Accident Lepine Road!

Andyman

Just read where a young girl 7 years old was in an accident on the Lepine Road and has passed away. RIP little girl.

Andy

(La Tuque) Une fillette âgée de sept ans d'Ascot Corner en Estrie a perdu la vie après avoir été impliquée dimanche dans un accident de motoneige en Haute-Maurice.
Selon Audrey-Anne Bilodeau, de la Sûreté du Québec, le véhicule sur lequel la fillette avait pris place avec un ou deux adultes a fait une embardée, en après-midi, sur le chemin Lépine dans le secteur Clova, à La Tuque. «La motoneige a ensuite fait des tonneaux», précise la sergente.
La fillette, dont on ignore l'identité, portait, dit-on, un casque protecteur. La motoneige a versé à la suite d'une manoeuvre. La jeune fille avait d'abord été transportée dans le village de Parent, puis à l'hôpital de La Tuque. Elle est morte dans la soirée.
La Sûreté du Québec (SQ) a ouvert une enquête sur cet accident. Des experts en reconstitution d'événement sont à Clova ce lundi. «L'alcool ne serait pas en cause dans l'accident», précise la sergente Bilodeau en ajoutant que les enquêteurs détermineront si la vitesse aurait pu jouer un rôle.
La Tuque) A seven-year-old girl of Ascot Corner in the Eastern Townships died after being involved Sunday in a snowmobile accident in Upper Mauritius.
According to Audrey-Anne Bilodeau, Sûreté du Québec, the vehicle on which the girl had taken place with one or two adults swerved in the afternoon, on the way into the Lépine Clova sector, La Tuque. "Snowmobiling then made barrels," said Sgt.
The girl, whose identity is unknown, was wearing, say, a helmet. Snowmobiling paid following a maneuver. The girl was first transported to the village of Parent, then at the La Tuque hospital. She died in the evening.
The Sûreté du Québec (SQ) opened an investigation into the accident. Event reconstruction experts are Clova Monday. "Alcohol is not involved in the accident," said Sgt Bilodeau adding that investigators will determine if speed could have played a role.

Thoughts and prayers to those involved. My kids love riding with me but we have never been on the QC Trails together. What a terrible tragedy to befall this family when you know the little girl is just learning to love the parents passion for the sport.

RIP

It just breaks my heart to hear of these things.

RIP little girl, your time is way too early. Thoughts and prayers out to the family

I hope the investigation results are announced publicly so we could all learn something from this tragedy.

JG

That is such a tragedy. I don't know if I read the article correctly but did it say a vehicle swerved into her or was she swerving? This is why i can't work up the guts to take my kids up there riding. Too many variables as compared to say Old Forge, which is where they ride. I hope she didn't suffer. Keep us posted on the investigation. I too would like to learn how this could be avoided. R I P little snowmobiler..

My heart absolutely breaks reading these stories. All a parent can do is think of their own child/children and only imagine the sinking feeling of their heart. God! I can't even imagine what these folks are going through.