Summer Snowmobiling on the Gaspe'

iceman

Greetings QR's. This week we have been working on a bucket list item. For ions now each time we looped the Gaspe' on sleds, we would say "someday we got to come here in summer and do a loop".

This week we have been doing just that. Myself, Playhard along with Billy W and Mrs. Ice, have been taking in the summer experience here in Gaspe. Mrs. Ice was the catalyst for this adventure as she pushed this winter for us to make it happen this summer so here we are.

Sunday afternoon Playhard and Billy arrive at relais Iceman at 4pm. We loaded up and I took over the driving duties. Destination Amqui. Super ride to QC city and over to the 20 then to RDL for a very enjoyable stop at "big red chicken head" St. Hubert to all others. Then hammer down arriving at Selecthotel in Amqui just before 11pm.

Day 1 Monday

After breakfast we drive on over to Andre Halle' BRP to pick up our toys. Sebastien was waiting for us and made short work of the paperwork. Outside we went like kids on christmas morn to get our rides for the week. 3 Spyders. After a quick tutorial we got down to business loading up the gear. Much less then winter I might add and very suprisingly we had ton's of room left. We were off. Now Billy has ridden sleds and ATV's but never a motorcyle (I know it's a Spyder so not really a motorcyle) but you are on the road not in the woods and there are much bigger things then you all around. Like a small fish in the ocean. So take a few minutes for all of us in the parking lot to get to feel out the Spyders. All good and we are off.

132 back west a bit not far at all then north on 195 up to Matane.

These things are fun as hell, comfy and I need one. We are hooked on summer snowmobiling.

The Mrs is very comfortable on her throne and has been given the title of "empress" as she wanted to know if there was a title higher than queen. So "empress Caro" it is. We cruise on up to Matane and we are loving spotting the trail crossing's and seeing much more of the town's then we ever do in winter. Weather is perfect on the north shore today and no drifts at all to bust through. On east we go and stop for a break in St. Anne des monts. We go down to the water and take a break near the marina there. After a break we head on east next stop Mont St. Pierre. Beautiful ride out on the 132 and we stop in MSP to say hello to Pierre at the Yamaha there. He is happy to see us and we chat for about 20 minutes. Then off we go the 132 at some points is just as twisty as the TQ5 out here, but fun for sure. On east through Gaspe and then on to Perce' and we pull into Table Roland at 6:45pm with close to 500km for the day. Bonus is with all the people in Perce (it is packed with people) the SAQ is open late on a monday, sweet.

Jack Please, yes merci. It is crazy how many motels there are in Perce(in summer). Been a super day one.

Day 2 Tuesday

We wake to overcast and drizzly weather. We knew we had this coming. We check the radar then have breakfast and decide to wait it out as a window is coming that will help us get to New Richmond much drier. We leave at 10:30 and our weather window is looking sweet. We head back west now on 132 and things are quickly dry. Nice. We head to Bonaventure then turn right to take my wife to visit a friend she has not seen in 6 years, arriving at Isabelle and Simon's house i quickly realize they live very close to TQ5 I mean really close and I've passed by so many times and never knew it. Now we do. Nice to have people in different places, you never know when you need a rescue. After too short a visit it was time to roll on. Clouds building and wanted to beat feet before any rain. Caught a quick shower maybe 8 miles before New Richmond but not bad at all. Got to Hotel Francis and sun is back out. We have a late lunch and then decide it's too nice to not ride more so off we go. We head up to get up close and personal with some windmills. We explore some back roads and then meander back to hotel.

A great dinner with a super dessert.

post-211-0-14273400-1469620512_thumb.jpeg

post-211-0-50868500-1469620580_thumb.jpeg

post-211-0-51098000-1469620605_thumb.jpeg

post-211-0-28192400-1469620615_thumb.jpeg

post-211-0-54049300-1469620630_thumb.jpeg

post-211-0-78377900-1469620643_thumb.jpeg

post-211-0-17636500-1469620659_thumb.jpeg

post-211-0-62342700-1469620671_thumb.jpeg

post-211-0-16422100-1469620715_thumb.jpeg

post-211-0-73446900-1469620699_thumb.jpeg

Check out that desert mon dieu mon homme, there's gonna be some consiquences later for that, lol.

Thise are some really nice Spyders guys, enjoy your trip folks and Don hope you didn't forget the stickers this time.

Getting some different kind of riding in for me.

post-488-0-60926000-1469636326_thumb.jpg

Island hopping

post-488-0-77669000-1469636385_thumb.jpg

post-488-0-37337700-1469636430_thumb.jpg

post-488-0-27504300-1469636483_thumb.jpg

Day 3

Left Francis in New Richmond after a nice breakfast. Decided we were going inland so 132 west to 299 then North. Nice run along the river and up into the mountains. We stop at Relais La Cache for a break and it's locked up solid no one in sight. After convincing David to not continue down the 595 like he wanted to on the north shore, trust me it was tempting. We continued on and decide to hang a right and we head toward Murdochville. Into town and we take a vist at Hotel Copper and visit with Pierre. He is so excited to show us his sled museum and it was quite impressive. Lot's to check out there he has some real nice stuff in there. We stay for a good bit then decide to move on. After some re-calculating we decide it's back to Amqui for tonight, so from Murdoch back down to the North Shore and 132 now west. Backtracking. but hey, just like the trail the road is not the same going the opposite way. Thru St.Anne des monts and to Matane then 195 south back to Amqui. Rain Rain 2 miles from hotel but it could have been much worse. Loving summer time in the Gaspe.

Pics to follow

Not sure if it's the lack of snow, Jack, or the heat, but you ain't making sense iceman. How can you go down the 595 to the north shore from la cache? Down the 595 takes you to new Richmond. How do you get to murdochville from la cache without hitting 132, forest roads? Lastly, how do you go down from murdochville to the north shore?

Not sure if it's the lack of snow, Jack, or the heat, but you ain't making sense iceman. How can you go down the 595 to the north shore from la cache? Down the 595 takes you to new Richmond. How do you get to murdochville from la cache without hitting 132, forest roads? Lastly, how do you go down from murdochville to the north shore?

Let's take this one at a time.

1. la cache is on the 595 is it not? I could be wrong as I am no Gaspe expert. Ok i see what you are saying i think, you do not like my wording. It would be up 595 as it is going north. Gotcha. Playhard was tempted to run the 595 from La Cache i had to talk him out of it.

2. Maybe 20 KM from La Cache there was a road on the right. Forest road, gravel road, something but it was a road it brought us to just before Murdochville where it joined with qc 198.

3. Ok fine try it like this...back up to the Northshore on 198 from Murdochville.

Damn u.

Definately better in the white.

Edited by iceman

Day 4 Thursday

Our last day we spent all around Amqui. Basically just a play day. No destinations no worries. Explored all around Amqui and down to Lac Humqui. Made a visit to a very lonely clubhouse in Albertville, Then decided to head to Point a la Croix. Super day great weather and back to return the spyders at 5pm. Met up with JG and had a super dinner in Amqui. Always a pleasure to spend time with Mr. groomer. Aftef dinner said our farewells for now to JG and saddled up and with Playhard at the wheel we make more than excellent time back to Relais Iceman for the night. Really good time and a super trip with a solid group and wheels are already turning for the next summer tour.

Just shy of 1500km for 4 days.

Loving the Spyder for touring I certainly can see one in my garage in the future. Hell it's already mrs. iceman approved.

Until next time.

Playhard feel free to add the photo's from day 4 or I can if you send em to me.

Edited by iceman

For the tres bon machines and rates and personal service ask for Sebastian here: www.andrehalle.com/location.htm

Hey Scorp, Don very appropriately stated that we went down from Copper to the north shore, in reference to altitude, not attitude.

GROOMER! It's always the icing on the cake to enjoy bacon pizza with you!

Snowhor, we know you're there, would you prefer this title?... TEAM ICICLE GOES TRICYCLE!

More pics to follow.

hi iceman and playhard !!!

great meeting you again , including mrs ice and bill !!!

different to see winter friends during summer !!!

always funny to spend time with you !!!

thx again for supper !!!

pic of a friend of mine !!!

its not nyc at night ....buuuut ....ahhaha

where the big tent is in the middle of pic...this is where the games of fort causap begin....all over baseball field....then on the other side of the river using cb !!! along main st....just below the auberge ....then at bottom of pic....city hall / firefighter station...then next to church on the right and then toward baseball field again using bridge for albertville...

about 12-15 different games !!!

still nice weather here !!!

jean-guy

Cessna? Could it be 182Ray????????????

bonsoir saguenay bill !!!

i think you re right !!! probably him doing '' donuts '' over my camp early saturday morning !!!

btw playhard and iceman....

when i left ...went to see my sister near by for 2 mins.......and that blonde girl was there.....she s the daughter of the ex yamaha dealer in amqui !!!

jean-guy