Mont Valin December 5-8th ish?

lindasledgirl

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linda thanks for the update, Havent been on the forum all fall, getting back into it now that thanksgiving is over lol, we plan to be up there thursday thu the weekend too, we are staying at the km31 Let the sledding begin! RR

Thanks Gary,

I have received quite a few messages of people that are going to be there! We maybe have to pick up some new shirts!

Linda

I was also considering this trip to Valins. But as of right now I am still with out sleds! I am waiting for BRP to deliver and I am getting very fustrated.

Well isn't that crappy! Ask them to give you a free second seat for the inconvenience, head to Valin, we can ride double! lol

http://www.admdq.org/conditionsdesentiersmotoneige_Saguenay.html

Is this new? If you take your cursor over the trail, it gives you a riders trail report? Handy! And look at all the open trails in Quebec!

http://www.admdq.org/conditionsdesentiersmotoneige_Saguenay.html

Is this new? If you take your cursor over the trail, it gives you a riders trail report? Handy! And look at all the open trails in Quebec!

Looks like most of the dates on the reports are 10 months old

Yes, the rider report is old, but the trail update is today. I just never noticed that feature before. Great idea.

The feature was there last year. No new updates mainly because the trails not really open for the most part. Soonish up to date reports will start populating. It is decoupled from the official FCMQ and relies on the ADMQ user inputs. Until it starts getting updated, not much use. If you look a t last years data, it got very little updating in general. Still useful for trip planning if someone was kind enough to share their trail experience before your ride.

sledmagazine.com is maintaining the official trail reports this season. They had a really nice system 2 years ago,(better than FCMQ), and now it looks they are the real deal.

Greg would know more as he is on their team, and also very good friends with the President of ADMQ.

A soon as the clubs start reporting open and conditions good, sledders start showing up. In the early season they are often not ready. Relays, gas, food, not ready yet. Signing, bridge work, frozen water used for the trails, not ready yet. Pockets to play in, sure, ready. Trail systems that have a very good summer system come into play with very little snow, others it takes a bit more time. The groomers that fired up have down so only in the last week, and even then they are several weeks ahead of last year, (awesome!)

The good news is it is looking very good for us with the season off to a decent start.

Mark.

Well isn't that crappy! Ask them to give you a free second seat for the inconvenience, head to Valin, we can ride double! lol

Dealer just called this evening. They are both being built right now and should be on a truck later this week. Better late than never.

Dealer just called this evening. They are both being built right now and should be on a truck later this week. Better late than never.

Hi Dave,

The sleds were probably built earlier but it is my understanding that BRP ships north first and then down into the States. Mine came in this week. Yea!

Jack & Sandi