Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi crazysnow and jg !!!

not the greatest day to take pics....cloudy on my way up and not much contrast...too much white stuff!!!

hmmmm....should be warmer by the week end !!!

nice little poem ..jg !!!

jean-guy :drinks:

Hi Jean-Guy!!

Great pictures! Lot's of snow now!! Hope it stays and makes a great base for the snowmobiling!

Love the slushy lake!

linda

hi all !!!

big thx !!!

don t worry tom,they ll be gone before there s too much ice on the lake !!

back from a 75 miles ride!!!...not the greatest day to take pics !!!

temps are warming up....snow is melting !!!

i left too late...i ve been '' pedal to metal '' all afternoon....landed at my camp 15-20 mins before darkness !!!

1 bull at least a quarter mile in a clear cut and just before darkness...mom + calf !!!

tons of moose tracks !!!

have a nice week end !!!

i forgot...back in 1990 .....we were caught in a 3 days storm...right today....3' of snow !!!...hahahha!!!

Edited by groomer

hi crazysnow and rmk !!

back from a 80 miles ride !!! still cloudy !! saw 7 moose...4 deer and 1 parthridge + beaver !!!

the deer are in the last field before logging road..

saw 5 moose in about 1.5 miles...3 miles from my camp !!!

right rmk !!!

must be a '' shaky '' job !!!...better keep your nose far away from windshield before hitting a stump !!!...ahahaha

Nice to see Ice & Snow... What is in pix #13???

hi phil !!!

mom + calf !!

mom on the left,hard to see, took the pic almost in the darkness !!

can t remember the year...97-98 i think,during moose hunting..there was no clear cuts back then..it was supposed to be a 20 mins walk between trees from road to brook...made a few mistakes (hahaha )...took 3 30 hrs to go back to camp !!!

i landed back on the road about half a mile on the right side of the 2 moose and still had 3 miles to walk back to camp...walked the last 2 in the darkness !!

great memories !!

finally a bit of sunshine here after a week or so of clouds ...-2c !!

jean-guy

Great pics!! I want to know how wet your feet are? I know what you were doing Monsieur Halle!! Those pics...you are IN the cold water!!

Great pics!! I want to know how wet your feet are? I know what you were doing Monsieur Halle!! Those pics...you are IN the cold water!!

salut linda !!!

hahhha !!!....gaspesian bushman know where to put their feet when they walk !!!hahaha!!!

my feet were humid a bit but not wet !!!

when to see ex operator this morning!!woooww !! very strong winds up there and tons of rain !!!

jean-guy

Master groomer

Your cabin has vert. post outside corners and 1/4 span on sides. are they piont load for interior trusses. I.E. is the cabin built with four main trusses that show then bridge over with 2x?

I like the look and of late have been drawling a place for my self. Location looks like north west corner of maine

Thank you hope all is well for you keep the photos coming sir it's still summer for some of us

hi artsled !!!

i was home !!! strange week !!!better not translate in quebecois...you could fall down your chair !!!

hahhahhaha !!!

hi rmk !!!

because my english is nt perfect ,i found those pics...don t forget a pic worth a thousand words...i don t know enough words to explain you correctly !!

few things.....logs are cedar....all 10' long....the first ones on floor are 8'' ...then going up wall...7 '' ..6 '' ..5'' and 4 '' in the top of roof !!

the floor is 20 ' x 32 '.....can t remember exactly ..we had 240 or 260 logs..used them all !!!

there must be 16 or 18 trusses..i was nt there when they built roof...

floor of mezzanine is 13' long !!!

its not a skill saw but looking similar to cut logs !!big one !!!

the wall with '' funny windows ''..patio door and big window...was shaky a bit...thats why we built a roof over porch....very stiff now !!

if you have questions don t be shy to ask !!!...

jean-guy

rmk !!!

saw your post this morning before going to camp..so, i took those pics !!

beam over table ,will fix it better...temporary...

my friend added 2 steel wires to stiff the wall with funny windows and patio door and we use it to dry clothes during moose hunting..

we put the wood stove in the corner back in sept...extra room a bit !!

i don t know when..we should move the stairs...should be the other way..from left to right !!

you should see kind of a sealer between logs.... '' energy seal ''...expensive....225.00 $$ for a 5 gallons..

jean-guy

looks like things are starting to shape up !!! Thanks my bearded friend . :drinks:

hi crazysnow !!!

great morning here !!! 4-5'' on ground and still snowing very lightly !!!

might take a spin with my 4w this afternoon!!!