Prime Minister of Canada Rode my E-Tec

smclelan

That is a great honor. Maybe you could get him to come to the Holiday Inn for a beer with us!

Mike

:drinks:

Nice idea Mike. Could you make that next time we are there from the U.K.

Gary

Edited by SnomoGary

The Prime Minister took my E-Tec for a ride on Friday while announcing $25,000,000 in Infrastructure funding for Trails across Canada.

The Big Guy and I

simply amazing that Canada will put 25 million into the trail system, 70 % of the riders are from USA...a smart business move to better their trail system and bring outside $$$ into Canada from tourism, they already have the best system in the world and continue to invest and improve it. hats off to them, this is great news for all of us who truly love this sport and our friends north of the border.....MANY THANKS ON BEHALF OF ALL OF US WHO LOVE TO RIDE ID CANADA!!!

smclelan how did that come about? That is really cool.

yarddawg: I also have a 09 E tec Gade. 1900 trouble free miles. I love this engine, great gas & oil mileage. Would have had twice the miles but I broke my leg 2/6...The XP chassis is extremely comfortable. You can ride for days and feel fresh. Glad I bought one.

Edited by Phil 1

smclelan how did that come about? The is really cool.

yarddawg: I also have a 09 E tec Gade. 1900 trouble free miles. I love this engine, great gas & oil mileage. Would have had twice the miles but I broke my leg 2/6...The XP chassis is extremely comfortable. You can ride for days and feel fresh. Glad I bought one.

I got this privilage because I am the President of the Snowmobilers Association of Nova Scotia. As far as why he made the annoucement in Nova Scotia, just luck of the draw.

Yardawg I have just over 4000 miles on my E-Tec and have also have no issues at all with this sled. I would stronngly recommend one.

Edited by smclelan

Very cool Steven. I just got in the door from the trains planes and rent a truck tour to Lake Superior!!! LOL

Andy

Our own Timbo now known as Trucker Timbo!!!

Edited by Andyman

I haven't heard a bad E-Tec report yet. I may have to dump my yami in the future?

thanks,

dawg

I talked to a couple this past week, there E-TEC blew up at I think 800 miles, and there replacement engine now has more miles on than the original did. I am not saying there is anything wrong with the e-tec but there was 1 bad one. Which in my book they are looking pretty darn good.

I talked to a couple this past week, there E-TEC blew up at I think 800 miles, and there replacement engine now has more miles on than the original did. I am not saying there is anything wrong with the e-tec but there was 1 bad one. Which in my book they are looking pretty darn good.

A friend, Keith Rohrer, from PA also blew up his E-TEC at 5400 miles. He was here this week and told me this. Now has a 1200 4 Stroke.

Nice job Steve.

I saw the report on the TV last Saturday when the wife & I where at the HI.

I said to the wife I know that guy, she said I knew you know alot of people up here but you never mentioned the PM of Canada.

I said not that guy, the other guy the Predident of the Nova Scotia Snowmobile Association!

Needless to say she was still quite impressed.

Edited by 182ray

Thanks for the great support to the greatest trail system in North America. My hats off to you and the prime minister and their teams.

Dale

I tip my helmet to the PM. Very cool. Well done Steven. This kind of experience goes a long way for all of us.

Dozer

Steven

You are the man!! Kudos on engaging the PM in a ride. You are most fortunate to have your personal lager of 35 snomobile suits; the better to outfit your guests!!!!!

Great job.

Thanks Guys for the nice comments. Without putting a political hat on, I think it is great for government to recognize the economic impact snowmobiling makes, and investing more money into improving it. It is a $1.5 billion business in Quebec annually, $8 billion right across Canada every year. This is generating the government huge tax revenues.

I was lucky to have him make the announcement in Nova Scotia. It was the PMs choice to ride into the announcement on a sled. I was lucky enough to have him ride in on the Snowmobilers Association of Nova Scotia's (SANS) sled and get to ride with him. (mind you I did say he could have the E-Tec if, I got to ride in with him, LOL)