Where I be?

iceman

Short ride

yesterday to st Michael from home 80% super 20 bad to rodeo

today same thing to Fer a Cheval. Great parts all the way to bad bad. That’s this season ride now or wish you did not wait.

Glad you got out Don. Enjoy the ride. What is that pretzel looking thing stuck into the cheesecake?

I agree with Steve on the meals (excluding Repos) I haven’t stayed at Cheval in almost 25 years now when it was the old place. Have been there several times for gas but that’s about it.

Hammered it to Marineau Mattawin from Fer a Cheval via Parent then Kanawata to Repo to Mattawin

276 miles 

i got turned around near Repo missed detour rode 12km on side of Logging Road

guy running log loader machine said many sleds passing he said 4km i would be at real trail. Further south more beat up it got but not terrible. 
90% awesome 10% still ok. 

picked safest hotel 

Police here from Ville Saguenay, Ville Terrebonne and Ville Trois Rivieres doing training together. Came upon this convention about 10km from bridge at Mattawin

They returned here so I had to go talk with them outside. It was the gang from Terrebonne the others were riding on then coming back. Nice guys.

12 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Glad you got out Don. Enjoy the ride. What is that pretzel looking thing stuck into the cheesecake?

I agree with Steve on the meals (excluding Repos) I haven’t stayed at Cheval in almost 25 years now when it was the old place. Have been there several times for gas but that’s about it.

Candy sugar? 

BTW the police were very impressed with our security precautions seeing the chain locking our sleds together. They seen people use bicycle security cables but they never seen real chain like Snohorse got. 

11 minutes ago, dooright said:

..got turned around near Repo missed detour rode 12km on side of Logging Road..

For sure lots of trail moved this season around there 

This years trak maps had me right on it. Oh well

I twisted myself around at that same spot last weekend.  Now that 345 pops out north of repos screwed up my sense of direction.  My trak maps is from 2016 so it’s not really up to date.

Ben left the horseshoe at least 3 years ago.  The place is now owned by the mining company that is prospecting the copper vein just north of the outfitter.  The two ladies running the joint now doo a great job.

I hope the prospecting doesn’t lead to mining in the area, that would be more problematic than logging. 

The WIFI password is the name of the company:  KINTAVAR.

There is a report on radio Canada on the whole operation.  I found a video on YouTube last summer showing some of the exploration.

Edited by Je me souviens