Ok let's talk Winter Gathering 2014.

crazysnow

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Dominic reached out to anyone on QR.com in reference to him having allegedly purchased the Tamarac? Has anyone reached out to Dominic?

2 important questions.

Tom

This is certainly an option that should be explored. Everyone has plans now to head toward that area.

This is certainly an option that should be explored. Everyone has plans now to head toward that area.

If that is true about Dominic going behind Carol and Als back to pay cash to Martin to buy the Tamarac, I personally have no interest in giving Dominic a penny of my money that's for sure. Not that Martin is any better for screwing Carol and Al who are related. It's amazing how greedy some get over money.

what's wrong with the place?

you cant please everyone!

I have never had an issue with the place. Been staying there since the late 90's. I now just use it as a launching pad to park my truck and trailer. Large dining area, large bar room and 3 floors with rooms & beds. Make up your mind they do get full on the weekend!!

Dominique at Rabaska would like to know if you are cancelling or keeping your reservation. As much notice as possible would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Linda

There is Also Real Masse 20 miles down the trail from Cabanon. Again lots of rooms, Cabins and a large Restaurant. Trails will most likely be rough in this area pulling in towards the evening, but they do a great job grooming and everything should be smooth in the morning when you leave. Just my .02 cents. You need rooms they have them at these 2 places.

I cant make it to the gathering, we will be up the week before.

Dominique at Rabaska would like to know if you are cancelling or keeping your reservation. As much notice as possible would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Linda

as soon as we know what is planned!

I actually made last minute plans to Mont Laurier for a few days this week and may go by Rabaska.....it's sure going to be cold this weekend!!

I have never had an issue with the place. Been staying there since the late 90's. I now just use it as a launching pad to park my truck and trailer. Large dining area, large bar room and 3 floors with rooms & beds. Make up your mind they do get full on the weekend!!

That whole area is way to crowded. I made the mistake of staying at Cabannon one night for the first time last year. What a zoo, moguls all the way in. Next morning moguls all the way out towards Mt laurier. Tug Hill flashbacks! Sleds everywhere. Never again

Thanks

Linda

Who is you, are you referring to everyone that has reserved there for the run up to Clova?

Yes anyone that knows they aren't going to Rabaska. She asked that we just let her know as soon as possible.

You mean they tell you they don't have any or aren't serving?

If so that's very strange however they are more of a fine dining kind of place, maybe the 100 lacs is too but the guy could've just said that and we would've been fine with it. Instead he started slamming place mats down and literally telling us it's not too funny.....and to be honest with you we weren't even close to laughing although we did after that as we paid for our fuel and left.

I guess that's why I sometimes prefer the more older and more rustic by nature kind of places. Either way I guess we can only go by what we've experienced

Most of the outfitters in these areas do not consider them selves as a Relais, they are not interested in serving soup and coffee. They want to cater to guests stay the evening with them, supper wine drinks the room and breakfast. Just their style and the way they do business.

100 lacs.......

They were not nice to our group, but to each their own.

We were the only ones there and they told us that we were late for lunch....it was 2 PM, didn't know we needed reservations.

Our experience though, maybe a bad day for the old guy but I won't be back. Only bad experience I've ever had in Quebec.

Nice looking place though. How about that big lodge down the road a ways? Meekos?

Gizz you probably didn't put on the slippers LOL, then you put your wet gear by the fireplace a big no no and then heaven forbid you took a glass downstairs :rofl: my gosh that is a beautiful place and a nice spot but I could barely handle the stress there!