Trail Conditions 2016

Saguenay Bill

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today we rode 100 miles. I had to go to DRC in Alma with primary clutch problems. A $1.69 spring clip broke and cause a $70 piece in the clutch to go. Guys at DRC were nothing short of great, William and Dany. Thanks to my 3 year warranty it only cost me $50

post-2-0-39043400-1455668472_thumb.jpg

Edited by Saguenay Bill

Any rain uo ther eout if this......any word on where rain line stopped?

Hi Clarkely,

On Mont Valin it was snow most of the day. We got back to the Delta around 4:00 PM and it was turning to freezing rain. It is to go back to snow overnight for a few more cm. Shouldn't be any problem here.

South of Jonquiere received more rain. L'Etape had rain this afternoon but there is a lot of snow so it shouldn't do any long term damage.

Jack & Sandi

The two red and black sleds mated, and if you look, the results were one black sled and one red sled.

The red one is more like a "distant cousin". Not a direct descendent.

The two red and black sleds mated, and if you look, the results were one black sled and one red sled.

Mike, how did the conditions hold up after last night? we are headed back up in that direction Thursday, do you plan on being there thru the weekend, we may cross paths. Happy trails RR

Today we went up to L Etape, 200 mile round trip on very nice trails.

attachicon.gifGateway to Lac St Jean.jpg

My odometer today

attachicon.gif22,000 miles.jpg

WOW.....22,000...Congratulations....Consider sending the post to the attention of Ski-Doo.....Two of the four sleds in our fleet are also two identical '13 - 600 Ace Renegades with 3,500 miles a piece. We have some catching up to do.

Here in Pittsburg NH, Monday the 15th ( -29F ) into Tuesday the 16th started out as snow but sadly Tuesday into Wednesday the 17th closed out with .86" of a hard driven rain ( johnsnhweather.com), with temps reaching +50F, resulting in a major washout. A + - 75 degree swing within 24 hours. Go figure ? As a result we are contemplating returning your way after we learn your current conditions.

Congrats again, 22,000 "miles".

Stay safe..

Paddy O

Edited by nyskidooerinnewhampshire

Hi RR, In Jonquiere and area while riding yesterday looked to be 4 to 7 inches of snow in areas. Turned to freezing rain late afternoon and then cold rain, no snow afterwards. Doesn't look like we really lost any snow, only concern is lube and cooling. I think after sleds go over the trails will be okay or after groomers break up the thin hard top layer may be good. Will know more today after we go out and ride.

I have reservations til Saturday, if it is good and I can get a room, will stay until next Tuesday.

mike

RR Conditions are still great. Went to St Bruno today and Scooby Doo and then down to Mt. Apica.

Over by St Bruno about ten inches of fluff.

Mt. Apica got snow then rain but good riding.

Came back by Evasion Arctic Cat and all excellent.

Did not see any snow loss, only gains.

mike