Ok let's talk Winter Gathering 2014.

crazysnow

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not making the gathering but whatever is goona be your stop you all need to pick and get calling. That is a Friday Night and you need to be somewhere. Better get it sorted. You are not talking about 1 or 2 rooms you are a pretty big group no?

With Clova out of the Plan then you options to stay are pretty much all given above. Having Forrestal as Saturday night makes 83 the only real option. Too long the other way from Rabaska. On 63. Its not like there are alot of choices out that way.

I think we should pull out of Val Dor ride north east or east. Val Dor low snow so far and with clova uncertain...my thoughts are lets look for a place for sat night to 'Gather" I am happy to call and see what I can find. Even the 100 lacs place...where would we stay, I was there twice last year, nice people but they won't handle a big crowd well.

Just my thoughts

Linda

What if we try to do the Saturday night at Rabaska? Is that big enough? Or do a loop from Rabaska to Mekoos, it has lots of room if available.

We are 6, and same, ready to ride, week off.

I am trying to think of places that are big enough that I can call and check availability for us.

100 lacs.......

They were not nice to our group, but to each their own.

We were the only ones there and they told us that we were late for lunch....it was 2 PM, didn't know we needed reservations.

Our experience though, maybe a bad day for the old guy but I won't be back. Only bad experience I've ever had in Quebec.

Nice looking place though. How about that big lodge down the road a ways? Meekos?

Edited by gizz

So Rabaska to Latuque to Rabaska ride out of Rabaska to Devil's Mtn Area Day trip.

Sounds doable to me.

I will check maps later today.

GutZ

Rabaska is booked for Sat and sunday night, no room for anyone.

100 lacs.......

We were the only ones there and they told us that we were late for lunch....it was 2 PM, didn't know we needed reservations.

Our experience though, maybe a bad day for the old guy but I won't be back. Only bad experience I've ever had in Quebec.

Nice looking place though. How about that big lodge down the road a ways? Meekos?

Rabaska is calling mekoos for us this morning to check as to what is available.

x2 on the 100 lacs, not my pick for a big group. But we won't have much choice if we stay in this area.

100 Lacs has history with QR, it was the venu for the very first QR Gathering.

For sure ya can't please everyone but time is a ticking here folks and the weekends get filled up quick in these outfitters, they are not only promoting in this country.

Mekoos certainly is a beautiful place for a Gathering just keep in mind it's only a 2 hr ride from the Rabaska, should it be the case that the Gathering will be held there on a Saturday night then I will cancel out my Reservations at the Rabaska and ride directly to Mekoos from home.

Let's all knock our noggins together and come up with something that will work out.

100 lacs.......

never been to 100 lacs but have never had any luck at Mekoos, we have stopped a few times and they never have food!

You mean they tell you they don't have any or aren't serving?

If so that's very strange however they are more of a fine dining kind of place, maybe the 100 lacs is too but the guy could've just said that and we would've been fine with it. Instead he started slamming place mats down and literally telling us it's not too funny.....and to be honest with you we weren't even close to laughing although we did after that as we paid for our fuel and left.

I guess that's why I sometimes prefer the more older and more rustic by nature kind of places. Either way I guess we can only go by what we've experienced