July 4th week end atv ride

Trailblazer

Myself, HPARaptor and a long time friend Vrini trailered up Saturday morning from Montreal to le Chutes Windigo in Montagne Diable to begin our 700klm atv journey to Clova and back. Our plans were to head up to Rabaska and cross the river and head up the Lepine road to the Tamarac in Clova, at Rabaska we got some bad news, the bridge to cross the river had been closed by Transport Quebec last September and will remain closed 'till further notice.

This meant we had to take the long way up through Ste.Anne du Lac, Lunic, Parent and over to Clova, given the long drive up, the ride to Rabaska and our lunch stop there, our journey to Clova began only at 1:30, the guys at Rabaska thought we were crazy to start a ride like that, that late in the day. I had only one thing to say, ATVing is always an adventure.

We arrived in Clova at 7:45 with out a hitch and were well recieved by Carol & Alain, as always the hospitality and cooking was absolutely outstanding and had actually won Vrini over who's a restaurant owner, he even offered Carol job, he'll be a repeat customer.

Rabaska Bridge

HPARaptor got a kick out of the name of this place

Intersection for Lunic and 100Lacs

Our host in Clova

Real convienent to have on board plus at the touch of a button on the handle bar he can control his Fox Air Float shocks.

Parents post WWII Radar Station

Ferry crossing just south of Parent on the 13 sled trail

Hydro lines north of le Fer a Cheval on sled trail

Le Fer a Cheval

The GPS will tell you there's a road there but it won't tell you about this, there was more of this up a head so we had to double back 10k to RECALCULATE!

Somewhere in the wild

And the journey comes to an end

Very nice. I have been dreaming about riding up to Clova on Lepine in the summer for a few years now, really sucks about the bridge. Using an ice crossing in the winter isn't a great long term solution either. I really hope that bridge crossing gets re-opened one way or another in the near future. Nonetheless sounds like you had a great ride up to Clova after that initial discovery. If you have more pictures or info about the long way around, I would love to hear about them, are you headed to the summer gathering?

More pics please - looked like a lot of fun

Great ride, first time riding open roads like that. I'm spoiled, local trails have NO comparison! Riding at 2/3 throttle in 5th gear, bouncing off the speed limiter sucks. Need to modify that for the next ride!

A BIG thank you to Trailblazer for coordinating the ride. Can't wait to return.

woow !!

wish i could do a trip like that !!

thx for the pics !!

jean-guy

I will take you Jean-Guy! Where do you want to ride?

L

We did an ATV ride for my batchelor party in St. Zenon. What a BLAST! It is truly AMAZING how different the landscape is in the summer. Would love to go back!

I cant keep up. Ordered 2 new Gades. I'm trying to save up for a Spyder and now after this you are going to make me want to go out and buy some quads!

Nice report and pics. I think that is something I just might be interested in.

What's wrong with riding with us?

Wait, I get it. Don't want to be caught riding with a sport quad? Is that it?

I can ride! Let's make a plan for this Fall! We did one last year at the camp...best ride I have done.

I can ride! Let's make a plan for this Fall! We did one last year at the camp...best ride I have done.

Sweet! Looking forward to riding with you. Thanks for the pictures, looks like a good ride. Do you have any video from the gopro?

woow !!

wish i could do a trip like that !!

thx for the pics !!

jean-guy

JG, anytime, you just let me know when you're ready.

Very nice. I have been dreaming about riding up to Clova on Lepine in the summer for a few years now, really sucks about the bridge. Using an ice crossing in the winter isn't a great long term solution either. I really hope that bridge crossing gets re-opened one way or another in the near future. Nonetheless sounds like you had a great ride up to Clova after that initial discovery. If you have more pictures or info about the long way around, I would love to hear about them, are you headed to the summer gathering?

More pics please - looked like a lot of fun

Going to the Gathering, yes. A few more for you Je me souviens.

We took a little swim here on our lunch break

A few on the way up

Great trip report Jean-Guy! Looks like a fun time. How is that Yamaha rebuild going? Hope you're having a fantastic summer.

Enjoy,

Tom

Rebuild haven't started yet Tom, been stripping and ordering parts, I am currently waiting for my custom made 144 tipped up rails then I start the teadiest process of putting it all back together. Got a few surprises too, ha ha ha.

I will take you Jean-Guy! Where do you want to ride?

L

If you build it they will come. Let's do a group ride.

I cant keep up. Ordered 2 new Gades. I'm trying to save up for a Spyder and now after this you are going to make me want to go out and buy some quads!

Nice report and pics. I think that is something I just might be interested in.

It's a bitch keep'n up eh! lol Rent one first.

Those trails do look nice compared to the boulder strewn trails we ride on. Once I get my Razor Me and the wife would love to make a few trips up North!

It's unbelievable what's under those smooth groomed trails, you could not imagine, a big thumbs up up to the groomers.

look like a very nice ride boys :spiteful:

except for the bugs that try to eat you and the dust, summer is really great for riding...

So much great spots to explore...thanks for sharing!!

take care...

:drinks:

Alain

Thanks Alain but I like your ride better. lol Le Gite looks real nice in Parent.