Mt Apica closed this winter

actionjack

I am confused..treated like cattle...??? It's a self serve gas bar in the middle of nowhere,no other choices, paying minimum wage,with no english(probally but,I'm not sure)with every one of us getting there after not seeing much snow south of there, saying OMG look at the snow(when they are sick of it), and bitching how hard it is too pull the hills to that point, and asking how far it is too the next town Saguenay or Quebec...and BLA BLA...then complaining even more about everything being in French... I'm Just sayin...by the end of my work season in November(seasonal summer only), the last thing I want to hear is "can you beleive it..it's supposed to go to 20c next week ..F OFF I say" ..sometimes people have the right to be grumpy!! where's the damn snow!!! lol.

I'll gladly take the Gas. Don't care if they are friendly or not just as long as they got the goods. Its not an overnight its a stop and go.

23 is a great trail but its hit or miss. More times then not its miss. Gets a lot of traffic and can be a nightmare. For me i'd rather go 355 or thru relais 22.

I'll gladly take the Gas. Don't care if they are friendly or not just as long as they got the goods. Its not an overnight its a stop and go.

23 is a great trail but its hit or miss. More times then not its miss. Gets a lot of traffic and can be a nightmare. For me i'd rather go 355 or thru relais 22.

Lac Edward trail is a nice ride up to the lake, a few extra miles out of the way for the gathering hotel but with a group of good riders put together, no troubles and short breaks it's doable for supper time arrival, i estimate about 450klms from St.Raymond, last year we left from Le Gouverneur in Shawinagan, took Lac Edward trail and stopped in Roberval 450klms. From 83 fork to Roberval looks like the same distance as heading to Chicoutimi from the fork. Outfitter in Lac Edward sells gas and serves lunch. Pourvoirie Le Goeland.

I am confused..treated like cattle...??? It's a self serve gas bar in the middle of nowhere,no other choices, paying minimum wage,with no english(probally but,I'm not sure)with every one of us getting there after not seeing much snow south of there, saying OMG look at the snow(when they are sick of it), and bitching how hard it is too pull the hills to that point, and asking how far it is too the next town Saguenay or Quebec...and BLA BLA...then complaining even more about everything being in French... I'm Just sayin...by the end of my work season in November(seasonal summer only), the last thing I want to hear is "can you beleive it..it's supposed to go to 20c next week ..F OFF I say" ..sometimes people have the right to be grumpy!! where's the damn snow!!! lol.

Too funny, I was thinking the exact same thing!

Lac Edward trail is a nice ride up to the lake, a few extra miles out of the way for the gathering hotel but with a group of good riders put together, no troubles and short breaks it's doable for supper time arrival, i estimate about 450klms from St.Raymond, last year we left from Le Gouverneur in Shawinagan, took Lac Edward trail and stopped in Roberval 450klms. From 83 fork to Roberval looks like the same distance as heading to Chicoutimi from the fork. Outfitter in Lac Edward sells gas and serves lunch. Pourvoirie Le Goeland.

Le Goeland was for sale. Might be closed too? Have to stop at Domaine Lac Eduard.

Le Goeland will be open. Last year there was no gas at Domaine Lac Eduard only at Goeland. Not sure for this year what the gas situation will be there. One or the other or both.

Le Goeland will not help very much if you are N on 23 from L' Etape...

Also I don't want to marry the gas station in L' etape I just want fuel and move on. I have not had bad experience there, also the cafeteria there is not bad...

Now SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Le Goeland will not help very much if you are N on 23 from L' Etape...

Also I don't want to marry the gas station in L' etape I just want fuel and move on. I have not had bad experience there, also the cafeteria there is not bad...

Now SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The gas station in L'etape will be open it's the one at Mt Apica that will be closed unless I am confused which is highly likely.

You'd be right at home at the Esso

As usual iceman you hit the nail on the head on all counts

I was looking at my GPS software and found the following.

From the gas station next to Roquemont to L'Etape is 88.7 miles.

From L'Etape to to Laterriere ( Closest Gas Sonerco) is 89.5 miles.

From the gas station next to Roquemont to Apica is 120 miles.

From the gas station next to Roquemont to Laterriere ( Closest Gas Sonerco) is 169 miles.

FuelStop.jpg

Sonerco.jpg

FuelSonerco.jpg

RoqtoLSJ.jpg