Xmas Eve Update...

scorpionbowl

As many locals know, L'Etape is also a critical stop for Santa as he sweeps from the north towards Quebec City. He simply can't rely on Apica this time of year to refuel, so L'Etape is crucial. As a junior Elf to Santa, it was my job to make sure things are well. There's certainly plenty of snow...

And the trail 369 south was just groomed and perfect...

It's a good thing Santa doesn't need to take TQ23, it didn't look too good south, and was only groomed north for ten miles or so till the trail approaches 175. It didn't seem open after that except for locals.

As any good elf would do, I helped a local Québécois at relais Castor. He had a 2014 Etec with a dead battery...

Apparently the hand Warmers on the kids seat stayed on when the sled was off. Note to self, try to start your sled with the cord around the clutch, just in case, they couldn't do it...

After a quick ride, it was back to the truck and time to drive north, and to update Santa. After a good chat, I got some good scoop. Santa has a totally new ride this year. He has reengineered reindeer that were bred and raised by a Yamaha dealer, named Pierre. The suspension on his sleigh was totally redone by BRP, so he's good to go.

I was also able to get the scoop on what gifts he has for us snowmobilers this year...for all of the Arctic Cat riders, your next trip to the service department will be free! Yamaha guys will get a new -50lb helium bag [-70lb for iceman]! BRP riders get a new reliable 2-stroke that uses no oil. When I asked him about the Polaris guys, he said what's a Polaris? Lol

After that, I was able to get some details on specific gifts for some of our QuebecRiders...

Groomer, you get what you asked for, the Duck Dynasty chia pet...

Iceman, you got your gift early because you were a good boy...yeah right, this years new DOT regulation means Santa would have been overweight carrying a Yamaha, so he had to bring it early.

NH-Moose gets a 2007 Renegade SDI that will never age or break down.

Towing gets a new app that allows him to post trip reports once, and then it gets broadcasted to multiple sites in any language.

Smclelan is once again on Santa's naughty list, so this year his sled will be constantly shadowed by a rain cloud.

Lindasledgirl will get a nice chainsaw carving of Groomer.

Florida Snowman & Playhard will finally become co-owners of a new auberge outside of Wemotaci.

And Saguenay Bill, Santa said you already have what any man could want, but after the holidays, he would like a 2 day run around Saguenay, just grab him a trail pass for his sleigh...

Feel free to post what else Santa brings...

Merry Xmas...

Great stuff Gary, still need to milk another season or two out of the old 2006 SDI, Santa brought me a new engine for it, $2000 sounded a whole lot better than $10,000+ so let's see what else we can break on it ;<)

Merry Christmas to all, enjoy all the new toys,

Moose