This is not good

182ray

Very sad disaster. I have stayed overnight a few times over the years in Lac Megantic and have snowmobiled thru the town dozens of times. My camp in Maine was just south of the border with Megantic.

If anyone hears of a fund to help these good people, please post it, and the best way for a US citizen to send funds across the border.

Mike

Very sad disaster. I have stayed overnight a few times over the years in Lac Megantic and have snowmobiled thru the town dozens of times. My camp in Maine was just south of the border with Megantic.

If anyone hears of a fund to help these good people, please post it, and the best way for a US citizen to send funds across the border.

Mike

hi mikerider !!

found this !!

http://www.redcross.ca/who-we-are/newsroom-/news-releases/latest-news/red-cross-in-lac-megantic-to-come-to-the-aid-of-ev?lang=en-ca

jean-guy

Mike

Sad, good friend Michelle Provo owns Hotel Sur Du Lac. Been there a ton, great food + bar

Many northern Maine towns sent fire crews the first couple days. Two firefighters, retired from large US fire departments and now on small volunteer Maine fire departments, were interviewed on TV. They said the Megantic fire was unlike anything they had ever witnessed, nothing even close.

mike

Hell on Earth. No words can describe the loss so many have experienced there.

Not to mention the scumbags who went in and robbed so many homes there while the people were under mandatory evacuations.

What is wrong with people these days.

Just not right.

If this train was parked west of Lac Megantic in Nantes & headed east bound (according to reports) & the locomotives were at the front how did the tankers cars get around the locomotives?

In all the pictures & videos I have only seen tank cars not locomotives. There is one video where you can see the blinking red light on the last tank car.

How unfortunate that it is a down hill run into Lac Megantic!

If this train was parked west of Lac Megantic in Nantes & headed east bound (according to reports) & the locomotives were at the front how did the tankers cars get around the locomotives?

In all the pictures & videos I have only seen tank cars not locomotives. There is one video where you can see the blinking red light on the last tank car.

How unfortunate that it is a down hill run into Lac Megantic!

From reading some more reports it appears the whole train was a run away not just the tanker cars. The locomotives didn't derail & came to rest some where just outside the town.