THE GOOD , THE BAD AND THE UGLY!! Whats the damage?Give it to us straight .We can take it...NOT

snowfarmer

I thought i would start this thread with the idea of getting some feed back on the amount of rain/snow and conditions over the weekend from guys out on the trails. All areas included.I understand north might be ok but lets hear how other areas faired. Hope Alain shows up with his view.You to JG.Thanks

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get straight to the point. They need a blizzard. We left the DS this morning a day early and are still on the road. We were the only jackasses that road yesterday in the rain. Still managed 180 miles so we would know first hand of the conditions. Amazingly we had the trails to ourselves. In and around the DS is shot. Didn't ride today as we are headed home but it was 44 degrees when we left. North of St. Ambroise isn't bad and the further north and west still has good snow. We went over the St Charles River yesterday as well as the lake/river coming from Milot to Scoobyraid and it was about 2-5 inches of water. My suggestion is to wait for more snow or be prepared to trailer north. What sucks is this upcoming cold weather is going to make the trails feel like concrete. Sorry for the bad news.

Thanks for the update. If the snow gods are listening, do your thing and sprinkle some of that white gold on us. We've been waiting 10 months for the 2 short months that we can ride. I know, we can ride longer but Jan and Feb are the prime.

Jack & Sandi

http://www.woodrunnertrail.ca/trails-condition.html

Going to be at Mekoos on Thursday...i will let you know what its like once I am there, but reports are favourable so far..

Its encouraging when you use the groomer app on the phone it shows alot of the groomers have moved today and been out on quebec trails today.

Maybe they are on a low boy. I couldn't help my self. The sting is over now better is on the way.

hi snowfarmer !!

sorry ,posted too much pics on the other thread !!

very ugly here......0 c right now and windy !!still can see the water flowing in my street !!

checked on the french forum for news !!im only translating !!

st zachary,beauce area ,south of quebec city.guy is working on his maple trees for syrup...about 8 '' left.

another ,st georges (beauce ) very thin (yesterday )

pintendre (south side of quebec city )...sticks down in the fields..

valinouet (ski center ...l s j ) rained there ,turned to snow..

guy from shipshaw (l s j ) + 6 c there today

val dor....20-25 cm of snow......very windy

just saw on the news....very windy in quebec city..

on pierre-laporte bridge.....85 mph wind gusts !!

jean-guy

Just got a text from some friends that left Mt Saint Anne today, said trails from there (23) were good until Mt Apica relay, after that, terrible, they couldn't get past Herberville (not sure I spelled that correctly) they are supposed to stay at l'Auberge Carcajou tomorrow night and are considering hiring trucks and trailers to bring them there.

Thaw is already ended here, -10C with crazy strong winds at 19:15. Yes it melt, I would bet we loose arounf 1/3 of what we had around here in the south. I'm pretty sure it will be still rideable from here for the week end but very icy. L'm not too worry for the north, I have been in Chersey today and they still have huge snow cover and was snowing a bit at 10:00 this morning(no accumulations). Just let things froze back and Dozer do their job and it will be good. Because it's the 2nd thaw in a row I would expect a bit more icy conditions... The trails I saw from the road today were all looks good.

I won't be able to report soon, out for business friday/Saturday, riding only on sunday. You can take a look here watching for the updated date for each areas:

http://www.snowmobil...a/en/conditions

This thaw have been way shorter than the last one and the big snow cover we had act as a big sponge to take it. Thanks god for our crazy winter beginning that give us enought snow to survive those rain events...

Alain

Thanks for the updates guys. Feeling a little better

hi snowfarmer !!

sorry ,posted too much pics on the other thread !!

very ugly here......0 c right now and windy !!still can see the water flowing in my street !!

checked on the french forum for news !!im only translating !!

st zachary,beauce area ,south of quebec city.guy is working on his maple trees for syrup...about 8 '' left.

another ,st georges (beauce ) very thin (yesterday )

pintendre (south side of quebec city )...sticks down in the fields..

valinouet (ski center ...l s j ) rained there ,turned to snow..

guy from shipshaw (l s j ) + 6 c there today

val dor....20-25 cm of snow......very windy

just saw on the news....very windy in quebec city..

on pierre-laporte bridge.....85 mph wind gusts !!

jean-guy

Feeling bad for you Groomer. Let's hope for better times

Thaw is already ended here, -10C with crazy strong winds at 19:15. Yes it melt, I would bet we loose arounf 1/3 of what we had around here in the south. I'm pretty sure it will be still rideable from here for the week end but very icy. L'm not too worry for the north, I have been in Chersey today and they still have huge snow cover and was snowing a bit at 10:00 this morning(no accumulations). Just let things froze back and Dozer do their job and it will be good. Because it's the 2nd thaw in a row I would expect a bit more icy conditions... The trails I saw from the road today were all looks good.

I won't be able to report soon, out for business friday/Saturday, riding only on sunday. You can take a look here watching for the updated date for each areas:

http://www.snowmobil...a/en/conditions

This thaw have been way shorter than the last one and the big snow cover we had act as a big sponge to take it. Thanks god for our crazy winter beginning that give us enought snow to survive those rain events...

Alain

Thanks Alain for the update of this area. I am heading up in 8 days but I was worried if we would have to change our starting location. We are leaving from St. Zenon and heading north from there. Temperatures look good for the next week now we just need snow. I will look forward to your report sunday night or Monday.

Yeah , Alain has given me hope! He is the Billy Graham of snowmobiling. Lol

What's all the wimpering??? You just heard I was baking brownies for Groomer and you want some too...that's all! Forget it... There is snow, get your stuff ready...Let's ride! Joe wants to leave Sunday for Mount Laurier...want me to tell him to pick you up? I am helping him plan a route north and then when he comes back I will be at Mekoos, he will stay a couple of days and head back...

Linda

• I had a call from Timbo who just arrived in St Donat late this afternoon he said they have Lac Archambault closed but he expects it will re-open tomorrow due to the cold temps and high winds drying everything out. He tells me the snow level is down but there is still tons of snow and after the groomers get out and a bit of lube it will be good to go.

Andy

We are the fools snowdogs is referring to. We ran out of snow in hebertville. Stuck here. Looking to trailer someplace. We are being told all of saquenay is closed. We rode dirt for 20 miles before we started to overheat. Trying to get to auberge ravage. Any idea if trail 3 down through cermont towards beaupre is passable? Need to make it back to truck.

We are the fools snowdogs is referring to. We ran out of snow in hebertville. Stuck here. Looking to trailer someplace. We are being told all of saquenay is closed. We rode dirt for 20 miles before we started to overheat. Trying to get to auberge ravage. Any idea if trail 3 down through cermont towards beaupre is passable? Need to make it back to truck.

Any chance you left a set of keys at your truck? How many are you?

Krissy and I arrived in St-Donat early afternoon today. A few observations:

There is still a lot of snow in Lenaudiere/Laurentide. I agree with Alain's post that we still have 2/3rds of the snow on the ground that we enjoyed here last Sunday when Thad and I departed St-D for PA. Still lots of snow in the woods and on the trails. What has suffered is the "connectivity"' such as getting into gas, lodging in more urban areas, food, etc. No biggie......typical "late season" conditions.

Here in St-D, TQ33 is a tad screwy, as the local club has closed the trail on LacArchambault attributable to the warm temps and about 3/4" of rain yesterday. It's 3F at present and the wind is still blowing at 25 to 30 knots, so the slop on the lake (my place is on the lakeshore) is rapidly freezing-up. We have enjoyed about 2" of snow since mid afternoon, so hyfax issues will be ok for tomorrow.

Krissy and I will do St-D to Coin Lavigne, StMichel Relais, SMDS, Koubec, Le Glacier, back to Coin Lavigne, thru the Parc again to Caribou Gate, and back to St-D. Will report tomorrow eve.

Forecast is for cold to average temps for next 10 days. There is probably enough snow on the trails for anything north of a St-Raymond, St-Gabriel, St-Emiele, Ste-Agathe line, and as long as we keep receiving the few inches of new over the next few days to give us a little fluff on the surface of the icy trails, all should be good. High here tomorrow is forecast to be 5F.

Krissy and I will be here till mid-day Monday, when I'll head back to Slowville to do a little biz, switch sleds, then come back up next Sunday with Thad to meet a delegation of low life's and degenerates from the Maritimes to embark upon a great 10 day tour to who knows where. I'll post each day twixt now and Monday.

timbo