New Renegade 4-tec!!!

Sled Dog

Hey guys - I just purchased 2012 Renegade X 4-tec. Very excited! I'm wondering which saddlebags work good for that sled? I already ordered the bag that goes on the back of the tunnel, maybe that will be enough for 5 day trip? I pick the sled up this Saturday so I'll know myself but wanted your opinions. Maybe some pics if someone has them?

Also what about the windshield? I've been in Quebec in -40f weather and know the stock windshield on this sled is not enough. Again, any pics would be great.

Thanks!!

There is a ton of room on the tunnel behind the seat for a bag. I went to one of the big stores like Walmart and found a soft sided large bag, water resistant, for about $60 or so dollars. I can stuff ten days worth of clothing into it. I line the inside with garbage bags and everything stays dry. I tie it down with the stiff rubber bungee cords. It has yet to fall off in ten thousand miles of travelling across Quebec and Ontario.

Hope this helps.

Mike

They have a new saddle bag this year, sits on top with map window. I bought it. My side saddle bags were always sitting on the running boards, wet snow, leaked, wet. I use to use the giant zip lock bags inside. This year I will try this new one as its higher up, not in the snow.

I use the 17" Cobra windshield, the height is not a lot greater but it stands UP instead of sloping back makes a BIG hole in the air, they added a 20" this year.

http://powermaddstore.com/pm/home.php?cat=160

I use the Ski Doo bag I think it is called a combo bag, has two side compartments and a center one with the map pocket Linda is speaking of, you can haul a lot of stuff.

Think snow... Congrats U R gonna love that sled, next year I am done with 2 stroke and will be on some 4 stroke... :drinks:

Edited by Phil 1

I think only Doo has the XR versions.

On the 1200's, last 3 years we used the 18 inch with the side defectors, works great, no folding.

This year I am trying the 1 piece 17 inch, a buddy will try the 1 piece 14 inch, and another will stick with the 18 inch with the side deflectors, (lot's of parts to buy).

Need snow to test.

The stock X/TNT is 12 inch, way too low.

Edited by markusvt

post-330-0-98627300-1323273458_thumb.jpg

not sure you can see from this pic but i have a shild that can slide up about 4 inch on cold days or rr beds and when u dont need it that tall just slide it down as for the bag the ski doo bag is fine for week long trips look into getting aheated bar bag very handy for your camara

Hey guys - I just purchased 2012 Renegade X 4-tec. Very excited! I'm wondering which saddlebags work good for that sled? I already ordered the bag that goes on the back of the tunnel, maybe that will be enough for 5 day trip? I pick the sled up this Saturday so I'll know myself but wanted your opinions. Maybe some pics if someone has them?

Also what about the windshield? I've been in Quebec in -40f weather and know the stock windshield on this sled is not enough. Again, any pics would be great.

Thanks!!

I use the combo bag Ski Doo P/N 280000300. It works great. On the 1200 with no oil to carry I have room to spare on 7 day rides. A couple of guys in my group that went to the 1200's, since they no longer have to carry oil have been having great success with just the expandable tunnel bag. Ski Doo P/N 860200427 (Black & Yellow) or 860200434 (Black & White)

I use the Ski-Doo Ultra High Windshield

# 860200225 it looks a but goofy but at minus 40 it looks real nice! I use a custom built aluminum rack to hold my oil/gas cans and a tunnel bag and a combo bag with the map pocket to hold the lady of the day! LOL

Andy

Thanks!!

I just bought the ULTRA High Windshield Part # 860200227 with the side deflectors and Windshield Support piece. I read on dootalk that it will fold down at 100 MPH, which I won't see happen. I want the biggest one made for the Saguenay area of riding.

Here are the best pix I have of the Cobra... I painted it black from the inside...it blocks air great and doesn't look so bad...

I'm not sure cobra makes one for the XR , it's not the same as the XP style

Yours looks good painted black like that.

I just bought the ULTRA High Windshield Part # 860200227 with the side deflectors and Windshield Support piece. I read on dootalk that it will fold down at 100 MPH, which I won't see happen. I want the biggest one made for the Saguenay area of riding.

Wise choice on the windshield Bill! Like you I don't need to worry about the 100mph folding problem in fact one of my crazy friends from Nova Scotia who was giving me and my sled a ride home from Quebec took the opportunity a couple of years ago to go about that fast on the highway remarking to me "this is the fastest that old suck doo has ever gone" as my windshield did fold in the back of the truck! LOL

Andy

I use the Ski-Doo Ultra High Windshield

# 860200225 it looks a but goofy but at minus 40 it looks real nice! I use a custom built aluminum rack to hold my oil/gas cans and a tunnel bag and a combo bag with the map pocket to hold the lady of the day! LOL

Andy

The only windshields that look goofy up there are the low ones!

C'mon Bill we are leaving Thurs PM for a few days in the Mts. You can meet us in Derby and go up and try out that new sheild. Steve

Hi Steve

Thursday I'm heading for Texas at 5AM. I wanted to stay home for Christmas but I lost the vote 2 to 1. Juliedele and Greta voted me down. Thanks for invite.

Bill

Hi Steve

Thursday I'm heading for Texas at 5AM. I wanted to stay home for Christmas but I lost the vote 2 to 1. Juliedele and Greta voted me down. Thanks for invite.

Bill

Hope you have a good trip, see you when the snow gets deeper. Steve

Thanks for all the responses! I'm going with my old saddlebags that I used on my 2000 SXR. They go across the back of the seat. I think it'll work great. They are the deluxe Coldwave ones. Those along with the Ski doo bag will give me plenty of storage.

Not sure what I'm doing about the windshield yet. Seems like there are a lot of options. And since there is not a lick of snow here :angry: I have plenty of time for research....