Skidoo

lindasledgirl

I like yamaha's, I only switched because it was too heavy and rode up on one ski all the time. I like the ski doo for my riding style. Maybe when I get older I will go back to a Yamaha. We know I won't get stronger :sorry:

Might just want to check out a 2015 AXYS Switchback ................ just sayen :search:

timbo

Now If Polaris just gave me a reliable 4 stroke I would go back in a heart beat! The new Switchback looks sweet! Dont get me wrong, I like my Renegade, it is a pretty good sled, but not as good as my Switchback was. I also like the 900Ace on the Gade but it needs longer legs on the top end.

Lot's of updates.

DESS II

RAS II

More color options.

More track options.

New mountain ski.

New mountain tracks and options.

New hand guards.

New Throttle for ACE motors, (reversible).

900 put into more utility models.

Available tip out mirrors.

No new motors.

Edited by markusvt

I like the new colours. I think we are all too dark, black and white is the colour of your background when you ride. I would love to see some colour on the trail for safety.

Plus its a sign we are getting old if we can't handle change!

Did you see the lights on the hand guards? part#860200981

I have to agree, being the last ones to an otherwise boring line-up from the other 3 they had a golden opportunity and they blew it. Even if they just gave us another 25 hp from the 1200 everyone would have been happy and that motor has left a lot on the table, 3 injectors and 3 throttle bodies along with a triple tuned exhaust header, a little more cam timing and a little more ignition, presto, the most powerful, and reliable engine in a normally aspirated four stroke, and that would have raised the bar for Yamaha who basically just got handed a free pass from ski-doo. Very disappointing and we loose.

I have to agree, being the last ones to an otherwise boring line-up from the other 3 they had a golden opportunity and they blew it. Even if they just gave us another 25 hp from the 1200 everyone would have been happy and that motor has left a lot on the table, 3 injectors and 3 throttle bodies along with a triple tuned exhaust header, a little more cam timing and a little more ignition, presto, the most powerful, and reliable engine in a normally aspirated four stroke, and that would have raised the bar for Yamaha who basically just got handed a free pass from ski-doo. Very disappointing and we loose.

That's what us 1200 owners where looking for. Looks like I'll keep my 12' 1200 another year, she'll roll past the 10,000 mile mark next trip, other then the broken secondary spring, and compressor for the air ride, trouble free!

I must say that there was some nice upgrades the key thing was way overdue.

And this one model starting to grow on me a little. Little flashy but it looks like everyone's going that way

I'm still big Fan of the all blacked out model.

Some nice new Big Storage. Always good . But you probably lose the gas can because of it.

Oh well we can't have it all.

Edited by crazysnow

Crazy snow, the color scheme is great...but that windshield does not look too warm in a winter like this one. I just do not get all the attention the real mountain sleds are getting from a Canadian company who surely knows the deal with going off of the groomed trail is a big deal breaker with landowners.

Crazy snow, the color scheme is great...but that windshield does not look too warm in a winter like this one. I just do not get all the attention the real mountain sleds are getting from a Canadian company who surely knows the deal with going off of the groomed trail is a big deal breaker with landowners.

Bob. I hear what you saying. That low windshield is part of X package just another money making scheme. I think the snowmobile companies are really gearing towards the younger crowd. Us older die heart snowmobilers.... they got us already and they know it. Edited by crazysnow

What is it with the secondary springs on these things. My 2013 secondary spring broke last trip up with only 2300 miles on the sled. Is this issue resolved with a different spring?

The spring is an issue, one theory of the spring snapping is braking hard locking up the track when running fast. Supposedly they changed the spring. I stopped in the dealer in St michael a week ago cause I thought I snapped another. Turned out it just lost all tension. They say they changed 25 of those springs this season.

There gearing the sales of mountain sleds to riders in the rockies out West, huge market!

Don't really think it works like that Bob the manufacturer's don't decide what they are going to bring out next year based on what the others did a week or two earlier. They probably knew last year what this year was going to bring ,also they can't bring major changes every year or two we can't afford it and they don't sell enough sleds to support it but it is nice to dream