Fuel solution on my Polaris

Phil 1

I like your thinking. As far as the weight issue, what else can you do? For me, I couldn't afford to loose the saddle bag space (until that one time I do run out of fuel then maybe I would re-think). My answer was a long track with a rack on the back. I found two fuel cans that fit side by side in the rack. Gives me 4+ gal. capasity. I have yet to have any wheelie issues.

Who needs spare gas when you have friends with great MPG sleds Mike, right?!

P1000334.JPG

You better have spare gas for my Polaris this season!! LOL

Phil, Polaris had a mount for those jugs but I can't find it now. Where did you get that setup?

Edited by SnowCrazed

Here is what we did when we had our Switchbacks. 5 litre can on the right running board and a gallon of oil on the left. The black sled is my wifes Adventure, my Pro R is in front.

post-269-0-34344400-1419878083_thumb.jpg

This pic shows the oil on the other side.

post-269-0-68218400-1419878031_thumb.jpg

Just 2 bungies to hold each jug in place and no drilling. I never did have to use the gas cans. I did come really close on the way to Chapais but we made it.

This also help keep the weight a little lower.

Edited by 600IQHO

While we wait for snow, my solution for carrying extra fuel, what have others done?

Phil is that that a 2015 Axy's? Not sure the seat dont look quite right from your pics. Looks maybe like a 2014. If it is an Axy's you already have an extre 5 litres. They come with a 12 gallon tank.

If there is in fact no gas for 140 - 160 mile pulls out West Quebec I will surely use these.

I bought a side universal rack from Polaris and then the "L" bracket from Roto Pax along with the fuel packs. Mounted the "L" bracket on universal rack and it is what you see. Have not tested it yet but you can move sled around while holding fuel packs. You can also use just one like March in Gaspe when fuel is no problem I will fill one with oil from my drum instead of $80.00 gallon Quebec oil.

I use a dry bag so giving up luggage capacity was no problem.

If there is in fact no gas for 140 - 160 mile pulls out West Quebec I will surely use these.

I bought a side universal rack from Polaris and then the "L" bracket from Roto Pax along with the fuel packs. Mounted the "L" bracket on universal rack and it is what you see. Have not tested it yet but you can move sled around while holding fuel packs. You can also use just one like March in Gaspe when fuel is no problem I will fill one with oil from my drum instead of $80.00 gallon Quebec oil.

I use a dry bag so giving up luggage capacity was no problem.

I'm liking it!!!

In an effort to carry gas AND oil I just ordered some rotopax's and a tunnel mount from White Out Technologies (for a Doo shorty). In theory it'll work....should know in about a week. :drinks:

I just mounted the Powder Keg fuel cell with the bottle for oil ( 137" ) on my GSX SE 800 Etech and I think I'm sold. Bag goes right back on top and a bit more room for a small dry bag ! The fuel cell holds 2.75 Gal and the bottle holds 40oz of oil.

Edited by Pipemaster

Glad I can provide amusement for the crew while waiting... :drinks:

We will try to keep barrel rolls to a minimum, but I have an alternative plan, I usually do.

Here is a pix ready to mount fuel pax.

im4snow took a few days and some runs to hardware store but I believe it will work OK.

Looks good Phil! Guess it's good to have peace of mind, but unless you are passing up gas I think you will be ok we used to do saddlebag trips in the early 90's with SRV's and Exciter's that only got 90-95 miles on a tank and never had a problem I think most of today's sleds can make around 120 some alot more you will be good.

I just mounted the Powder Keg fuel cell with the bottle for oil ( 137" ) on my GSX SE 800 Etech and I think I'm sold. Bag goes right back on top and a bit more room for a small dry bag !

That's a slick set up and I forgot about their oil bottle. :drinks:

Glad I can provide amusement for the crew while waiting... :drinks:

We will try to keep barrel rolls to a minimum, but I have an alternative plan, I usually do.

Here is a pix ready to mount fuel pax.

im4snow took a few days and some runs to hardware store but I believe it will work OK.

Looks good. Wouldn't be any fun without a few trips to the hardware store.....I expect the same!!!

Nice Set up Phil you're gonna really like having that extra fuel where touring long distance.

Here's what I did on my sled, homemade set up with Koplin tanks from our local Canadian Tire. One on each side gives me 10 litres or 2 1/2 CDN gallons. I imagine your Rotopax are equavilant in capacity.

Isn't it easier to just stop at a gas station?You don't always have to be on E before you stop.

Speaking of gas,what is the price per litre averaging in Quebec now?

Has it been dropping like it has been in the states?

off topic but check this out.....and yes price has been dropping

https://www.caaquebec.com/en/on-the-road/public-interest/gasoline-matters/gasoline-watch/

off topic but check this out.....and yes price has been dropping

https://www.caaquebec.com/en/on-the-road/public-interest/gasoline-matters/gasoline-watch/

That looks a lot better than last year...approx .35 cents per litre cheaper than last year.

That will save around $10 bucks a fill !

Thanks for the link!

Did'nt mean to hijack the thread.

NSHM there are places like on 63 W where there is no fuel for 140 - 160 miles these things don't push easily. A wrong turn, generator down in the bush, ect, ect. rather safe than sorry.

Trailblazer, very nice, these Rotopax are 2 gallons each.

NSHM there are places like on 63 W where there is no fuel for 140 - 160 miles these things don't push easily. A wrong turn, generator down in the bush, ect, ect. rather safe than sorry.

Trailblazer, very nice, these Rotopax are 2 gallons each.

You're right.Thats about the only area I haven't ridden yet.On my bucket list.

Plus,as soon as the tow strap is hooked up the paparazzi come running out of the bush!

Did'nt realize the federation stretched fuel stops that far apart.

You're setup looks good.Enjoy you're new ride.

Think Snow!!