little reminder !!!

groomer

I think the bigger lesson shown here is why you should NOT follow too close to the rider in front of you, but hey do what you want.

Me I like to see where I'm going not ride the taillight or helmet of the rider ahead of me.

These guys were way too close together.

I think the bigger lesson shown here is why you should NOT follow too close to the rider in front of you, but hey do what you want.

Me I like to see where I'm going not ride the taillight or helmet of the rider ahead of me.

When you bring 1st time riders to Quebec, especially kids, you really have to drill this into them. Folks get caught up in the snow dust and smack groomers or blow thru road crossings. The kids think everyride is a race so you have to keep reminding them. Our groups style up there is typically we are just beyond site, sled to sled, even on open long trails. I'll slow just long enough every 15min or so, when I see the theadlight of the sled following me to know hes there, then we space it out again. So far we havent lost any tail lights! :drinks:

SMOKE"N...Iceman you are absolutely on the button, do not ride the tail light but ride your own trail, distance between sleds certainly is the message here.

JG

Would not hurt to ride on the right hand side of the trail either. In that video it looked like it was up the middle at best, and on the left in the turns. Anyone can ride fast, but when you can't even come close to maintaining your side, it's a sure sign you're riding beyond your ability and taking the easy way out....up the middle, on the left, cheating the corners, etc. Not much good can come from that style eventually.

Glad there were only injures to pride and machines, and perhaps soiled underwear, could have easily been deadly.

Groomer driver will probably need PTSD therapy.

Will make me pay a little more attention tomorrow, to my own riding, and for the inevitable folks like that coming my way.

Hey Mark show this video to jasen before u hit the trails in the AM. Don't let him become a concern. I'm not with him to preach safety this wknd. Have fun and no high pitch whistling at Pierre's lol

its all good to keep reminding time to time !!often, i guess...we think that it happen only to ''others ''.

the closest ''near miss '' i ve seen ,right in town...at night....7-8 years ago.

jean-guy

I can't stop watching it. Thanks for sharing Groomer.

I bring lots of newbies to Quebec and I'll include this video in the "orientation".

NHTOM, you've got the group ride straight. "Have your own ride" & "KEEP RIGHT!"

• 3 weeks later...

Scary and sobering video to watch.........

I hope everyone comes away with ideas on how to make their next snowmobile trip safer. If you watch it and think, you can see the 4-5-6 things that went wrong for this to happen. Like most accidents, its a series of items that stack up that ultimately lead to the final event. I would caution those making snap judgments to reflect for a bit. We are all human, and usually gain the most from the worst choices we have made, (it's hard to be perfect, it's hard to live in glass houses).

To those in the video, awesome everyone is in one piece, take the lessons and go forward. :friends: