Conditions

Saguenay Bill

Hey Rob,

Is that Robert McFall from Virginia petting Greta? Looks alot like him. He was up there last year when I was there. He should get an award for the rider driving from the most southern point in the states to ride.

Is the helmet still working OK? No elect. visor yet?

Bill

No thats not me in the picture (I would like to be up there) but I'll drink with her too, then she can lead me around the lobby :wacko:

Bob McFall

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We, Rob, Mubs, Mikerider, Andyman and myself rode 225 miles today. Trails were great, temps were just right and scenery was great. A few pictures of our day.

WOW! nice pictures......I need to call in sick (for a week) :lol:

Rob,

I was counting on you to do the cold weather testing on that helmet. I am stuck in LA (the land of fruits and nuts) and you are there enjoying those perfect trails. The LEAST you could do for us is a thorough testing of the BV2S :)

Have fun and leave some snow

Bill

LOL, "I am stuck in LA (the land of fruits and nuts)" Isn't that were they make that new convertable car....... the one that the top doesn't go down the driver does. LOL

Thank you very much! I think we'll plan on riding from Quebec City then.

Where do ypu stay around Quebec to park your truck and trailer tyhat it is secure when you return ? I will be at the HI from Sunday -Wed and have talked to other people that the trails from Q city up are in good shape.

Feedback is appreciated and a contact for the hotel. I was going to ride around Shawinigan and canceled to join Bill at the HI since they are still having water and interconnecting trail issues.

Thanks,

Dale

No thats not me in the picture (I would like to be up there) but I'll drink with her too, then she can lead me around the lobby :wacko:

Bob McFall

Also from VA to Ithaca (to pick up the sleds & trailer) then up to "Bill's" Place (HI) it's 997 miles. now is that :wacko: or what.

Mikerider, HDen, zeusand, Rob and I rode 245 miles today. Went 93. 328, local, 93, local, 93, local to Milot. Had lunch in Milot [soup, beef, 2 scoops mashed potatoes, sald, desert and coffee......$9.31] at best place in town. Back across the Peribonka back to the HI, with a few diversions. Trails were very,very good. Oh well, just another day here in Paradise. Few pictures from today.

Where do ypu stay around Quebec to park your truck and trailer tyhat it is secure when you return ? I will be at the HI from Sunday -Wed and have talked to other people that the trails from Q city up are in good shape.

Feedback is appreciated and a contact for the hotel. I was going to ride around Shawinigan and canceled to join Bill at the HI since they are still having water and interconnecting trail issues.

Thanks,

Dale

Leave your trucks at Motel Safari in Shawinigan, secure parking, and breakdown pick-up! Ride up in one day great ride. There's no reason to drive up there this time of the year, I'm leaving in the morning :drinks:

Mikerider, HDen, zeusand, Rob and I rode 245 miles today. Went 93. 328, local, 93, local, 93, local to Milot. Had lunch in Milot [soup, beef, 2 scoops mashed potatoes, sald, desert and coffee......$9.31] at best place in town. Back across the Peribonka back to the HI, with a few diversions. Trails were very,very good. Oh well, just another day here in Paradise. Few pictures from today.

Forgot to say that the last picture is Stan trying my Renegade out for size. Looks like we may have another convert soon :p

The SDI in an XP chassis is def. the ticket. I can see how 4 stroke guys would not want to go back to the smoke of a 2 stroke.

However, after riding an XP, and can't imagine wanting to go to a sled that weights 100 lbs MORE. When you have to move sleds around in the trailer, or you get off trail and stuck, the XP is so easy to lift, not to mention throw around in the tight twisties.

Bill

The SDI in an XP chassis is def. the ticket. I can see how 4 stroke guys would not want to go back to the smoke of a 2 stroke.

However, after riding an XP, and can't imagine wanting to go to a sled that weights 100 lbs MORE. When you have to move sleds around in the trailer, or you get off trail and stuck, the XP is so easy to lift, not to mention throw around in the tight twisties.

Bill

The SDIs are great but the 09 DI is even better, with a 3 year spark plug warrenty! Automatic Summerizing feature and 250miles per tank range!

Gutz

The SDIs are great but the 09 DI is even better, with a 3 year spark plug warrenty! Automatic Summerizing feature and 250miles per tank range!

Gutz

I'd say 250 is pushing it but an honest 180-190 is probably there and needing to bring way less oil on a saddlebag. Renegade 600 ETEC will be my spring order unless I can steal a used Renegade 600SDI come March.

I will be coming to the area for the first time on Tuesday, Everbody on this forum seems to stay at the HI, before i found this site I booked a room at the Hotel Sagueneenee. Is this a good place to stay? It looks to be only a couple of miles down the road from the HI.

I will be coming to the area for the first time on Tuesday, Everbody on this forum seems to stay at the HI, before i found this site I booked a room at the Hotel Sagueneenee. Is this a good place to stay? It looks to be only a couple of miles down the road from the HI.

No direct trail access from the Saguenene. Isn't that most important?