Mont Valin December 5-8th ish?

lindasledgirl

Anyone on the 401 Corridor? I would like someone to share drive and gas.

Yes snowfarmer, I have the little red wagon out lol

post-875-0-19898200-1384518840_thumb.png

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am available ,but not shure if we will have enough snow to open the area , maybe just on top . and I think that is a waste .. good for the young bucks to try new sleds !!!! hope it works for you linda .

Don't forget the young does with new sleds

Well, I took a leap today, bought a used truck with only 29,000 km on it, same as what I have only a bigger motor and less miles in white instead of black.

So...truck is ready Tuesday! Sleds are ready next week (riding last years so not new this year) and I am going on my last 4 wheeling trip near Algonquin park next weekend.

Grumpy, I am sure it won't be 'open' at the base...but that's ok, I am very happy to ride on top of the mountain and play around in new snow. I won't mind at all.

I am very ready! Yahoo Ski dooo!

white truck is good 29000 km, also good mine is 08 with 31000 km. let me know a little later if weather is good and if you have room . good place to try my xtx with 1.75 paddles YAMALADADINGDONG...

Edited by grumpysanta

Hi, been planning on going with a friend to MT. Valin next Friday early AM after our "T" day. Any hope of it being worth it driving 8 hr's? Storm next week Wednesday maybe help the cause. Or stand down, Thanks

:drinks:

The worth it is relative to you and you situation. How bad do you want to ride, what conditions you are will to accept, and what is good for you in the dollar per mile calculations? Lots of folks will go, and plenty more who live a lot closer won't go. This time of year, you have to wait till the last minute, check conditions and go/ no go depending on what you learn.

For sure, there will be something ride-able.

This is from this morning KM 31

From last night

And another one from a little while ago

I hate to say this I'm friends with them on Facebook ... They're probably going to kick me off the site soon. In my opinion it's just another great tool to have in your pocket for snowmobiling. The days of saying yeah it's good come on up plenty of snow when there is NOT are over.

Linda, Why do you travel 13 yours north when you probably have good riding closer? Or Is the riding that good above Quebec City? I am just curious. I have been mostly to Lanaudiere region and travel from Pennsylvania. That trip takes me about 9 hours. We did go to Quebec City once though. I guess if it is worth it I would drive an extra few miles...but would hope it worth it for me. One year, my wife and I and our two dogs...and sleds drove to northern Maine near Fort Kent to ride. It was a 16 hour drive. Ouch! Riding was nice but a 16 hour drive was nuts to me. I was younger then though and made sure to stop at the outlets in Freeport Maine so my wife was content.

I get the same urge you do. Last March when the season was winding down...we had no snow in Pennsylvania left......actually we never had much to start with. I got the itch an headed to NY state...and was really close to heading even farther north to Canada. I hope we get snow soon in Pennsylvania or I myself will probably head to Quebec.....probably Lanaudiere which I am more familiar with. Have fun if you do head to Mt Valin. Have never been there but hear the riding is great.

Edited by MXZ700RIDER

Hi MXZ700rider

If you get to Mont Valin next week, look us up. We are at Passion! Wed-Saturday! Lots of snow, lots of fun!

One thing about Mont Valin, she never lets you down. Learned that from some good friends.

It's worth the drive!

Linda