St-Zenon photo ride-report January 6, 2023

towing

6 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Hot of the Press......

just spoke to Celine at Kanawata.........

The trail to Casey IS GROOMED a couple days ago and just not showing on FCMQ map due to technical GPS issues

I wonder how many other sections are having the same problem?

mon ami Andre called me a couple hours ago. They left Mattawin this morning and made it to the camp via the back roads (unplowed and un groomed) with no problems whatsoever. They went east of the 345/M20 junction (out house) a ways and take a right at km 91 ?? and it was 20 something miles into Lac Chapeau de Paille. Tomorrow they are heading to the Gouin. 

Should be some nice cream cheese for the riding tomorrow.

On 1/12/2023 at 1:27 AM, Blueblood said:

I wonder how many other sections are having the same problem?

Ontario uses a similar setup to Quebec and in Ontario it is up to the individual clubs to GPS their trails and trail changes. Sometimes it has seemed to be a cluster to get those new tracks to show up on the online map. That said, it seems to be getting a bit better in Ontario. I'm sure it is somewhat dependent on how techy the club volunteer doing the work is,

mon ami Andre at the Gouin this a.m. Says they were about 3/4 full last night. Lots of Ontario guys...imagine that...LOL Also said besides walleye and Lasagna they had ribs. Wow.........

On another note it's amazing to see the "sea of purple" on the map this morning. Awesome that it all came together as much as it could for free weekend. I would love to see the numbers from the FCMQ on exactly how many people registered for that. 

Couple young guys (late 20's) passed us on TQ83 east of parent.  About 1/2 hr later we caught up to them.  They were stopped at the bottom of a really ugly hill that kinda jumps (falls really) out of nowhere (should really be signed).  It's just after you get off the logging roads and onto the not so good portion of trail that runs parallel to the long gravel road coming in on the east side of parent.  Anyways one of the two got air off it.  Landed on his handlebar and windshield.  We stopped to ask if they needed help which they declined.  1/2 hour later they limped into the gas station in parent behind us.  Handlebar broken and windshield gone along with some broken plastic panels.  They were bugging every car that got gas looking for a ride to Mont Laurier.  The one that crashed looked to be in pain and was finding a place to rest in the gas station store.  They were both Quebec registered sleds and the one in the crash was a G5.  Other than that we had no close calls all weekend.  Everyone we met was riding sensibly.