Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi all !!!

was snowing a while ago !!!grey sky ...poor visibility i guess !! - 7c...

first few pics with drifts and drag.....''school bus '' right behind !!

looks like some had a little '' romantic moment '' at the cb !!!

saw that deer on my way back...near the nice pine plantation in town !!!!

jean-guy

When we passed yesterday that deer was in woods right along trail looks like you interrupted someone's supper.

hi phil !!!

great to hear from you !!!...long time no see !!! hahaha !!!

yaa..maybe i disturbed the buffet of someone !! i was feeling asleep..forgot to check for coyotes tracks...

talked with a guy in town before going grooming and he told me they ve found 12 dead deer..very weak at this time of season..way too much snow !!!

another rock'n roll run...hard times to go up to lake..so much snow...can t tell where ditch is...grey and white everywhere...poor visibility !!

snowing like crazy in st alexandre...

awesome and huge drifts on my way to lac saumon...went completely off the trail buldozing that first drifts...machine started to lean heavy on one side......came very close to dig my grave right there...took a look at that drifts and many others....not that time put myself in troubles in the middle of nowhere for a trail with very-very-very low traffic...season is coming to an end !!

not interested to get stuck in 5-7' high drifts..no thx !!!

jean-guy :drinks:

another rock'n roll run...hard times to go up to lake..so much snow...can t tell where ditch is...grey and white everywhere...poor visibility !! snowing like crazy in st alexandre... awesome and huge drifts on my way to lac saumon...went completely off the trail buldozing that first drifts...machine started to lean heavy on one side......came very close to dig my grave right there...took a look at that drifts and many others....not that time put myself in troubles in the middle of nowhere for a trail with very-very-very low traffic...season is coming to an end !! not interested to get stuck in 5-7' high drifts..no thx !!!

Dude! Vous êtes complètement fou! We get all butt-puckered about stucking a sled in the fluff, AND WE HAVE A BUNCH OF BUDDIES RIGHT THERE TO UNSTUCK US!

Dude! Vous êtes complètement fou! We get all butt-puckered about stucking a sled in the fluff, AND WE HAVE A BUNCH OF BUDDIES RIGHT THERE TO UNSTUCK US!

hi playhard !!

sorry for the long wait...needed a bit of translation.....hahahaha !!

no,was nt nervous to go in there....just not wanted to put myself in troubles...late season....maybe one more week of grooming ...that trail is super low traffic...some weeks...not even 10 sleds...not even a bump ...not even berms in corners...

i spend around 1hrs 15 m grooming that trail.....and those drifts are the main problem...for about a 1000'...and the rest is always...an 8.5 ..

no interests for me to get stuck...and i m not interested to unhook drag !!!

reading many posts on the net ......many sledders here ...don t realize how spoiled they are !!!

never forget ..once you re on top of big drifts like that ....go forward...keep a speed that ''fit '' drifts....and if you re too far away from hard packed snow....forget to go backward !!!

it ll be bye-bye til mid august !!!...ahahhah !!

look closely on the other post...can see sticks from the fence....i got '' hynoptise '' by the drifts...with the effect of lights ...broke the fence of the owner i guess !!hmmmmmmmmm !!!

the translation i got from '' butt-puckered ''......if i translate in quebecois...just before saying tbk !!!

hahahhahaha !!!

mild temps today..-2c....cloudy !!!windy a bit !!!

hi all !!

well ,almost a mini gathering at the clubhouse this pm...

went to meet trailblazer + friends.....then later that guy came up the stairs and came straight to our table to shake hands......momo johnny and friend!!

great stories and laughs !!!

thx for the great week !!!

hey momo....you re a pro with that pencil........hahahhaa...

attachicon.gifjgh1.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh2.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh3.jpg

hi all !!

well ,almost a mini gathering at the clubhouse this pm...

went to meet trailblazer + friends.....then later that guy came up the stairs and came straight to our table to shake hands......momo johnny and friend!!

great stories and laughs !!!

thx for the great week !!!

hey momo....you re a pro with that pencil........hahahhaa...

Nice … Wish I was there … :drinks: Cheers Guys

I see round holes beside your footprints JG, what are those, ski pole holes?? Are you getting in shape for snowshoeing? LOL. Better get off the couch. I am in shape just like a Navy Seal.!!! Hmmm maybe I should say shape of a harbour seal!!

hi eddie !!!

now you have both ..rv and car !!..look at the radio antenna on car !!! guy added sticks yesterday!!

im shy to ask you that..maybe i should ask you if you have a room for rent !! could cut your grass for next week end !!!

hahhaha

too much imagination smclelan !!!

took pics around 6 30 pm..

PS : still snowing !!! :tease::tease::tease:

Back home now after driving 9 1/4 hours through that storm.

It was a real pleasure meeting up with JG and Momojohnny at the club house

I'll post more details of our ride tomorrow, wanted to do posted on the go but with my big fat fingers and those tiny IPhone buttons and my lack of patients when it comes to electronic devices it was safe to say I'll do it when I get to a real computer.

Here's one, where am I?

Didn't see an Iceman sticker here.

I know exactly where you are, if you looked in the opposite direction the view would be breath taking!!

Would be a good location for a QR Winter Gathering!!

Bingo!

I was just telling JG when we where at the clubhouse, the Gaspe in March would be the best Winter Gathereing spot! Especially when its light till 7pm.

Maybe thats the spot

miss the gaspesie yet ???

left grooming around 10 am ..back at 10 hr 45 ........warm ..about -3c....roughly 10'' of fresh snow !!

could become rough very quickly...but no traffic at all ..one sled track in town for 3 miles..

at the beginning ..very hard to see..grey and white everywhere...long straight west of ste marguerite...was looking for the ditch...

on my way back ...realized that i was not at the right place...looks like a rabbit trail !!hmmm...too narrow !!

ill fix that on next run !!!

-12c ..right now !!