Hot Stuff

iceman

I have a nephew who has a Polaris who needs the update done. Problem is the dealer can't get the parts.  Plus they have to see the sled and then order. And then they keep the sled until they can fix it.  They have to take pictures of the work done and send to Polaris.  Now the problem happens when you start the sled.  Something about static electricity in the fuel pump in the tank. They also say , as in the dealer,  only a very few sleds need the update.  How to hell can a company get away with this shit. So we decided he starts and loads his sled first and then we load and he doesn't start his until we unload. Sounds fair to me. Lol

On 1/2/2023 at 9:38 PM, iceman said:

That  looks like the last ride to me....just saying!

On 1/3/2023 at 6:19 AM, Shore1066 said:

I have a nephew who has a Polaris who needs the update done. Problem is the dealer can't get the parts.  Plus they have to see the sled and then order. And then they keep the sled until they can fix it.  They have to take pictures of the work done and send to Polaris.  Now the problem happens when you start the sled.  Something about static electricity in the fuel pump in the tank. They also say , as in the dealer,  only a very few sleds need the update.  How to hell can a company get away with this shit. So we decided he starts and loads his sled first and then we load and he doesn't start his until we unload. Sounds fair to me. Lol

Shore how are you suppose to get it there if you are not suppose to start it??

I guess that's your responsibility. Maybe tow with a rope by hand. My concern would be some dealer are saying run it. Well if you run it and it explodes do you really think your insurance company isn't going to check and see if the update was done. Oh yes would that dealer who said run it admit he said it.  First the update has been out for over a year so the owners, including my nephew,  should have taken care of this along time ago.  By the way our dealer a Polaris and ski doo dealer said don't run it. It's still Polaris,s fault.