Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

A picture is worth a thousand words , i should move up there :good:

sure !! not much population here...lots fo room between neighbors !!ha!!ha!!

more chances to see a moose !!

met a friend at the grocery,he told me that yesterday ...st vianney and st rené area...between amqui and matane...a foot of snow there !!

i believe that,fleurries most of the day here and it looks more like november 29 th !!ha!!ha!

all pics within 1.5 miles from the camp.on my way to party at the lake after a thunderstorm !!

jean-guy :drinks:

sure !! not much population here...lots fo room between neighbors !!ha!!ha!!

more chances to see a moose !!

met a friend at the grocery,he told me that yesterday ...st vianney and st rené area...between amqui and matane...a foot of snow there !!

i believe that,fleurries most of the day here and it looks more like november 29 th !!ha!!ha!

all pics within 1.5 miles from the camp.on my way to party at the lake after a thunderstorm !!

The first picture is really nice, the color, shading, and light all blend well together. The haze reminds me a bit of the moose picture you took at dawn that went in the Zec brochure.

One of you best shots in a while!

The first picture is really nice, the color, shading, and light all blend well together. The haze reminds me a bit of the moose picture you took at dawn that went in the Zec brochure.

One of you best shots in a while!

hi smclelan !!

thanks,first pic about half a mile from the camp !!

took the pic of the moose roughly at the same hrs at night,back in the late 8o's.i was with a friend and we had went to see other friends about 1 mile from the road to go to the lac frenette dam.

it was in sept and my friend wanted to go partridge hunting.remember that where we had stopped to talk with some friends just beside causapscal river ??little white camp ??we drank a beer that day on the bridge !!

took the pic about 3 miles from the bridge .still my best moose pic.

Jean-Guy,

It almost looks like you photo shopped the mouse into the picture,

Great Shot.

Schooter

WOW!!! This last moose, the atv in the mist, the colours!!! WOW!!!!!

just made my day^^^^^^^^^^

Linda

hi linda !!

thanks !!

like the mood on those pics !!i remember well coming back waaaay later that night,i had to come back very sloooooooooowwwly !!! so foggy ,it has been hard time to know where i was on the road !!ha!!ha!!

always watch for mooses,never know when they can jump on the road !!

jean-guy

Jean-Guy,

It almost looks like you photo shopped the mouse into the picture,

Great Shot.

Schooter

hi schooter !!

may looks like it but its not !!

this is a 35 mm pic ,i just took apic of that one with my digital camera!!

maybe its only the effect of the sun coming from the side.

took that pic back in autumn 87 if i remeber well.

won a photo contest from the z e c with that one + 4-5 more back in 92.

i have the same pic in a big frame at home !!

i don t do that very often...even seldom..i runned for that moose,can t see it ,but there s a little brook between the 2 of us.i had to stop, there was no bridge.

jean-guy

hi linda !!

thanks !!

like the mood on those pics !!i remember well coming back waaaay later that night,i had to come back very sloooooooooowwwly !!! so foggy ,it has been hard time to know where i was on the road !!ha!!ha!!

always watch for mooses,never know when they can jump on the road !!

jean-guy

Very nice jean-guy :good:

Very nice jean-guy :good:

thanks crazysnow !!

i had seen mom + calf first...continued on the same road...double backed ....took another road ...then double backed again and saw the 2 moms almost at the same place than mom + calf .all of that in less than 10 mins.

then one of the 2 moms came toward me !!..very close ,within 20 '....like that when there not shy !!! ha!!ha!!ha!!

Jean Guy

Your photos are amazing!

Schooter

thanks schooter and hparaptor!!

found those pics !!

on my way to the camp with friends back in early may 09.

that moose was weak/sick..returned the next day or 2 days after ...and coyotes took care of him !!

so weak,he s been unable to drink from the shovel !!

jean-guy

Jean - Guy,

I love to show my wife your pictures, she really enjoys them like I do, but I cannot show her this one.

I tell her part of the circle of life, she would still be sad for several days.

schooter.

hi schooter and gutz !!

thanks !!...sad to post pics like that ,but that life.mooses are at their weakest point at this time of the year!!he tnever tried to stand up.waayyy too weak !!

back from a 104 miles ride.sunny ,but still cold.need rain,looks like snow stopped melting in the shadow areas.can t use small trails yet...lots of double backing ...hate that.

moose on the road,i was turning a left hand side corner..woow ,he was just thre in the ditch,left side,where the ',watwr '' begin.

within 3'' i knew he was sick....looks like ticks..you can see on one pic,he s ''swinging '' his head.

you can see was skid marks on the road....for those who remember when we strated off the trail riding going to my camp...about 2.5 miles from there.

tried to use the same roads we used to go to my camp...too much snow

few more !!

after i left the lake,visited many clearcuts and landed on t l r at the 16 miles.down to 12 miles and landed on the west side of ''andyman bld ''....then 1.5 miles west for the 90's corner east of ste marguerite.

the last few pics ,you should recognize tq 5 ...

few more !!

after i left the lake,visited many clearcuts and landed on t l r at the 16 miles.down to 12 miles and landed on the west side of ''andyman bld ''....then 1.5 miles west for the 90's corner east of ste marguerite.

the last few pics ,you should recognize tq 5 ...

Nice nice pics groomer,, as always,,You are the best with that camera,, How many klicks on the bike by now??? must be 10 or 11k by now ???? Been a good machine and not much service work except for regular maintiance I asume??

hi schooter and gutz !!

thanks !!...sad to post pics like that ,but that life.mooses are at their weakest point at this time of the year!!he tnever tried to stand up.waayyy too weak !!

back from a 104 miles ride.sunny ,but still cold.need rain,looks like snow stopped melting in the shadow areas.can t use small trails yet...lots of double backing ...hate that.

moose on the road,i was turning a left hand side corner..woow ,he was just thre in the ditch,left side,where the ',watwr '' begin.

within 3'' i knew he was sick....looks like ticks..you can see on one pic,he s ''swinging '' his head.

you can see was skid marks on the road....for those who remember when we strated off the trail riding going to my camp...about 2.5 miles from there.

tried to use the same roads we used to go to my camp...too much snow

These pictures are spectacular and I look pretty much every day for more. I feel kind of addicted !!

I do however want to point out that there is a 'close up' in here of you Jean-Guy! I might just have one of you with a smile on your face and post it!

Linda

These pictures are spectacular and I look pretty much every day for more. I feel kind of addicted !!

We are all... :drinks:

Nice nice pics groomer,, as always,,You are the best with that camera,, How many klicks on the bike by now??? must be 10 or 11k by now ???? Been a good machine and not much service work except for regular maintiance I asume??

hi fuzzy600ho !!

thank you very much !!

checked the mileage ,i was expecting more than that... only 10411 km !!

last december i ended up the year with about 9200km..

it s my third my third set of tires !!..i have a memory blank..can t remember the name.put a new shaft last year for the 4 x 4 in the front end.....and new shifter.beside that ..change oil twice a year.

first 3 pics,it was the trail to go up the lake back in the 70's..groomed with a twin track!!ha!!ha!! it was back then...

We are all... :drinks:

hi phil !!

thank you !!

ha!!ha!! at least it put a bit of ''action '' during the summer time !!

might go for another ride later this afternoon...not sure yet !!

I don't see a fishing rod on your Buggy?

Lakes seem still froze up in your pics but rivers look clear.

Good Trout fishing early around there?

I know you are in Salmon area during season based on your earlier pics.

Thanks

keep the pics coming