Shuttle Cost Forestville to Ragueneau?

Andyman

15 minutes ago, Andyman said:

Does anyone know the cost of the shuttle from Forestville to Ragueneau?

Posted by NORTHBOUND last March

Hopefully by next year the transport will not be needed, but if it is, this is what we found,today. We were headed west from sept isle. Called from Baie Comeau last night. Called the guy in Pointe-aux-outardes, seemed most logistical. He owns the Petro Canada gas station in that town and has 2 rollback trucks. Nice guy named Thomas. We told him we would get into town at 9am. Trail goes right into town. He dropped us at a side road crossing at Columbier. But he is flexible. He could have picked us up in Baie Comeau or dropped us in Forestville. But he charges by the hour, so shorter is better. He charged us 135 plus tax. His rate is 100 per hour.

All 3 of the guys on the poster are independent. Didn't check with the others. This guy seemed reasonable and was easy to work with.

Jeff and Sandy 

BA43FEA8-9069-4517-BF07-EDDC8967C444.jpeg

Well, blame China but the price is up like everything else. 

i just spoke with a Thomas in from garage in pointe aux Outardes

charge this year is a 2 hr minimum....$280 plus tax this is for up to 4 sleds and 4 riders. Bigger groups he can arrange for with notice. 

Open deck truck. Extended cab so room for driver and 4 passengers.

Best to call at least 24hrs in advance he said you can call same day but you may wait longer if trucks are busy on other jobs. 

Speaks perfect english. 

Thomas 1-418-297-5503

6 minutes ago, Andyman said:

Thanks Iceman I called Thomas earlier as well! LOL 5 in our group we would need 2 trucks $643.72!!!

That’s just One way. What’s your plan for crossing back? 

You need to ditch one rider, lol.

Wow

Is he the only option in town?

I was thinking of sucking it up and doing it this winter but that's getting a little pricey - greedy

Might just do the ferry over and do the eastern section for now, assuming the Titanic is still operating these days

1 hour ago, Andyman said:

Plan on the shuttle at Quebec City if it is running! LOL

It was running last year but the trailer is not long for this world. Also no food at Colibri  the restaurant was closed down, maybe back in business this year….

Not sure if they are still doing this service. It’s been 5-6 years since I’ve used them. 

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_12/655912A8-C9EF-41D3-A4B6-41CFBA935E71.thumb.png.4beb2538556982584c13aef878e98646.png

Edited by Florida Snowman

I noticed this today in an article promoting snowmobiling in Quebec:

Shuttle services are available to transport snowmobilers between Forestville and Baie-Comeau and between Sept-Îles and Sheldrake. Consult our Northern Trail itinerary for more information.

For more information:

Between Forestville and Baie-Comeau

Petro-Canada - Migneault Service J.M.Y. inc., 418 567-4211 / 418 297-5503

Mécanique D.A.I., 418 587-1333

Between Sept-Îles and Sheldrake

In Sept-Îles: Remorquage FG 24/24, 418-965-0171

In Rivière-au-Tonnerre: Garage Remorquage Poulin, 418-465-2920 (reserve at least two days in advance)