Team Iceman in Saguenay

iceman

After much discussion about where to turn em loose we settled on La Saguenee in Chicoutimi. Left Relais Iceman around 10:30 am and trailered on up. Arrived at 3 pm checked in and suited up dropped the ladies out of the trailer and went for a short ride.

Decided to head to the Delta where we had a meeting of the Minds with Bill and 182ray, pleasure to meet them guys and spend some times talking it up. Got to meet pepper bills pup and had a nice visit.

83 to the Delta then 83 to 383 to 367 to 83 back to our hotel. Just a little jaunt to knock off the cobwebs.

All trails very rideable and looking forward to going for the tour du lac tmmrw.

Stay Tuned.

Day 2 monday

Left hotel at 8:30am very peaceful here no other trucks trailers or sleds. We went on the grand tour around Lac St. Jean.

I will say I did not find one trail that I wish I was not on. All fresh groomed leaving hotel on 83. Followef 83 all the way to Chambord. After Hebertville the snow got a bit thinner still very passable just less snow. We jumped on Lac St Jean at the Spa and Chalets Chambord. (No sticks but lots of tracks) went to Roberval and were feeling Adventurous so in honor of NH Moose we continued on the lake to St Felicien.. Feeling great we followed GPS and did a little side of the road action and rejoined 373. Then on to Relais Buttes for lunch. Back out and 373.on ward to 93 then we decide to not do the 93 and cut over back on the 373. All good no issues here. Snow by St Felicien and La Dore is real nice. Chambord/Roberval real thin. Back to 93 then on thru Dolbeau then 367 trail to Peribonka and up to

The cut over to 328. Parts of 328 still a bit rough but not bad. Over to St. Ambroise and down 367 to shipshaw(all good) then 383 to 83. Where we pass groomer right near turn for hotel. Awesome ride. 285 miles. Left this AM passed no sleds until St Felicien (we saw one) then we passed 3 more for a Total of 4 sleds all day.

Some Pics to follow.

Great pics Iceman it was good to meet you Playhard & Jarod

Have a great trip

Nice to meet you guys for sure. Could have carried on that mini gathering for hours. Nice talking with you both.

Sentier Donald is named after a friend of mine, Donald Gagnon. I've know him and his wife for 30+ years. This past Sat they opened 83 from Cepal to Lac Kenogami and who was driving the groomer but Donald. He takes alot of pride in that section of 83. It's his baby.

Sentier Donald is named after a friend of mine, Donald Gagnon. I've know him and his wife for 30+ years. This past Sat they opened 83 from Cepal to Lac Kenogami and who was driving the groomer but Donald. He takes alot of pride in that section of 83. It's his baby.

I like his baby alot. Thanks for the info on that always eager to hear stuff like that. You also taught me that the trail up to 93 to the right after the second bridge in shipshaw is the "pickle park trail" never heard that before.

Keep the info coming. I like to soak it all in.

Annik says hello we were there at Vilain today.

Hey Don & David,

Looks like you boys are having a great rip! Keep up the fantastic trail reports & pics!

Stay safe & have fun.

Tom

We are making out well. Very happy up here.

Enjoy your run.

Day 3

Took a nice ride today. 83 from Hotel fresh groom very nice, over to cross at Siosshaw all super. Went uo the "pickle park trail" and to the 93. Still great trail just a short section before the groomer garage on 93 was pretty rough "normal for this section it seems its always junk" after garage was much better uo to Passion QC to say hi to Lise and Vince and then off to wonderland. Bras Louis was outstanding wicked fast. Then across to Onitchaway on another unreal trail very nice. Dealt with flat light all day but that is how it goes.

I will say while there is snow up there in Mont Valin there aint very much compared to normal years.

After Onitchaway it was over to Mont Vilain (scooby) to say hi to Annik and have some lunch. Grset run over again super trail.

Leaving there 367 is rough as hell, needs more snow badly. It got better but the new part closest to the relais is in rough shape.

367 got better and despite white out like inside a snow globe conditions we made it back to shioshaw and back into the hotel in Chicoutimi with 200 miles all said and done.

Gonna be a short season with the base on the trails as thin as it is. First few warm ups and any rain will nd the show early, go find some snow and ride.

Pics tmmrw.

Day 3

Today started like yesterday up to mont Valin thru shipshaw to 93. Saw Bill and 182ray and the Mrs. By the airport on 93. Then 93 to Sacre Couer and TQ3 to the Ferry.

Gas at Passion QC then at Tadoussac before the boat ride.

Crossed over and the to 383 first tracks fresh groomed to 83 and back to Hotel

Gas here in Chicoutimi.

280 miles give or take.

Super conditions all day and every day here. The time is now.

Back to Shawinigan by truck tmmrw, this run is over.

Few days break then should be back at it somewhere with NH Moose and Snohorse, as Scorpionbowl is on assignment Overseas for work and surely not happy about it by the sounds of it. Next run Gary for sure.