next year!

mike

Now I see what you were talking about!!!

We rode from Berners to RDL last week-end. Took as many side trails as possible. 10 miles outside of RDL on the way into town, we find this treat. Tall windshields need not apply. :rofl:

post-464-0-67199300-1425344547_thumb.jpg

Edited by markusvt

• 2 weeks later...

Today unloaded at the Beauceville clubhouse and rode to the Universal in RDL. Looks like this entire area also got some light rain a day or two ago, but trails were smooth and riding was good. Trails are hard but lubrication was not a problem. No ice spots. Just very hard snow. Hardly any sleds on the trails. Tomorrow on to Amqui.

There are a few bare patches the last couple miles in to the hotel but nothing bad. HOWEVER, be extremely careful going under the train tressell about two miles before the Universal. It flooded in that dip, has huge ice heaves, and in the middle you will break through the ice and the water is deep. Come to a complete stop, look it over, then accelerate like he$$. Really bad, be careful.

If any of you are at the Universal tonight, give a shout, room 138, or text me 207-522-2673.

mike

Today unloaded at the Beauceville clubhouse and rode to the Universal in RDL. Looks like this entire area also got some light rain a day or two ago, but trails were smooth and riding was good. Trails are hard but lubrication was not a problem. No ice spots. Just very hard snow. Hardly any sleds on the trails. Tomorrow on to Amqui.

There are a few bare patches the last couple miles in to the hotel but nothing bad. HOWEVER, be extremely careful going under the train tressell about two miles before the Universal. It flooded in that dip, has huge ice heaves, and in the middle you will break through the ice and the water is deep. Come to a complete stop, look it over, then accelerate like he$$. Really bad, be careful.

If any of you are at the Universal tonight, give a shout, room 138, or text me 207-522-2673.

mike

Yes, warm Tuesday + Wednesday with light rain Wednesday AM. Which way did you go Mike? Edited by vt_bluyamaha54

I hope to be back to the truck on Monday afternoon, so I should be all set.

From Beauceville I came up 55 to St Pamphile, jumped on 35 to the end of the RR bed and then up 526.

mike

Edited by mikerider