Complexe hotelier Du Pre

KenP

Been trying to find this place last year & again this past weekend with no luck. Trail #538 seems to dead end in the village of Princeville. Tried all Cul de Sacs off of Trail 538 in & around Princeville & found no signage or passage to Hotel. Last year tried coming in from Plessisville & last weekend coming in from Victoriaville with still no luck finding the place. Its well advertized on the Chaudiere Appalaches/Centre du Quebec Snowmobile Map but lack's any signage on the Snowmobile Trails. Whats up with that? Ken P

Mark have been riding in Quebec for over 30 years & haven't needed a GPS yet & don't plan on getting one. If your establishment advertizes on the the Snowmobile Map for lodging whats wrong with putting up a few signs at Trail intersections??? Ken P

Mark have been riding in Quebec for over 30 years & haven't needed a GPS yet & don't plan on getting one. If your establishment advertizes on the the Snowmobile Map for lodging whats wrong with putting up a few signs at Trail intersections??? Ken P

Still riding the same snowmobile you had 30 years ago ?

With a GPS and a phone, I would have been there. The days of awesome signing are long gone, (victim of snow that arrives late and leaves early, and reduction of dollars and volunteers I suspect). Driving in circles looking for unfamiliar destinations is no fun, a good GPS helps with that.

Others may be successful using other options.

I am in the 100K+ mile range in Quebec, and have found the GPS over the last few seasons has reduced those stressful moments. Last trip, (600+ miles), quite a few intersections had no signs at all. In some area this is typical, yet we still manage.

Edited by markusvt

I have to agree with Markusvt on the GPS issue. I would not leave my doorstep without my GPS. I have been stopped in the middle of a blizzard in whiteout conditions and thanks to my GPS we have found our way as well as countless unmarked roads and intersections not to mention closed trails open rivers etc that we needed to find our way around. Oh yeah you can use it to tell people where you are when you are stranded in a blizzard as well! LOL

Andy

I have to agree with Markusvt on the GPS issue. I would not leave my doorstep without my GPS. I have been stopped in the middle of a blizzard in whiteout conditions and thanks to my GPS we have found our way as well as countless unmarked roads and intersections not to mention closed trails open rivers etc that we needed to find our way around. Oh yeah you can use it to tell people where you are when you are stranded in a blizzard as well! LOL

Andy

You made a good point. I started carrying a GPS 2 seasons ago, I never had to use it and I do not have it mounted, I just keep it in my bag incase it is needed. I am also going to rent a Sattelite phone this year when I come up for the emergency that I hope never happens.

I agree with Markus, Andyman and SM on the gps, a great tool for riding trails especially when you have the trail system loaded on, and a necessity for off trail riding.

I am using the Garmin Montana, the same unit that you would get from Skidoo with their gps program. Have found the unit to have a great visual screen and very easy to use compared to the garmin cx60 and delorme units that I have used in the past, and much more capable than the garmin nuvi that I tried one year. A very nice tool for sure RR

Mon itinéraire fait sur ViaExplora.com

Suivre ce lien :

http://www.viaexplora.com/motoneige?unit=km&lat=46.184167&lng=-71.832042&zoom=12&force=1&ewaypoints=4619718,-7186363,-451,-1339&cst=1.0,1.01,1.05&csts=&cstr=1.01&spd=50000,50000,50000&attraits=H

I LOVE my Montana 650! And I rent a sat phone for the season, just to keep ahead of Murphy's Law.

Bring everything you hope to never need! Maybe it'll come in handy in helping someone else on the trail?

Cradle: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=89575

Mount: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=8130

I've run into the sign issue a few times where a hotel has a sign every 5 miles up until you get to the town then the signs disappear???

I resisted buying a GPS because I never needed it either. I have been using a GPS the last few seasons & love it!

Andy

Zumo 550,maps,compass,sense of direction and common sense is what I use. Has done me well in 15 + yrs in QC.

PS: Just picked up a new 2012 GSX 800,Ice Ripper track,GPS and outside carbides. Ready to roll,heading up on Sun for a week.

I use the nuvi 550 for the last 3 years. Been very happy with it.

Schooter