The Chibougamau Cannonball Run

Trailblazer

We were soooo spoiled, we had a beautiful ride, trails were wide, flat, fast and we rode well together as a team logging in days of 300+ and 400+ miles. We started 8.10 am thursday morning and arrived back at the trucks on sunday at 12.30pm with 1944 klms on the odometer of my Yamaha or 1853 klms on my GPS, hmmmmm...you decide. We started our ride from Auberge Godards parking lot in Nominingue, i drove up in the morning to meet some friends of mine from NY who arrived there the night before. The plan was to ride to Senneterre the first day, St.Felicien the second and meet up with Eddieskidoo, Skidoo420 and Crazysnow on saturday night (the third) at 100 lacs, then back to the trucks. Here's how it went.

Day 1

625 klms (375 miles)

Leaving Godards 319 south to the 63 up to the 322 into Lyton (Classic) for our first fuel stop, continuing on the 322 to the 63 once more then up the 386 to the the Indian reserve at the dam at Le Grand Lac Victoria in Parc de La Verendrye oh how sweet it was, as always, where we fueled again then off we go to Senneterre and arriving a little early too, so we decided to continue on to Labelle sur Quevillon for the night. Between senneterre and LSQ i don't think my needle went below 140, whatta trail.

Day 2

700 Klms (420 miles)

7.00 am we are in the trail, knowing we have a big day ahead of us if we want to position ourselves at the end of the day so that we can make 100 lacs the next. We learn that one of the QR riders in the other group had trouble with one of their sleds and was not able to make their destination for the evening and now the gameplan has changed, we are to meet at Notawissi on saturday night not 100 lacs, the pressure is on now, we'll have to postion ourselves closer than planned, thank god we decided to ride to LSQ the day before because that extra distance on day 1 gave us the time to ride into Relais 22 for night 2 as apposed to the planned St.Felicien.

A big thank you to Playhard, his information about Desmaraisville fuel cans and phone number was a big help, those Yammys do run down the tank quickly on those trails. We arrive at Relais Barriere Nord on the south end of Chibougamau for our lunch stop, as i sign the register 2 names above me is Jack and Sandy's (Revct). The attendant told me they were there earlier at 8.30, missed them by 3 hrs. Trail 93 down to La Dore was just freshley groomed and it was a real sweet ride all the way down to La Dore.

Day 3

455 klms (273miles)

We wake up to 6 inches of new snow and it was still snowing, todays plan was to meet up with the QR riders at Pourvoirie Barrage Gouin for lunch, because of the new snow we decided to ride the road up, only 90klms, by trail it's 255. So we send a message to the QR riders to do the same and were all together for lunch in no time. Afterwards we ride the road back to Parent, fuel up and ride the 13, some local and Woodrunner trails into Notawissi for the night where we enjoyed a very nice walleye meal, bottle of wine and shared a bunch of stories.

Day 4

164 klms (100 miles)

After a tastey breakfast all of us head off to Ste. Anne du Lac on a freshley groomed trail 13 out of Notawissi, we were the first ones on it, sweet. When we got to the lake the groomer had actually groomed on Lake Tapani. It must have been about 8-10 klms on the lake WOW! 319 to Mekoos where we have a coffee and part ways, Eddieskidoo, Skidoo420 and Crazysnow a real bunch of nice experienced guys to hang out and ride with, it was a pleasure to have been a part of their team. We head down the 319 to our trucks and knock on wood, nobody broke down, ran off the trail, ran out of gas or got lost we were both well tuned groups.

Hi trailblazer ,

Had a great time !!!! The trails were AWESOME !!!!!!!!

Was really nice to meet up with you and the guys. No more wine for a couple of days !!!!! OK. lol.giflol.gif Lol. Now back to reality till next time.

CrazySnow. !!!!!!!!!

Hi trailblazer ,

Had a great time !!!! The trails were AWESOME !!!!!!!!

Was really nice to meet up with you and the guys. No more wine for a couple of days !!!!! OK. lol.giflol.gif Lol. Now back to reality till next time.

CrazySnow. !!!!!!!!!

same here !!! my new saying is i do what i do , so i can do what i want . so back to work ha ha ha !!!! i go. reality sucks till next time :yahoo: ed

We started 8.10 am thursday morning and arrived back at the trucks on sunday at 12.30pm with 1944 klms on the odometer of my Yamaha or 1853 klms on my GPS, hmmmmm...you decide.

Seems you spinned your track like crazy :p

Very nice detailed report and pics :good:

You did real serious miles/day on this trip, i'm glad all went right and you had a great trip

thanks for sharing with us

:drinks:

Alain

Brought a hat from relias 22 about 9years ago and still wear it when those 90 degree days hit ....some how I think it will keep me a little cooler .... Need to pick a new one up soon...

Edited by barahkstree

Brought a hat from relias 22 about 9years ago and still wear it when those 90 degree days hit ....some how I think it will keep me a little cooler .... Need to pick a new one up soon...

Hi barahkstree ,

I think it's time for a QuebecRider Hat :lol: :lol: lol !!!!

CrazySnow !!!!!!

Excellent ride. Thanks to Trailblazer for the suggestion and leading the trip!

Good to meet crazysnow, skidoo420 and eddieskidoo. Looking forward to the next ride. Just need more vacation time...

Mike had a great time. Was nice to meet you and Burke

Trailblazer which Yamaha is that you're riding? My '06 Apex 121" is just broken in @ 15k miles, but I'm gettin old and I think I need power steering, and I'm tossed up between the 128" and 144", I'm just thinking that gas can storage sure has it's benefits, especialy if the tipped up rear on the 144" isn't in the way on the hard pack.

And by the way... 43MPH MOVING AVERAGE FOR 26 HOURS IS NOT BAD!!

Trailblazer which Yamaha is that you're riding? My '06 Apex 121" is just broken in @ 15k miles, but I'm gettin old and I think I need power steering, and I'm tossed up between the 128" and 144", I'm just thinking that gas can storage sure has it's benefits, especialy if the tipped up rear on the 144" isn't in the way on the hard pack.

David,

The 2013 Yamaha sleds debut tomorrow at 11:00am CST on the Yamaha web site. I'm looking at the Apex 144 with APS.

Enjoy!!

Tom

Pictures of the group below:

Real nice to see your smiling faces guys! Crazysnow I spent last weekend down in your old stomping grounds NYC. I thought about you and your family when we toured the city.

Andy

Real nice to see your smiling faces guys! Crazysnow I spent last weekend down in your old stomping grounds NYC. I thought about you and your family when we toured the city.

Andy

Hi Andyman,

To bad I missed you. Next time send me a PM anyway I think I was clova but thanks for thinking of me :drinks: Hope you enjoy NYC !!!!!

CrazySnow !!!!!!

great pics trailblazer !! :good:

....and awesome grooming !!

groomer !! :drinks:

Thanks JG but you're still the king mon homme.

Nice report and pics trailblazer.Thank you for sharing.On the first pic,these signs were put up by me last november as part of the volunteering work I do for our local club.

There's never enough volenteers for our clubs and most often they are not recognized for their hard work, we were well directed though that area thanks to your hard work Midrange installing signage. We need more like you.

Seems you spinned your track like crazy :p

Do you really Think!!! Hmmm... :p

You did real serious miles/day on this trip,

Nahhhh walk in the park!!! :rofl::rofl:

Excellent ride. Thanks to Trailblazer for the suggestion and leading the trip!

Good to meet crazysnow, skidoo420 and eddieskidoo. Looking forward to the next ride. Just need more vacation time...

Hi Mike, so you finally became a member, nice to have you on board. Welcome to Quebec Rider.

Thanks again for posting that tip in Desmaraisville it was a real big help. My sled is an 08 LTXGT 136" and has 19000klms now, and still runs like a deer :good: . If i were to trade her in i would definetly go for the 144/w PS, i'm getting old too.

and trailblazer lay off the wine you look blitzed in the photos.. lol.

Nahhh, it's just wind burn :p

OK, you got us with all your greats ride reports of the area... ;)

My friends Coyote and Rapex from passionYamaha, Krikri and I are starting tomorroy morning from St-Zenon and will sleep at Gouin sunday night, we expect to sleep around Chibougamau Tuesday night :yahoo:

We won't ride it as cannonball but I expect 5 days to do roughtly 2000-2100kms...

Thanks again for all the details you gave that will help us :good:

I should have a couple pic for you then...

:drinks:

Alain