Chaudieres Appalaches Trip

Je me souviens

We decided to check out some trails south of the river last weekend.  We left Villeroy and stayed 2 nights in Montmagny.  Day 1 was 200 miles via…too many trails to remember…25, 35, 535, 55, 547, 5.  General directions were south to St-Georges in the Beauce region, then back up to Montmagny.  Day 2 was 5, 35, 55, 549, 35 and 551 total of 180 miles.  Day 3 was 170 miles, 5, 551, 35, 547, local, 75, 35, 540, 535, 35.  Sorry best I can do here on trail numbers.  Luckily I was not the navigator on this one, or else we might still be looking for the truck.  The map looks like someone threw spaghetti on it and said have fun!  
Overall conditions were good despite the weather.  We took a few different trails up and around Le Massif du Sud, which was nice.  The area between Montmagny and Villeroy is basically the highest concentration of tapped sugar maples in the world, cool stuff.  Or should I say sweet?  
Here are some pics

F4C62F1A-2F21-4153-A3F2-08F9915637FA.jpeg

Edited by Je me souviens

1 hour ago, Je me souviens said:

Probably passed you guys, we rode from Derby Vt to RDL last week. Seeing the pic of the Covered bridge, did they fix it? When we were there 2 years ago you had to cross the river under the bridge, SCARY!!!!!

On 2/14/2022 at 4:27 PM, Je me souviens said:

Hi Steve, 

It’s still not fixed, drive across the river, it was not the most appealing river crossing I have seen.  

I remember it being closed for quite a while (seasons) back in the 90s and you would detour to the right and cross on the auto bridge. It reopened sometime in the early 2000s and closed again in 2017 (?)

Anyone know why it’s closed or what the plan is to reopen it? I know it’s considered ‘Historic’ so I’m sure it’s complicated.but it’s sad to see it unrepaired.