WHAT I LEARNED FROM ANOTHER SITE

grumpysanta

When we were up there, they guy at La Galciere said that the thiefs found a way to easily reproduce the Yamaha Key and they were stealing them left and right. He also said that Polaris was a target sled due to an easy to make key.

C'mon ... Six sleds and nobody see's .. Nothing ... sounds like some funny Business. So what they pulled in with an 18 wheeler.

Even if they had a key made up that's a lot of sleds to move. I'm not a fan of staying at the pot The more out-of-town the better.

Lock those sleds up boys. !!!

Lol Yamaha should just go to the ski doo system may have to wiggle that cord 20 times a day but when they break they are so much easier to tow

Can't believe as heavy as they are anyone would want to steal it lol or why they would have such a high resale value lol maybe the weight contributes to what you get at the scrap yard

I was up in Saint Donat a few weeks ago. We ate at Pot....an my wife thought I was paranoid when I sat at a window table to watch over my brand new 2014 Ski Doo sled. It was during the day, but after hearing stories of sled theft....I wasn't taking any chance. I had heard that the provincial police had broken up the theft ring? Not true?

Seven sleds stolen at same time sounds fishy to me too? Were they insured???

Shame That was a big issue in saint raymond in the 90's then I would wire an inline switch under the hood kills all wire to the ignit. Also cable them if riding with someone.

6 @ one shot sound fishy. They used to cable the sled for you even while eating with gaurd. That was some time ago

Lol Yamaha should just go to the ski doo system may have to wiggle that cord 20 times a day but when they break they are so much easier to tow

Lets hope BRP will address the annoying problem and the " wiggle " may finally be fixed in 2015

Before my trip to St Donat recently, I dropped close to $50 on the thickest grade security chain the hardware store carried, and the best lock I could buy. Neither was cheap, but if you are going to use a thin chain or cable, and a lock that can be popped....you are wasting money and not securing your investment as well as you could. I a not saying my chain is 100% theft proof, but it is very thick and would not be easily cut. It is a shame that I had to spend close to $50 on such things, but at least I returned with my sleds. They were kept in a fenced coral, which was chained up....and I also chained my sleds together. Overkill? Not to me.

My friends have been the victims of theft in QC Truck trailer sleds etc. What I personally would like to see is some sort of sting operation set up by the police to try and deter these thieving scum..

Im not advocating adding anything like DSS. Those things can be a pain just saying you need need the key to take a sled if you are determined.

ANY TING CAN BE STOLEN .. AND I FOUND A CABLE BETTER THAN CHAIN , BECAUSE I LOST A TRITON TRAILER STOLEN FROM MY HOUSE LOCKED TO A TREE BY A BIG ASS CHAIN , THEY COULD NOT CUT THE LOCK BUT THE CHAIN WAS EASY ,SO I USE A CABLE BUT ANY THING CAN BE BEAT .. JUST MAKE YOURS HARDER THAN THE ONE PARKED BESIDE YOU . AND THAT WAS 6 SLEDS NOTS SEVEN ..How easy a story gets bigger.. hope the info was good for you MR. GUTZ.....LOL.

I was talking to a guy at the Universal in RDL a couple weeks ago and he told me they were using a log truck with a picker and a guy inside the "secure" area with a strap to steal sleds!! Wouldn't take long that way. Someone would definately see it but I think most locals would be a little scared to get involved for obvious reasons !!

Several years ago, we witnessed a flatbed wrecker pull into a motel parking lot one night for no apparent reason. The motel owner must have known something was up because he chased them off.

I've always said: "locks only keep honest people honest". If someone is intent on taking something the best lock/chain/cable only slows them down. (But it may deter them from taking the item if it is difficult enough to bypass.)