Trail Conditions 2014

Saguenay Bill

Yesterday revct1, revct2 and myself did the "Tour du Lac St-Jean". Weather was great, trails were great as well. The 6 long lakers left with us and then headed up to Chibougamau.

This morning was maintenance day. Jack had to replace a headlight in Sandi's sled and I had to change the oil in mine. After a great lunch here at the Delta we rode 130 miles on freshly groomed trails.

View of Mont Valin from 383

attachicon.gifSnowmobiling 2014 003.JPG

Maintenance Day and you rode 130 miles. :clapping:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran into this gentleman a week or two ago between RDL and Montmagny. He was guiding at the time and immediately remembered meeting me in the past. I know I met him a few years ago, not sure if maybe I was with Bill at the time.

mike

This morning was not a good Yamaha day. Three would not start, had to be taken to Evasion Sport. After getting them shipped off to Evasion 4 of the 6 Long Lakers when down to La Baie to check out the fishing huts. Only rode about 90 miles.

Pictures of "heavy tow".

post-2-0-91258300-1392774313_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-32156600-1392774371_thumb.jpg

Bauxite freighter waiting to dock, also parasailer doing his think

post-2-0-57162100-1392774415_thumb.jpg

So Bill, tell us about the gentleman who you posted a picture of a couple days ago (the guide). Where did you run into

him? Seems he is all over the place.

I think I was with you or Ray the first time I met him. Saw him couple weeks ago near RDL.

mike

He was born in NB, now lives in Gaspe. He is a guide for the SD dealer out of St Michael. I met him last year at Onatchiway and saw his green Mohawk go past me several times on the trail. He is a real funny guy. Don't know his name but only know him by the Mohawk.

Yesterday the Long Lakers and I rode 200 miles. Showed them where WW II was won, pickle Park Hill 2340' elevation and the look out on Bras Louis, 2840' elevation. Had lunch at Onatchiway. Came back thru Labrecque.

post-2-0-74214700-1392899743_thumb.jpg

Yesterday the Long Lakers and I rode 200 miles. Showed them where WW II was won, pickle Park Hill 2340' elevation and the look out on Bras Louis, 2840' elevation. Had lunch at Onatchiway. Came back thru Labrecque.

post-2-0-74214700-1392899743_thumb.jpg

He was born in NB, now lives in Gaspe. He is a guide for the SD dealer out of St Michael. I met him last year at Onatchiway and saw his green Mohawk go past me several times on the trail. He is a real funny guy. Don't know his name but only know him by the Mohawk. I bumped into him last weekend (cant miss him) @ a club house On TQ # 3 He said the rental place he works for has 600 sled out all over PQ. His group was heading to petite manor for the night

Yesterday the Long Lakers and I rode 200 miles. Took them to $1,000,000 hill and then lunch in Anse St Jean. Trails were great.

Today were rode 150 miles. I had to get back as my wife is going to dinner and the Steeve Desgagne show. This is my Valentine present to her. One of the Long Lakers told me he was on the Today show not to long ago.

Long Lakers and Michigan Rev at Isle Maligne power generating facility]

post-2-0-85166900-1393017792_thumb.jpg

Edited by Saguenay Bill

Bll Just a quick note to say thanks to you and JD for your hospitality , it was great riding with you again, and meeting the new pup.

we're sat in Montreal airport waiting for our flight home!!! It was great meeting old friends and making new one's we had a blast!!!

Now we start planning next year. So once again many many thanks.

Pat and Gary

Today we did the "Tour du Lac-St-Jean, 240 miles. Trails were great up until about 3PM. Then we saw the effects of a great day of Sunday riding. Not too bad as we rode the last 120 miles in 3 1/2 hours. Stop this morning for a Pee break and what did I see but this.

post-2-0-16753500-1393207864_thumb.jpg

Iceman you are a Hank Snow "I've been every where man, I've been every where".

"been there stickered that" lol.

Keep looking there's more.........

If the powers that be here send me a stack of QR stickers I will see they get distrubuted throughout the Province as well, no charge for installation.

Edited by iceman