Any Decent Riding Anywhere

Padragon800

I’m going to be off work next week and I’m dying to get my first trip in things aren’t looking good from what I’m seeing is there any decent riding anywhere in Quebec? Id go to western Quebec to RDL to LSJ to Saint Zenon I’d go anywhere! Looking  at the groomer map doesn’t look too active disappointing way to start the season for sure any help or ideas?

Dont want to be a Debbie Downer but looking at the long term eastern Canada January forescast , things dont look overly promising. I got 5 bucks that say the FCMQ moves the free weekend out as there surely wont be enough trails opened by next weekend. Hopefully I am wrong on all of this.

My buddy Andre and another Quebec'r are going to head into his camp on Lac Chapeau de Paille on the 12th via back roads off the 345. I presume they will be starting from Mattawin and will report when I hear from them. I myself have another repair job and BIG bill to get accomplished in the next 1-2 weeks so its keeping my mind off riding. My air shock finally pooched and needs replaced and as usual BRP is VERY proud of that shock and has it priced accordingly. 15% off, no tax and free shipping helps sooth the pain a little though.

Update....spoke with mon ami Andre this evening and he and company are holding off to get to his camp on the 12th

and he really likes to go to his camp

i remember quite a few years like this in the last couple decades that were the same. Things just didn’t start getting good until later January 

hopefully this means we will all be getting an April ride

personally I blame Al Gore for ALL of this

13 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Dont want to be a Debbie Downer but looking at the long term eastern Canada January forescast , things dont look overly promising. I got 5 bucks that say the FCMQ moves the free weekend out as there surely wont be enough trails opened by next weekend. Hopefully I am wrong on all of this.

My buddy Andre and another Quebec'r are going to head into his camp on Lac Chapeau de Paille on the 12th via back roads off the 345. I presume they will be starting from Mattawin and will report when I hear from them. I myself have another repair job and BIG bill to get accomplished in the next 1-2 weeks so its keeping my mind off riding. My air shock finally pooched and needs replaced and as usual BRP is VERY proud of that shock and has it priced accordingly. 15% off, no tax and free shipping helps sooth the pain a little though.

any aftermarket companies offering a replacement to eliminate that air shock?

8 hours ago, viper2 said:

any aftermarket companies offering a replacement to eliminate that air shock?

I didn't spend much time investigating that. My thought's are that I like the air ride enough that I just want it back to normal.

Some guys hate the air shock because it does not act like a regular shock but it has always been suffice for the type of riding I do. The shift on the fly aspect cant be beat.

Also I get a good discount on BRP parts so I figured I might as well just stay the course.

Now if I would just take the time to take my seat cover off and fix the broken wire on my heating element I will have a full "Enduro" back....LOL...that hasn't worked for two seasons now.  

1 hour ago, snowmaster2112 said:

I didn't spend much time investigating that. My thought's are that I like the air ride enough that I just want it back to normal.

Some guys hate the air shock because it does not act like a regular shock but it has always been suffice for the type of riding I do. The shift on the fly aspect cant be beat.

Also I get a good discount on BRP parts so I figured I might as well just stay the course.

Now if I would just take the time to take my seat cover off and fix the broken wire on my heating element I will have a full "Enduro" back....LOL...that hasn't worked for two seasons now.  

Teamfast.com the people who make the M-10,20, etc... may have a replacement for the rear shock. their version of the Air Shock is usually rebuildable.

Compared to pulling the Engine, the seat and shock are a piece of cake.

You could even replace the bushings with ones from Val from Mainway Solutions, then just grease them every couple months.

Later

GutZ

On 1/2/2023 at 12:12 PM, grumpysanta said:

NFLD.....

My trip last year - western Newfoundland - conditions look better this year and earlier. Would not book anything until end of January early February to be safe though. Four minutes long, best part is last 2 minutes, sun was out.