Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

4 hours ago, groomer said:

jgh 9.jpg

Captain! 

This kind of TBK pic is a terrific reminder of what you and other caretakers deal with SO WE DON'T HAVE TO! 

God bless the boon-dockers!  But I LOVE me some GT's!  (Grooooooomed trails!)

Merci!

2 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Captain! 

This kind of TBK pic is a terrific reminder of what you and other caretakers deal with SO WE DON'T HAVE TO! 

God bless the boon-dockers!  But I LOVE me some GT's!  (Grooooooomed trails!)

Merci!

oui monsieur !!!

in quebecois ....we say '' some tbk '' ( drifts )...memorable night !!! don t see that every runs !!!

drifts like that ...you take time to stop and take a few pics !!! great memories !!!

i remember ....after crossing logging rd....started to think about that place...did nt waste my time.. ...i wanted to be there before complete darkness !!!

snowing lightly since mid morning ....about 1 inch now !!!.....-10c !!!

jean-guy

jgh 8.jpg

jgh 10.jpg

jgh 11.jpg

jgh 12.jpg

jgh 13.jpg

jgh14.jpg

jgh 15.jpg

jgh 16.jpg

bonjour !!!

mini update !!! went to amqui ...came back by the back roads behind lac saumon....stopped at the clubhouse to say hello to the waitress....

few locals there...need more snow....

in many fields ....snow has been blown ...better there s a few trees around ...

-20c  and sunny earlier this morning ...turning to grey sky now !!!

jean-guy

DSC_8755.JPG

DSC_8756.JPG

DSC_8781.JPG

DSC_8783.JPG

DSC_8784.JPG

DSC_8757.JPG

DSC_8792.JPG

DSC_8798.JPG

DSC_8809.JPG

DSC_8814.JPG

DSC_8819.JPG

DSC_8790.JPG

bonsoir roadrunner and pipeman !!!

bienvenue !!!

just back from driving up the farm ( local trails ) looking at the fields and trails...

sky was getting more grey if i can say that ...hope to get a good amount of snow to fix trails...

bonne année / happy new year !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0024 (9).JPG

1 hour ago, Phil 1 said:

The GPS said turn left...

Happy New Year JG 🍷

hi phil !!!

about right....he or she took the trail at the intersection of the lake and st alexandre ....drove 2 miles on the trail...must be '' city people '' ( ahahaha )...first time i see that jeep around here...about 15 years ago ...a woman did the samething ...instead of '' keep going ''...

she turned around about 200 ' behind that jeep ....sank her car off the trail...then back on the trail ...her son ....pedal to the metal made it to the road about 500 ' from there...

old  35 mm pic from the duniere reserve....'' bacon '' sector....saw 13 moose in less than 2 mins !!!

happy new year !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6497.JPG

39 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Well you know where you have to go first tomorrow after the snow. Jeeps don't make good groomers. 

Happy New Years Mon Ami!

hi smclelan !!!

yaaa...but i don t think ruts are very deep ...very windy there...not much snow on that  road right now....

good news...started snowing ...but very lightly for now !!!

happy new year to you too  !!!

jean-guy

DSC_8777.JPG

7 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

Happy new year jeune homme pouring rain here in Mtl. Boo hoo 5-10 cms they say more like 15-20 mms. Going canoeing tomorrow.

good morning jg !!!

bonne année !!! woowww...bad the rain ....

few pics to bring your spirit back up !!!....about 6'' of fresh snow ....still snowing ....but only -3c at 8 30 am at city hall..

snow is like whipped cream...slippery !!!

jean-guy

DSC_8831.JPG

DSC_8836.JPG

DSC_8843.JPG

DSC_8844.JPG

DSC_8856.JPG

DSC_8860.JPG

DSC_8864.JPG

DSC_8883.JPG

You keep the snow, just send me that one pile of wood!!

Hopefully this little dump will get things started for the winter in the Gaspesie.  

Just looked at your weather. Don't know if you are scheduled to go out grooming tonight, but conditions would be perfect for it. Fresh snow, then turning very cold. Hopefully the trails get a few hours to stiffen up with no traffic. It would be ideal. 

32 minutes ago, smclelan said:

You keep the snow, just send me that one pile of wood!!

Hopefully this little dump will get things started for the winter in the Gaspesie.  

Just looked at your weather. Don't know if you are scheduled to go out grooming tonight, but conditions would be perfect for it. Fresh snow, then turning very cold. Hopefully the trails get a few hours to stiffen up with no traffic. It would be ideal. 

no problem.....i drink rouge !!!! ...ahaha....you can add another 50' to the left ...there s a few piles like that ...forgot to check how many !!!

still snowing ...normally ...new year day ...i don t groom....why ...because if something happen to me...those who celebrate with families won t be available to help..probably more early tomorrow morning ....with that much snow....the second run will be better ...

posted earlier on the french forum....rimouski ...3 '' of snow......baie des chaleurs ....4 '' .....baie comeau.....4 '' ...maybe still snowing there too 

jean-guy

DSC_8838.JPG

DSC_8846.JPG

DSC_8848.JPG

DSC_8853.JPG

bonjour !!!

strange day ...went up the farm for a pirouette....on my way back....light rain ..black clouds.....down to gas station and at home ...light snow !!!

+1 c at city hall !!!

jean-guy

DSC_8896.JPG

DSC_8899.JPG

DSC_8902.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG

1 hour ago, Pipeman said:

Do you think there is enough to hook up my trailer and start driving north ? 😀

hi pipeman !!!

well , thats a 100.00$$$ question !!!....if i look at my  trails....like in town, where its narrow and lots of trees......for sure need more ....if you ride large roads...should be ok ...

fields should nt be too bad...hard to tell ...

windmills area where the trail is along the road...need more snow for sure ...

a guy from rdl wrote on the french forum...6-7  '' there !!!

maybe wait for a few reports...you ll have a better idea...rimouski begin grooming tomorrow ..

getting colder ....still snowing ...windy a bit 

jean-guy

DSC_0010 (3).JPG

DSC_0015 (4).JPG

DSC_0022 (2).JPG

DSC_0026 (1).JPG

2 hours ago, Pipeman said:

Thank you very much Jean Guy, I greatly appreciate you info as always since I’m 11 hours south 👍

bienvenue !!!

tough for me...have nt groomed since last 12 days or so ...just saw a video...club west of us are grooming ...

and i don t want you to drive that much hrs for so-so conditions

ill be on tq 5 and 1 local trail tomorrow morning !!!

ill post pics !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0056 (1).JPG

DSC_0105.JPG