my trail report

182ray

Yes all the way from the delta on 83.

From delta trails were 8-10

When you get into Wes........ Not by a map

There is no gas and the trail marking is poor.

When come intown you come to the first intersection and make a right on the road and go out across a single lane bridge. You end up riding a mile or so of plowed road.

I would plan on not getting gas there So relay 22 to parent is 150 miles.

But there is plenty of snow and the groomers have been out

From Clova to buzzard there is a section of trail that is tight with low hanging trees. ~ 10

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When come intown you come to the first intersection and make a right on the road and go out across a single lane bridge. You end up riding a mile or so of plowed road.

From Clova to buzzard there is a section of trail that is tight with low hanging trees. ~ 10

Could get gas at Kanawata before Parent correct? and I believe Casey is no more either if I recall, boyfriend left her then she closed down a yr or 2 later ?? Shame I liked that little place.

Could get gas at Kanawata before Parent correct? and I believe Casey is no more either if I recall, boyfriend left her then she closed down a yr or 2 later ?? Shame I liked that little place.

Kanawata is about 40 miles off the 83, not a real option traveling east/west on the 83

Ray.

Thank you for being the trail boss while bill was out of pocket.

Wow! you were lucky, as Bill says when Ray takes the lead he's so far out front 2nd man becomes trail boss !!!!!

So after leaving Relais 22 if Wemontaci fails to have gaz the next option is Parent?

or drop into Kanawata and back up to 83. Nothing on 83 before Parent. Well Gouin but that is way up there. Kanawata is closer but still a way off 83.

Heading from Cabanon to Windigo next month via repos Kanawata Casey weymontici then windigo. I was counting on gas and prefer not to go La Tuque way into Windigo. Hopefully, weymo opens up for gas soon as prefer not to run so close to empty.

If heading east/west, drop down into Casey. If snow cover is good or recent snow, there is a road about 1 mile north of Casey. A few years back, owner of Casey restaurant, helped us out make up time as we hit some morning sled delays on our way to Clova. If you take that road westward, you drop right into a trail just outside of town of Parent and this cut off lots of time and miles. Look on google maps or local qc road site....we did 80 comfortably on this wide road.

I'll pay it. My sled doesn't push very easily. I think Kanawata to windigo is 100 miles and Relais 22 is 125 so I'm ok with a 4Tec, but rather be safe than sorry.

Put a jerry can on the back for peace of mind. We all carry them and have all used them

Heading up for our second trip this morning. Leaving from Temiskaming then taking the 63 to 83 to 93 over to Mont Valin back down and across the 83 to Parent over to Senneterre and back down departing Feb 2. Bon Jour !! :clapping:

Just got in to the delta.

Left Chibougamau at 7:30. Got in about 6:00 our route was 285 miles

93 Was great got gas in two location relay barre Nordic (spelling not right )

And then the lumber camp when leaving the lumber camp as you cross the road the trail right there ( no signs) we went straight into the lumbering.

About 30 miles from the logging place there is a down hill left turn that is a wash out that is all frozen. Passable just need to be careful

The first sled we passed today was 165 miles out Chibougamau

Very limited sleds on the trails

We had at least 100 miles of freshly groomed trails that we were the first sleds

Do not know about cafe at 54.

We kept moving.

Yes there was gas at Desmaraisville. The two ladies in the store were GREAT I did not get what there hours are.

Yesterday was worst then today.

Sleds did not want to start. And the the steering was very tight. Until we stopped and let the temp in the motor compartment thaw things out

Today I was either sweating and then fogging up or frosted up from the cold

But the trails the last to days have been great it is the first time I have been that far west on 83 and up to Chibougamau

One more day of sledding tomorrow planning on lunch at the Revage

Andy , I posted in the general section but just to recap everything in Temiscaming and north has been excellent; the 63 , 83 ,93 all perfect. DVDs the 83 between ball buzzard and clova was good. Stayed in Kanawarta last night , nice place . Jam up to st Felecien is very good also couple inches of snow last night. Been a lil cold -35 and - 31 but a balmy -17 now