no mosquitoes in Parent

Mid Range

:D Ahhh i can see the ice crystals hanging on the branches and the snowdust in the air.Just remember try not to blink or your eyelashes will freeze together!Sounds like heaven i'll be there in 10 days. :yahoo::drinks:

To be honest, at -40 I don't think I would want to ride, an on another note I probally would not be able to start my sled.

Its a 800 and when its that cold, I can not pull start it. :sad:

back in 97 i was working for challenge kanada (off trail race ) .so my job was to find ,trails ,lakes ,rivers to do a race course .

one morning we left the confortel in val dor ,then we stopped on a lake for info.an elderly man was fishing inside a little shack and he told us it was - 50 c that morning.

the night before i was on lake de montigny near val dor ,i took a few pics and i could see the ''steam '' coming off the seat of my sled .

when we left in the morning ,my seat was hard like a huge piece of rock.

- 30 c here and i saw on tv ,it was - 45 c in amos

groomer !!!

I thought so too, till we had to ride 280 miles starting at -45F, and warming to -25F. No more for me. In those temps, I stay home. Any little seal will leak, zippers, helmet shields, gloves.

Hit a 80 mile railroad bed at -45F, and you know cold.

When you have the right clothing the temperture really doesn't matter. :drinks:

I thought so too, till we had to ride 280 miles starting at -45F, and warming to -25F. No more for me. In those temps, I stay home. Any little seal will leak, zippers, helmet shields, gloves.

You just need the right eqipment,gauntlets,high windsheild,modular helmet and good layered clothing.there is usually little traffic and the trails are nice and hard. :drinks:

Sounds like the Railroad bed from Chapais to Lebel-sur-Quevillion. We hit Chapais at about 1pm and decided to continue on to Senneterre. It was probably -25F then, and -40F by the time we got to Senneterre. Of course I blew a belt on the rails, good thing for gauntlets, hands are never a problem. While warming up at the gas stop after the railbed, there were two guys on yamis with low windshields and no gauntlets, the one guy was riding with his buddy from England who was over for a few weeks...they both seemed to be having fun dispite the cold.

hi stan !!

i always bring my suit,mitts ,gloves ,tuque , etc ,etc .i won t groom today ,this is too dangerous for the machine to freeze .anyway i don t expect tq 5 to be rough.

if i groom ,only local trails close to town ,tomorrow .better stay close to houses, just in case.

took the pics earlier this morning ,but they don t tell the truth.

btw ,went to the clubhouse last sunday for breakfast and you '' missed '' something !!!ha !! ha !! but i won t talk about that here !! you never know who ' s on the net !!! ha !! ha !!

groomer !!!

mid range !!

friend from mtl just e mailed me .he s a dispatcher for a truck compagny and one of ''his '' truck is frozen between trois rivieres and la tuque ,-46 c!! must be close to the st maurice .

groomer !!!

mid range !!

friend from mtl just e mailed me .he s a dispatcher for a truck compagny and one of ''his '' truck is frozen between trois rivieres and la tuque ,-46 c!! must be close to the st maurice .

groomer !!!

One of our groomer is broken(transmission) upon the trail since 3 weeks.I can't recall what brand it is.They had to order the parts from England.We also have a 4 tracks New Holland (less than 500 hrs of operation) down in Mirabel for repairment

(differential).Last year we lost that New Holland for a month.

What's the best groomer according to your experience

hi stan !!

i always bring my suit,mitts ,gloves ,tuque , etc ,etc .i won t groom today ,this is too dangerous for the machine to freeze .anyway i don t expect tq 5 to be rough.

if i groom ,only local trails close to town ,tomorrow .better stay close to houses, just in case.

took the pics earlier this morning ,but they don t tell the truth.

btw ,went to the clubhouse last sunday for breakfast and you '' missed '' something !!!ha !! ha !! but i won t talk about that here !! you never know who ' s on the net !!! ha !! ha !!

groomer !!!

That's funny!!!! You have a great memory