Western loop 2/25 - 3/1 --- 1547 miles 6 1/2 days...

Phil 1

Feb 25, rode 101 miles.

After arriving we rode a ½ day from St Sainte-Agathe, left vehicles at Watel, to Lac Nominingue stayed at Godard. Trail west from St Agathe is tight & twisty also a bit of road riding to get out, luckily there was fresh snow.

Feb 26, rode 279 miles.

West on 63 needed attention in places, corners were wooped up, new snow was soft and there was some traffic. Wanted to stay at La Verendyre, they were full, make reservations early. We continued to Lac La Truite. Noel and Charles were fantastic hosts. Very nice place to stay. The trail were mint once we got close to Beleterre.

Feb 27, rode 237 miles.

Woke to a sunny beautiful day. Rode to La Sarre stayed at Villa Repos. Picked La Sarre as I needed attention to my starter. Location Lauzon Inc., made an appointment at 8:00 AM on the 28th for service. They made an effective repair and on we went, I have had starter problems since I first owned this sled I have not had an issue since I left their shop…

Feb 28, rode 197 miles.

Grey snowy day, very difficult to see at times. Rode 93 East to the local 7 then north to Matagami at the recommendation of a member here. He had posted that if there was only one trail to ride the rest of his life that would be it. It was a very cool trail mostly on a pole line some flat and fast, a very long section that was a roller coaster…one place was very high with a view for 75 mile??? After we got on regional 396 we saw a Wolf running the trail in front of us just before Matagami, that was very cool. Stayed at Hotel Motel Matagani.

Feb 29, rode 225 miles.

Bright sunny day. South on 396 to Quevillion gas & some supplies. 93 to 83 to Lac Faillon, wanted to go to Balbuzard but did not have their phone number and did not want to chance them being full. From Lac Faillon to Balbuzard, in burnt area, things were pretty rough as was expected. No trees wind and loose snow made for a pretty rough 40 miles. The rest trails were nice.

Mar 1, rode 293 miles.

13 South was loved by two of us and two were ready to kill. 13 is twisty for a long time, I will ride it again. Slept at Rebaska, as we all know it is a very nice place, got 2 cabins had good food, drink and a bunch of laughs.

March 2, rode 218 miles.

Weather got warm and misty the kind that sticks to face shields…good thing it was near the end of the day. Back to Watel, trails as we approached the Parc national du Mont-Tremblanc were not so good. Lots of snirt, bumps and traffic. This was not totally unexpected, I will not kick off again from this area.

Overall we had a great ride only mechanical was my starter. More sun than anything else.

Please note that my camers and computer do not agree...dates and times are not correct.

Covered bridge...

Trout Lodge

Edited by Phil 1

For some reason I cannot upload any more pix...I am puzzled??? Says upload failed?

Nice trip Phil 1, we just missed each other. We started our trip from Godards on the 23rd, went up to Chibougamau and back. I did Matagami a few years back, my first trip on my 08 LTXGT, that power line trail leading down to St.Dominique was as you said, loved it.

You did a good job uploading the last few pics, whats going on? ya gotta a little gremlin running around in your PC. lol

JG

Did you check your control panel you may have to delete some previous photos. I haven't even downloaded my photos yet.

I will mess with it tonight Jim...I'll call you if I am stumped... :drinks:

wooow !!that first pic !!! :good:

you need to give a few tricks !!ha!!ha!!ha!!

you re getting better phil !!

jean-guy :drinks:

Thank you JG

Jim was right had to delete some old photos...

Where did you delete them from? I am having a similar problem, At the bottom of the page when I am posting just under the browse button and to the right of the Attach This File button it says used 51.13 MB of your 48.83 MB global upload quota not sure what hat means exactly but I figured it has something to do with it. :unsure: