Clova...4 sleds parked on the track hit by train...no injuries

lindasledgirl

I dont under stand? phill I know a place I can park your sled for you no questions asked hell Ive had several I wanted to park like that I just never had good luck

I was thinking the same thing but did not dare type it... :diablo:=@:diablo:

you have till next thurs to change your mind. I used to let the keys in mine over night never a sucker

Still at the dealer BRP is going to weld the hole and cracks where the tower brace cracked the tunnel it most likely wont be done for a couple weeks...Just in time for Spring...

Never been to Clova and tracks were covered????

There are big train lights at the crossing and if your a Québécois, a rural train station should be easily identified, these people were obviously ignorant and got what they deserved. Sad to say for some and glad they didn't get hurt but maybe they'll pay more attention next time. The sight of seeing those sleds flying through the air would have been priceless.

What kind've dealer is that Phil? Weeks to do some welding...warranty work you should've left your sled in Canada, I lost a wheel last week end and it turns out the wheel took some of the rail with it too, removed suspension Monday night, Tuesday in welding shop, picked it up Wednesday night, suspension installed tonight. Leave it to Canadians we can fix sleds....so they can be ridden the same season. Next time leave it here.

I rode with some guys from Danbury CT on Wednesday last week out of St.Donat, one of the sleds broke down, something stupid, a rear axle bearing let go and the wheel was gone, rider said his dealer in CT i believe he said it was Herman's did his preseason inspection, ha!!! Baloney with a capital B!!!

X2 on getting repairs up here. They do not fool around.

Funny Mentioning Hermans they are Polaris Dealer in Brewster, NY right next to Danbury, CT.

Know the place well. I used to do business there years back. Before I saw the Light.

Small world.

I would still bet they had never been to Clova before. Or they took the beers in Parent at the Central. lol.

Edited by iceman

Of all the times I have been there, I have never seen a train on the tracks. Most of the time, the tracks are completely covered, and they are recessed into the road to my recollection. Now as Iceman says, there are really big signs there, and as Viper says, there are a tiny bit away from where you normally would park.

Maybe we can take away something positive, no one was hurt, and we all need to be careful out there. I have seen trains at the crossings in the middle of the woods, in the middle of nowhere, and the trains are going very, very fast.

Trains, log trucks, and the occasional dirt pile and tree is out there, ready to get you at any time.

What kind've dealer is that Phil? Weeks to do some welding...warranty work you should've left your sled in Canada, I lost a wheel last week end and it turns out the wheel took some of the rail with it too, removed suspension Monday night, Tuesday in welding shop, picked it up Wednesday night, suspension installed tonight. Leave it to Canadians we can fix sleds....so they can be ridden the same season. Next time leave it here.

I rode with some guys from Danbury CT on Wednesday last week out of St.Donat, one of the sleds broke down, something stupid, a rear axle bearing let go and the wheel was gone, rider said his dealer in CT i believe he said it was Herman's did his preseason inspection, ha!!! Baloney with a capital B!!!

BRP is involved, Tig welders are not readily available here so time. Bottom line is that BRP does not care. It is a band-aid anyway there is an 8" area that is cracked and bent up on that VERY thin tunnel, The tunnel needs to be replaced. Basically I am done for the year, will see what happens next...

iceman I did not know extent of damage till I was home, most likely not ride this one again anyway, can't trust it always on a tow rope...

iceman how is the riding position on that Yamaha? There are 2013 Apex XTX's here in USA for $3,000 -4,000 off retail from what I see the 2014's are no different than 13's.

No real change on 14 Apex XTX.

The Riding Position is very different then the BRP if you ask me. So it would definately take some getting use to coming off the Doo.

I realize the Big machine that the Apex is, is not for everyone. For me I like the Heavy Sled and it takes a licking keeps on ticking.

Very Different.

If you like the Position on the Doo just go for a 1200. Sorry not very schooled on the BRP exact Models.

If the punch of the 4 banger in the Apex is not something you must have, then think about a Vector with the EPS. Great sled too.

I ride only in Quebec and groom trail so the Apex for me is the one.

No real change on 14 Apex XTX.

The Riding Position is very different then the BRP if you ask me. So it would definately take some getting use to coming off the Doo.

I realize the Big machine that the Apex is, is not for everyone. For me I like the Heavy Sled and it takes a licking keeps on ticking.

Very Different.

If you like the Position on the Doo just go for a 1200. Sorry not very schooled on the BRP exact Models.

If the punch of the 4 banger in the Apex is not something you must have, then think about a Vector with the EPS. Great sled too.

I ride only in Quebec and groom trail so the Apex for me is the one.

Wish I had ridden Tom's Apex when we were there. I only ride Quebec also and would love the punch of that big 4...I can get use to and ride anything weight is not all bad when it comes to trailriding, obviously the DOO is TOO LIGHT not enough tin in the garbage can. Buddies that ride the 1200 GSX SE it is the luxury Doo have been bullet proof, but BRP has me pissed right now. Winter is short and I am sitting here with a sour sled...

Of all the times I have been there, I have never seen a train on the tracks. Most of the time, the tracks are completely covered, and they are recessed into the road to my recollection. Now as Iceman says, there are really big signs there, and as Viper says, there are a tiny bit away from where you normally would park.

Maybe we can take away something positive, no one was hurt, and we all need to be careful out there. I have seen trains at the crossings in the middle of the woods, in the middle of nowhere, and the trains are going very, very fast.

Trains, log trucks, and the occasional dirt pile and tree is out there, ready to get you at any time.

I couldn't agree more,be safe gang !

BRP is involved, Tig welders are not readily available here so time. Bottom line is that BRP does not care. It is a band-aid anyway there is an 8" area that is cracked and bent up on that VERY thin tunnel, The tunnel needs to be replaced. Basically I am done for the year, will see what happens next...

iceman I did not know extent of damage till I was home, most likely not ride this one again anyway, can't trust it always on a tow rope...

iceman how is the riding position on that Yamaha? There are 2013 Apex XTX's here in USA for $3,000 -4,000 off retail from what I see the 2014's are no different than 13's.

shame for all the above. florida snow man and I are riding next week jump in my rig and try a rental for the week. Look at the bright side the year started rough but you will end on a poss note and have a better feel for what you like. Door to door no charge and zero joke's about insurance reps you have my word on that one.

There ya go Phil, a ride up and down to Canada, trail riding with guys you've ridden with before. Rent a Yamaha for the ride, you don't like it, it goes back and you're not out 12gs and you know what you like and don't.

I rented an Apex XTX '13 at the Gathering for the day, i tried a Vector LT at the demo and I'm hooked on the Apex for power and comfort meanwhile the Vector has agility and good fuel mileage, still leaning towards the Apex though.

Rent one Phil and go for a nice trip/ride.

mcstar is it a XTX 144" or a 128"? With Powersteering?

The xtx is $11,399.00, i dont think the other one has power steering, XTX is 144 with eps, the regular one is 128

Edited by mcstar

Depending what comes out tonight....mine might be for sale!

Just at the dealer this morning looking at a GSX. He told me 900 4stroke 100 HP that is all he would let out. By the way the GSX was a 1200 SE 2013 cash price was $9800.00.

XTX! XTX! XTX!

It's really really true what Yam says about: Pow float of 144", bump bridge of 136", and turns like a 121" on the hard packed with the EPS.

Screw the Vector mileage and just get you one (or two) of these!... http://www.rotopax.com/1-Gallon-Gasoline-Pack-Mount.html

You'll just need to bolt on some exhaust flares out to the sides.

Wow Dave, that's quite the deal. I briefly drove a friend's GSX 12 and loved it. The only thing that would stop me from buying one, besides not affording it, was the straight handlebars. All the other SkiDoos have the bend near the ends, and I find those far better. And anyone thinking of an Apex, great sled, just make sure you can stand the engine noise, some people can, some can't. Also couple friends say gas mileage on the Apex isn't so good if you are a fast rider. Nice sled though, just keep those two things in mind, whereas the Vector has great gas mileage and is far quieter. mike