Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

thanks mustang !!

good for you !!i ll return in that area ,nice place to take pics .i have nt been there in the last 4 years i think.about 50 miles from home .

on this pic ,la cache is 30 miles in front ,a bit on the left .if look closely ,up the middle of the pic about the 2/3 ,on the left ,the last mountain is mount noble.la cache is right at the other end.

faribault camps on trail 595 , about 20 miles on the left and home about 50 miles on the right .lots of new clearcuts in that area.

groomer !!! :drinks:

hi roadrunner !!

glad to hear from you !! well ,it s getting closer .just back from my camp,there s about 6 '' of snow (average ).i checked the forecast and we might have a storm in the middle of next week .i m ready to groom .just spent my last week end at the camp.brought my 4 wheelers and some more stuff back home .

friday, i saw 9 mooses in about 15 mins ,but the light was very poor ,cloudy.pics of the mooses are from yesterday ,saw 3 .

on the first pic you can see mountains of park matane ,trail 595 is completly on the right side of the pic.

hope to see you again next season !!!

• 2 weeks later...

back from the st fidele cb.left at 8 am ,back at 6 30 pm.between 8 '' to 14 '' .

rideable ....yes

conditions ..acceptable

checked a few times ,put the drag on the wheels and backed up a few feet.there s about 4 ''- 5 '' of packed snow.cross point side was nt groomed yet.

groomer !!!

hi stan !!

ha !! ha !! thanks !! good news !! and extra 4 '' this morning !! we should have a few more til tomorrow .- 8 c here . i should groom 2 local trails tomorrow if weather permit.

that extra snow will help to fix the natural ''whoops '' or bumps '' .not perfection yet ,but at least its rideable .

hi coldsmoke !!

it s even a little bit better today.about 5 '' of fresh snow since last night and still snowing .see you on tq 5 or at the clubhouse .

almost spent 11 hrs yesterday grooming.im out of shape ,ha !! ha !! my neck is very stiff today just by looking at the drag 90 % of the time .

i ll be on 2 local trails tomorrow and just talked with the v-p ,thursday we should be on tq 5 to put the signage .

Just Beautiful. Groomer did you put all 5,000 hours on that machine?

Wishing I were there...

hi phil !!

thanks !! we have the surtrac since february 00 .at that time we were 2 operators.i was grooming tq5 + one local trail and the other operator was grooming 4 local trails.at that time i was grooming about 400-450 hrs during the winter and the other operator about 125-150 hrs and i was helping him time to time because he was an elderly person and grooming 8-10 hrs in a row was already enough for him.he groomed tq5 once and never did it again .now since 4-5 years i groom everything alone ,ha !! ha !!

so i guess i must have at least the 2/3 of all those hrs.since i m alone it s 550-600 hrs per winter .i groom more than i sleep !!ha !! ha !! i said it before ,when tourist season begin roughly mid january til mid march ,it s just like i never wake up ,feel asleep most of the time or in the moon a bit .i wake up in the first week of april ha !! ha !!

february til mid march can be very crazy .grooming ,computer ,sleeping ,grooming ,computer ,sleeping all the time !! :wacko:

did nt take much pics today ,light has been poor most of the time .

Groomer,

You are a funny guy... "I groom more than I sleep". That is lots of hours in that machine... I would rather be there than riding my desk everyday.

Phil

Groomer,

You are a funny guy... "I groom more than I sleep". That is lots of hours in that machine... I would rather be there than riding my desk everyday.

Phil

ha !! ha !! would you like to trade ''seat '' with me ??? ha !! ha !!

must go to bed ,must be early tomorrow .i don t know how you say that in english ,but i just started ''knocking nails on the keyboard ''...time to go to bed !!

went back to the st fidele cb to put the sign up.it has been windy like hell all day long .saw 2 mooses on the way down.extra 4-5 '' of snow since last night.

went to check on the other side of the bridge and there s no signage and grooming on the cross point side yet.

groomer !!!

went back to the st fidele cb to put the sign up.it has been windy like hell all day long .saw 2 mooses on the way down.extra 4-5 '' of snow since last night.

went to check on the other side of the bridge and there s no signage and grooming on the cross point side yet.

groomer !!!

Do you think other clubs will open soon or will they wait until after the holidays?

hi snowbound !!

hope so !! what i think, most of the clubs began to groom this week and put the sign up .so i guess by the beginning of the next week will have more news about others .

it s just the time to install everything on the trail.i m on my way to put the sign up in town for about 3 hrs.i know clubs west from us began to groom earlier this week.

i guess patsy in chandler will have more news for you or us next week .

still windy here ,-12c

groomer !!!

pics from today .put the sign up in town this morning.then after supper , i was nt too happy ,took the axe again and broke my piggy bank for the second time since october and bought a new machine !! ha !! ha !! :D

we have a very minor problem on the surtrac and was unable to find somebody to fix it in town this afternoon.

so after supper went to albertville and brought the gilbert at home .will spend the day grooming tomorrow ,2 local trails.

groomer !!!

Nice pics groomer,it's been too many years since my last visit to the Gaspe region. Last time i was there i hooked up with a couple guys from Amqui at a meechoi at Fairibou and were invited back a couple weeks later to their homes, one of them had a machine shop called Ateliers Usinage Amqui (ring any bells) can't remember their names today but do remember their hospitality, top notch. :good:

Keep up the good work groomer, we need more people like you. :drinks: I hope that someday i can give back to the clubs as much as they have offered me.